Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 8:28 am

Unlike a few people on this site, I do not remember back to babyhood.

The first thing I can manage to remember is being four and we were moving house. There were boxes everywhere and I saw people moving them downstairs. I am sure that I could remember much more if I tried but I feel then I am having fake memories (that has happened more than once).

Regards, mightyzebra.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 8:49 am

eating cherios with my brother :P
I was 5

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 3:53 pm

I think I was under 2 years old, and I pointed towards a petrol station, saying 'ner ner ner' to my auntie.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 6:35 pm

Getting coverd in red colouring from a big tube of smarties it was Christmas I guess I must have been three and a half.

freya918
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2007, 7:50 pm

one of my earliest memories....i was a toddler [2 or 3], and my mum was singing some song with "i'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when i'll be back again" as part of the lyrics. i started bawling because i thought i was going to be an orphan 8O.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 7:56 pm

I remember Tweety, our family's first cat.

I remember how it felt walking on the carpet after I had my toenails cut. I was about two.

I remember when I spoke only German. I learned English when I was six.

bobert
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2007, 9:23 pm

I remember when I was three my grandmother took me out into the field, next to her house, and had me "help" her pick strawberries.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 3:17 pm

I've already started such a topic earlier :) and it's what I wrote about my earliest memories then -----> http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... ht=#824633 :)

28 Aug 2007, 4:01 pm

Being at this house in the summer time and it's real hot outside and my parents always took me to this house. A lady lived there and she had kids there and she had lot of toys. You go inside and there was the family room with toys on the shelves and on the right side was the kitchen. I didn’t play with other kids there and I was real quiet and I was withdrawn, by myself. I remember one day I was lying on the couch having my diaper changed and there was this other black girl talking and the lady had a little tub of water and she had a clean diaper unfolded to put on me and she started to touch me down there, touching my folded skin and I remember I hated it because it hurt and felt uncomfortable. I can remember I started to squirm and grabbing at her hands and I kept kicking and then she stopped. Who knows why she was doing it. Maybe I had a diaper rash and she was putting cream on me or I was getting a rash or maybe she was wondering why my folded skin was sticking out so she was checking it seeing if it was effected.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 11:37 pm

Actually, I have memories earlier than the ones where I'm in my crib... one is I think at that apartment building on Galland in Dorval that we lived in when I was 1... these memories were when I was 1 or 2... one of them is me coming up the stairs, I think my mother is behind me, and I go into the apartment after waiting at the door for someone to open it, and my father or someone is in there sitting at the table... I think we were bringing stuff up there, some of it was my toys, including wooden green-painted trees and other stuff for a mini-park or whatever... we had them on the table, my father helped me arrange them and we played with them I think... someone looked at me with affection.

I also remember being at my father's sister's place with her and her husband. I think my mother was there too. Their stuff was much nicer; this was before they had a kid. They had nice flowered tablecloths; I hid under a round table with the flowered cloth and some stuff on it, other surfaces had framed photos on them. Someone, I think a man, I think my uncle, said peekaboo or something to me while holding up the tablecloth. I think their black poodle was there too.

I also have a memory where we're walking around a house that's empty, I find a table and chairs in this room like classroom chairs, also this wierd thing on the wall that lights up, I ask what it is and my mother or someone says it's our new home. I also see a doorway on the lower level that leads down to mops and stuff, it's a long way down and I wouldn't have been able to get back up. I stayed away from there.

We went to this other house where we were looking around and we saw bedrooms upstairs, we went into the kitchen and someone opened up a door and to my and my mother's surprise there was a bedroom, right off the kitchen... small, with a tartan bedspread. There was also a bedroom upstairs that I spent some time in and at least 1 other one.

We also went to an apartment up on 32nd Ave. in Lachine, at least me and my mother did. She pushed me around in a stroller through the apartment, I scratched my leg on something in the bathroom and remember seeing it the next morning when I wokr up and we were lying in her bed and she still wanted to sleep.

I remember we went to a church-- back then I didn't know what it was-- and my mother was talking to a woman, I didn't know what about but she was collecting stuff like food and clothes I think, for us to take home. The kind old woman who worked there gave me a cupcake, chocolate with a brown or white design.

All of this was when I was like 2.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 11:33 pm

Being held by my paternal grandfather outside his place of work. All I remember is the colors and some shapes. The piles of rusting iron down the sides of a low workshed, and lots of green too. He worked at a metal casting factory. I was about 3 months old, as he died when I was about that age. I'm really happy that I have some memory of him.

Maxx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Sep 2007, 11:46 pm

I can't remember exactly what my first memory was, but I know that one of my very earliest memories was of looking out the window on an airplane. I've only been on one since then, but I still look out the window the whole time.

Mozart
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Sep 2007, 12:56 am

I'd really like to say that my earliest memory is of my original cell splitting but I think everyone would realize that I was telling a lie.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 1:55 am

My first memories?

My grampa holding me in his arms and the noise of the 4 way traffic from the highway across from where he was holding me. He was apparently ready to go across a very busy highway with me in his arms. Why?
I remember he was smoking a cigarette and he had a short sleeve shirt; and wrinkles all down his face, especially on the right side. On the right side, the wrinkles would go all the way down from his eyes, past the mouth, and very deep. I remember I wanted to put my finger in his wrinkles...
Also, I tried to count the cigarettes left in his pack. I only knew to count up'till ten...

Next thing I remember: a candy necklace aroung my neck. So yummy. So many colors. Sticky. I like sticky :P .
I want my whole body to be sticky! :P

Those were my first memories ever. Sorry, no strange birth memories... :cry:

Last edited by michel on 15 Sep 2007, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 2:02 am

trying to escape my crib when I was only a few months old, and feeling trapped, and when i was two trying to put on the velveteen rabbits outfit.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 2:10 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
trying to escape my crib when I was only a few months old, and feeling trapped, and when i was two trying to put on the velveteen rabbits outfit.

Awwwww!