Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 2:00 pm

I think that my earliest memory is when I was lying on a bed in my parents' bedroom, I think my father was lying on the bed too, and my mother said that she was turning off the light and pulled the chain hanging from the light fixture and turned off the light. veryhing was blueish, darkish... even when the light was on it was still dark... I think that it's because babies don't have developed sight at that stage, so I think that was my earliest memory.

I also had a memory where I was lying in my crib dreaming of being in the jungle with the animals... some of it was cartoon, some real... some surreal... I was naked... I wished I had something, something was missing, I was naked and had nothing and no one... but I was happy... I was running around with the animals in the jungle, over ponds, swimming or floating or running or creeping or crawling so fast I was swimming through the air over ponds and stuff... the animals were my companions... it wasn't human companionship; I was just aware that they were there, that they were alive and had feelings like me, though I may be more aware of our companionship... just running around with them, or even just in their presence, was stimulating for me... I woke up in my crib and was upset that I wasn't there any more; I started crying. My mother came in, picked me up, then put me back down and left me alone.

I also have other memories of myself in a crib... I remember standing in my crib looking over at my stuffed animals which were lined up against the wall on the floor, and I was yelling and crying because I wanted my mother to come get me and take me out so that I could play with my stuffed animals... I also remember me crying at night, my mother coming to get me and bringing me into her room to sleep on her bed with her, I was still crying because I wanted to be comforted more, she wanted to sleep though and told me to stop crying or I would go back to my crib.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 2:21 pm

I remember back when I just got adopted and was still living in New Jersey, being at court, then living at the Sandy Hook lighthouse. We went up to the top of the lighthouse sometimes to watch the sunset, I remember how beautiful it always was. I was really young but Im pretty sure I wasnt an infant anymore.

tantopat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2007, 2:45 pm

I have several early memories, and I'm not sure which is earliest. :? I think it might have been when I went to see Dad race once, and I was in his trailer with him while he got ready for the race. I remember trying on his helmet and being fascinated by the logo on the front, and then one of his friends walked in. I think there was a chain or string of beads on the table I was sitting at, and I was trying to arrange it into the shape of the logo on the front of the helmet. :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 3:21 pm

my first memory was in an old wooden barn at night lit by warm yellow kerosene lantern light. My dad was holding me on his hip and the old farmer guy in overalls was on a stool milking a cow. kitties were mewling around the pail and the farmer squirted some milk from the teat to the side, splattering the kitties who stopped mewling and started licking in delight!

oft times after I begged my parents to take me back to this farm ( we lived in Kansas) but was told "they moved to Oregon!" I fixated on Oregon from that moment and when I was older, moved to Oregon and made it my home, all from this memory. I also later found this farm family and became a pen pal to their grand daughter that was going to U of O in Eugene.

Merle

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 3:37 pm

My first memory is of being pricked with a needle in one of my buttocks while my mother was sitting in a chair watching. She looked a little sick. I was crying. I thought I was being stuck with a safety pin. Years later, I asked her about that and she was shocked that I remembered it. I was a few months old and the family doctor was giving me an injection (I don't remember what she said it was for).

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 3:40 pm

Shoving vegatables up my nose at dinner. My mother had to make me sniff them out.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 3:40 pm

When I was 3 my cat was responsible for cracking my head open... :x Damn creature lol

I climbed up onto the window sill in my ol' lounge (ex house lol), opened the window allowing my cat to come inside, and it brushed past me, knocking me off balance and sending me out the window, and the uppermost part of my forehead collided with the concrete path outside... damn animal lol.

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Aug 2007, 3:50 pm

My first memory is of learning to walk in the backyard of the house where I grew up. My mother had borrowed a little red cart from our then neighbours, which I pushed forward while my mother was walking beside me. I remember that walking straight on went pretty well, but taking a bend was a bit more difficult. I kept going off the road all the time. (Eventually I learned it all the same, for which I'm glad, as crawling around on all fours doesn't usually make a very good impression on people :wink:)

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 3:52 pm

hoot hoot broom!! ! AUUTOBAAAAHNNNNN!! !! AUUTOBAAAAHNNNNN!! !! !! !! !!

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Aug 2007, 4:26 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
hoot hoot broom!! ! AUUTOBAAAAHNNNNN!! !! AUUTOBAAAAHNNNNN!! !! !! !! !!

That's Germany. :lol: I'm Dutch. :wink: I only wish we had Autobahns here, with no speed limit. How I envy the Germans.
(sorry for off-topic)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 Aug 2007, 7:11 pm

playing monkey on my realdad, in his army uniform :)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 7:27 pm

I used to have one from about 2 or so, but now I am thinking about 4 when I was learning to write first, copying the words neatly from cards we had to go and get from the teacher's desk. Remember the posters on the walls too, saying 'cat' and 'dog' with the images.

tourettebassist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2007, 7:28 pm

two dreams I had when I couldn't have been very old. I can't tell you what they were for fear it will make them happen.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

26 Aug 2007, 7:56 pm

My earliest memory is me sitting on a bean-bag watching tv, I turned around and my father threw a beer bottle at my mother.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Aug 2007, 5:17 am

I cant remember how old, probably 2-3, earlest memory was chewing on a toy, a stuffed animal of odie from Garfeild. It was around this time I had learned to take off my diaper, and my mom caught me and got mad, never did it again that I can remember.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 8:17 am

I remember as far back as when I was speaking baby langurage. I also remember being bottle fed as well.