Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,252
Location: Western Australia

07 Jun 2024, 9:32 pm

I have a flag that has Asexual (Ace) colours - purple, white, grey and black. I think it's very cool.

The Trans flag has a lot of pink.



MoeTrashPanda
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 7 May 2024
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 411
Location: In Your Dumpster

07 Jun 2024, 9:46 pm

renaeden wrote:

The Trans flag has a lot of pink.


I ♡ the trans flag. It is my absolute favorite. It reminds me of Sylveon, and I love the pastel blue and pink combo.


_________________
With feral regards,

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ


Tiff B
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 6 Jun 2024
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 14
Location: Saumur, France

08 Jun 2024, 8:43 am

Of course you can love or hate any colour you want, and tastes do evolve through life. I have always really disliked pink unless it's a very specific shade of old pink. had a recurring nightmare in childhood that was just a (terrifying) pink blob changing shapes so maybe it comes from there. I am weird with colours because they can kind of stress me out if there are too many. I surround myself with and wear neutral and muted tones. Lots of beige, khaki, medium blues. Bright colours give me headaches, red and yellow are the worst. They are just so LOUD, you know?


_________________
I write long-winded posts. I can't help it.
Just starting the diagnostic process -- 147/200 on the Aspie Quizz
CPTSD, OCD, HSP, ADHD... 100% ND!


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,189
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

08 Jun 2024, 11:43 am

One color I have never liked wearing is green. I have always hated wearing green and I had to practically my mother to stop buying me clothes in that color. I think the reason is because as a kid there was this hospital I was in and out of constantly when I was really young because of my ears, and everything in it was surgeon scrub green. But I don't really know.

In some cultures people have a very different idea what colors symbolize. I read that in the middle east white is associated with death because of the sands in the dessert while black is the "good" color.



y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,657
Location: Canada

09 Jun 2024, 3:00 am

The only color I can't stand is steel grey. Nothing to do with autism. It's classical conditioning. When I was little my mom took me on this grey bus every weekend, and I had motion sickness. So an association of feeling queasy and that color was formed. I like all other colors and experiment with my wardrobe. :)


_________________
AQ score: 44
Aspie mom to two autistic sons (21 & 20 )


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 113,754
Location: Stalag 13

09 Jun 2024, 5:31 am

I never did like the colour, pink on me personally. It looks ridiculous on me because I have a lot of pink in my skin. I like pink cars.


_________________
Who wants to adopt a Sweet Pea?


Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 20 Dec 2021
Gender: Female
Posts: 389
Location: Med West

09 Jun 2024, 6:42 pm

OP, what kind of "trouble" would you get in if you wore anything with pink? Presumably, you're an adult, being that you're posting here. So that doesn't make sense.

A slogan that's part of breast cancer awareness in the States is "Real men wear pink," and during the month of October, which is breast cancer month, men can be seen wearing pink.

That pink is associated with little girlie things is a social construct. There are no studies that have ever shown that female infants are drawn to pink, and male infants are drawn to blue or other dark colors.



Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,845
Location: England

09 Jun 2024, 7:41 pm

Elgee wrote:
That pink is associated with little girlie things is a social construct. There are no studies that have ever shown that female infants are drawn to pink, and male infants are drawn to blue or other dark colors.


It's also a construct that used to be the other way around.

People tend to use light blue or light pink as a shorthand visual to categorise young children. It simplifies things from a marketing perspective.

Certain kids' shows subvert this. Blue from Blue's clues was a girl dog despite being blue. Likewise with Bluey from Bluey.

I don't think pink is inherently childish but I can understand where such a line of thought might come from. By that logic, blue would also be a childish colour.

Nor do I think pink is inherently antithetical to Goth and alt culture. I've seen muted pink used in skull designs before and / or in wilting flowers. Especially in pastel goth. However, there are a lot of different types of gothic subculture and the OP might be more into traditional goth styles. Or perhaps not. I'm less familiar with scene fashion.

I disagree that there aren't any pink adult clothes. Personally I have a black skirt with blue and pink roses. It's one of my favourites.

However, it's completely valid for pink to not be your thing, OP. Are you able to experiment with more dark clothes and makeup? If not, why? If you're a student then you may be entitled to discounts. Or is it more a matter of not knowing where to start?


_________________
Support human artists! Do not let the craft die.

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.


Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2017
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,336

09 Jun 2024, 7:48 pm

Like what you like, don't like what you don't. What's the problem?


_________________
"Donkeys live a long time. None of you has ever seen a dead donkey."


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,189
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

09 Jun 2024, 10:38 pm

I guess I should hate Funko Pop characters because I've heard others say people who collect them are insufferable, immature millennials.

And I just got a Funko Pop of Metal Sonic and Amy Rose these past two weeks.



MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,923
Location: Mel's Hole

10 Jun 2024, 12:51 am

Pink is actually my favorite color. The brighter the better. I even dye my hair fluosent neon pink. I used to shave my hair down to the skin because I kept getting this itch on my head that would NOT go away. Shaving my hair let it my scalp get aired out and I haven't had a problem with the itch ever since. It's growing back in and I'm back to pink. I think I will stay pink until they quit making pink dye.

I actually used to pretend to hate pink because I was confused about my gender and trying to avoid anything feminine. But then I realized I am a woman. I just don't have to conform to everybody's idea of what a woman is. I knew lots of guys who were anti conformers who liked pink as a color and it actually used to be the other way around. Blue for baby girls and pink for baby boys. And no one's telling the male flamingos they should be another color. So pink it is!

Also, since when is pink just for younger girls? It's for everyone regardless of gender or age.


_________________
Spell meerkat with a C, and I will bite you.


ElmersTrueLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 8 Feb 2024
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Posts: 498
Location: Elmer Fudd's Cupid form

10 Jun 2024, 9:59 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I guess I should hate Funko Pop characters because I've heard others say people who collect them are insufferable, immature millennials.

And I just got a Funko Pop of Metal Sonic and Amy Rose these past two weeks.


I'm a millennial girly...


_________________
Someone: You attract what you fear.‬
‪Me: I'm terrified of Elmer Fudd.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+


ElmersTrueLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 8 Feb 2024
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Posts: 498
Location: Elmer Fudd's Cupid form

10 Jun 2024, 10:02 am

renaeden wrote:
I have a flag that has Asexual (Ace) colours - purple, white, grey and black. I think it's very cool.

The Trans flag has a lot of pink.


I'm a pan Demigirl though


_________________
Someone: You attract what you fear.‬
‪Me: I'm terrified of Elmer Fudd.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+


MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,923
Location: Mel's Hole

10 Jun 2024, 6:48 pm

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
I guess I should hate Funko Pop characters because I've heard others say people who collect them are insufferable, immature millennials.

And I just got a Funko Pop of Metal Sonic and Amy Rose these past two weeks.


I'm a millennial girly...


I'm apparently a millennial girl too.

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
renaeden wrote:
I have a flag that has Asexual (Ace) colours - purple, white, grey and black. I think it's very cool.

The Trans flag has a lot of pink.


I'm a pan Demigirl though


Not sure what pan means but you do you!


_________________
Spell meerkat with a C, and I will bite you.


old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 687
Location: Somewhere west of where you are

10 Jun 2024, 7:56 pm

There is nothing pink that I like. To me, it's like a red that never matured.
I also hate strawberries. Why everyone HAS to have strawberry flavored things is beyond my understanding - especially when you can go through a whole supermarket and not find anything cherry flavored, except maybe actual cherries when they are in season.

I like darker colors - red, blue, green. And don't get me started on the politics of that fake color "indigo" - including that is as political as the McCarthyists throwing "under God" in the Pledge.


_________________
It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.


Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2009
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 425

10 Jun 2024, 8:34 pm

At 21? No, you're gen Z. You were born after 2000, so there's no grey area.

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
I'm a millennial girly...