Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 5:51 am

At the moment I am trying to renew my passport which is fine but I'm doing it with the post office. I went to the post office last Friday to get my passport sorted out and I made a mistake fine I accidently left my old passport at home today (Tuesday) I went to the post office very early and I was given different information so I have to go down the post office again which I have to do tomorrow don't find it irritating when people do that I do!! !! :roll: :? :skull:

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 10:24 am

I know

Sometimes you don't know who's right and who's wrong.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 12:56 pm

When it happens, be up front about it. If Person B tells you something different that someone you spoke to before them, tell that person directly: "I spoke to person A earlier, and they said [whatever it was]; how would that fit with what you told me?" More often that not, Person B will either double-check to make sure they were correct, or admit that they don't know. In most retail situations, this should work well. In government-affiliated offices, this may not work as well, since the bureaucrats working there don't have to worry about customer service.