Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2007, 10:26 pm

Never in my life have I been much of an "enemy" kind of person. If there's somebody I don't like I avoid him. Very nonconfrontational.

But there's this guy who works at Honey Dew donuts who manages to piss me off almost every time I see him. I go there sometimes on break to get a croissant sandwich thing. He's this fat immigrant guy. He's pretty amiable and good-natured with everybody but me. I don't know why. I say hello and thank you (not anymore). He's just unresponsive, which I have no problems with as long as he gets my food.

But lately, when I go there he has begun to do things to intentionally irk me. He knows I work at the liquor store down the street and that I'm on break and I want to get my food and go. But he moves so damn slow when serving me. Not only that, but he does things that he can do on his own idle time to purposefully waste my time.

The other day I was paying for my food by credit. They have one of those cheap debit machines that is slow and not simple to operate. So I got my food and he said "$2.75." I slid my card and waited for instructions. Nothing. So I waited for him to do something. And he's like "What." I said "It's not doing anything."

He slowly moved over, grabbed the machine and made it work. Irritated, he said "You have to enter the amount first."

I, now also irritated, said, "Okay, well you have to tell me that. This thing doesn't work like most debit machines. They don't ask you to enter the amount. There are no instructions on this thing. I don't know why you'd assume I would guess to do something like that."

Man... time after time this guy gives me subtle hints that he thinks of me as some kind of enemy. I know it's normally my style to just avoid people who piss me off, but I somehow manage to convince myself he's just a minor inconvenience. Also I don't know whether or not he's there. So I always end up going.

Instead of being my normal passive self, I think I'm going to officially make this bastard my enemy. You know, I'm just going to give whatever he gives me right back to him. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I think I'm going to have fun and just mess with him. I'm going to see what I can do to piss this miserable SOB off. I hope it someday culminates into a nervous breakdown or some screaming fit. Maybe I could bang his wife or mom. I dunno...

Do you guys have any enemies? Any funny stories or encounters with them?

username88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 10:29 pm

Oh let me count the ways...
If you give me a hard time, or will give me a hard time, your my enemy. Thats a lot of people.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 11:44 pm

Dozen's of them,if not over 100...

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 11:53 pm

My biggest pet peeve is people who disrespect the local leash laws. I'm (what seems like) singlehandedly cleaning up my local parks of people who let their dogs loose, so naturally I'm creating a lot of enemies. The people who have decent dogs are also the people that have respect for the law, they love me. It's the obnoxious people with obnoxious dogs that hate me. Goodness forbid someone should stand up for something that keeps everyone safe, including my own valuable service dog (+ two retired SD's - one who was forced to retire due to a bad two on one dog attack) Those sort of enemies I don't mind having.

I have people who rub me the wrong way like the man at your donut shop, frankwah. You can't get along with everyone though, can you? I find it amusing to stay quite & blank in front of people who seem he// bent on ticking you off. What they assume or imagine you are thinking is usually far worse then what you are. They end up torturing themselves. If they wish to, let them.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 12:34 am

I have no enemies, but no friends either. :( I'd rather have friends and enemies. :)

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 12:36 am

Last edited by SleepyDragon on 29 Aug 2007, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 1:03 am

Starbuck's Coffee is my sworn enemy and some day I will have my revenge. :twisted:

I also despise the Tobacco Industry. :twisted:

Coffee and Tobacco should be banned substances. :twisted:

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 1:29 am

Not anymore. :twisted:

Bodorus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Aug 2007, 3:35 am

i have 1 enemy, i don't want to see him, but its impossible because i live at home (and he's my brother). don't know what's driving him to piss me off every time, i don't like him, and i don't want to speak to him, so i'm ignoring him for 4 years, still he has the urge to try pissing me off (he's one of these NT's that think they know and can everything, and that everyone exept himself are idiots although he doesn't see he's just another dumb f***, but yeah, my parents like him more then me so he feels supported by them), i think its a sad way to have fun.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Aug 2007, 10:13 am

I think I have enemies:

the ppl who I think are my sworn enimies are my 3 childhood friends. We have not talked hardly in 6 years. I got into a fistfight with my best friend from those days at a party thrown by all of them. It was a very complex relationship, from age 8-19. Im sure we all have had very eneque experiences in this feild (neghboorhood friends/aquatances)

Last edited by woodsman25 on 30 Aug 2007, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 11:11 am

Why cant they just make the tobacco pure without all that extra BS in it :roll:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 1:55 pm

I feel offended and angered by quite a few people here on WP, so I feel that they are my enemies. I also feel angered by certain family members of mine, whom I tentatively label as my enemies.

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2007, 2:54 pm

I have an enemy: my ex-girlfriend. She kept calling herself "an expensive woman", which I found out to be literally true because in the end I found myself paying all her bills - even the rent from her apartment. She fleeced me out of thousands of euro's which I had to loan, and when I cut off the funds she became so physically abusive that afterwards I decided to press charges against her (which were unfortunately dismissed because of lack of evidence). Preying on naive, easily influenced men is what this woman does for a living and I hate her for it. She made me lose faith in (most of) humanity and that is why she is my enemy.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:56 pm

I have plenty of enemies.
There are too many to name here.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 4:06 pm

Not yet.

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2007, 4:58 pm

Nafydalgol wrote:
I have an enemy: my ex-girlfriend. She kept calling herself "an expensive woman", which I found out to be literally true because in the end I found myself paying all her bills - even the rent from her apartment. She fleeced me out of thousands of euro's which I had to loan, and when I cut off the funds she became so physically abusive that afterwards I decided to press charges against her (which were unfortunately dismissed because of lack of evidence). Preying on naive, easily influenced men is what this woman does for a living and I hate her for it. She made me lose faith in (most of) humanity and that is why she is my enemy.

Wow dude... that sounds terrible. They probably still wouldn't believe you even if you had evidence. At least she's out of your life now... right? (I hope)