Should conservative Christians be persecuted?

Page 1 of 14 [ 210 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 2:26 pm

First were Jewish Christians being persecuted by the Sanhedrin, the all Christians were under attack by the Roman for 300 years, then the catholic church persecuted Reformers, now we have people being locked in jail for various meaningless charges which just boils down to the fact that the world doesn't want true Christians.

How soon until Christians are going to be publicly tortured and murdered by western governments again? Are you for or against this?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 2:55 pm

Whoa, to start with, it is Christians who are in power. They run the republican government. And theyr using it to force Christian ideas onto the rest of society through politics and legislation, which is a violation of the constitution's first ammendment rights. Then theyr denying any research or information that they see as compromising their interpretation of the bible.
It is not Christians who are being persecuted, it's people of any other faith (or lack of), who are being discriminated. As for not being able to pray in school where some of the arabs might be able too, that's an argument with the pc liberal idiots who I don't support either. Work on getting your facts straight. Perhaps meeting in the middle and compromising would be a better route?

Dreamer2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2007, 3:13 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
First were Jewish Christians being persecuted by the Sanhedrin, the all Christians were under attack by the Roman for 300 years, then the catholic church persecuted Reformers, now we have people being locked in jail for various meaningless charges which just boils down to the fact that the world doesn't want true Christians.

How soon until Christians are going to be publicly tortured and murdered by western governments again? Are you for or against this?

I am definetly against murdering and torturing Christians such as myself...

Being persecuted is not the same thing as being a true Christian.There are many non-Christian religions that are actively persecuted and discriminated. A true Christian is not necessarily persecuted, especially not in a Christian environment...

Let's try to be realistic, shall we?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:15 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
now we have people being locked in jail for various meaningless charges which just boils down to the fact that the world doesn't want true Christians.

Are christians locked in jail? May I ask why?
You are not a Jehova's witness, aren't you, or your church doesn't support polygamy or marrying minors or something like that, right?
if none of those things, then why do you think christians are being "persecuted" or thrown in jail?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:17 pm

snake321 wrote:
Whoa, to start with, it is Christians who are in power.

Right... :roll: That's why abortion is legal, 50,000,000 dead babies and counting -- all perfectly legal, in this "Christian" country.
Gimme a break...come up with a better lie than that Christians have Heaven on Earth.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:21 pm

Dreamer2 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

I am definetly against murdering and torturing Christians such as myself...

Being persecuted is not the same thing as being a true Christian.There are many non-Christian religions that are actively persecuted and discriminated. A true Christian is not necessarily persecuted, especially not in a Christian environment...

Let's try to be realistic, shall we?

All true Christians will be persecuted, unless they live out in the desert somewhere. This was promised by Jesus.

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake" (Matt 5:11).

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also" (John 15:20).

Last edited by Ragtime on 29 Aug 2007, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:22 pm

Ragtime wrote:
snake321 wrote:

Right... :roll: That's why abortion is legal, 50,000,000 dead babies and counting -- all perfectly legal, in this "Christian" country.
Gimme a break...come up with a better lie than that Christians have Heaven on Earth.

well, gay marriage is not entirely legal everywhere, may I ask why is that?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:29 pm

Ragtime wrote:
All true Christians will be persecuted, unless they live out in the desert somewhere. This was promised by Jesus.

You know, seventh day adventists are also persecuted, because they are faced with anti-sabbath everytime, some have problems with jobs I suppose, if they have to work on saturday.

Jehova's witnesses are also persecuted, parents are thrown in jail I suppose, because they refuse to give their children blood transfusions to save their lives.

Yes, now I see that they are being "persecuted".

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:29 pm

greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
snake321 wrote:

well, gay marriage is not entirely legal everywhere, may I ask why is that?

Christians comprise a segment of moral and ethical people, most of whom are from other religions. But even the whole of moral people is not in power, let alone a single group within that group. Gay marriage is not illegal just because of Christians -- it's also illegal because of many secular anti-gay people, and Muslims, Jews, and people from other religions. Moral and ethical do not translate directly to "Christian" -- yet Christians get blamed for all moral/ethical attempts which parts of society don't like.

There's no such thing as a country of Christians. If you took all the sincere Christians in America, you'd have an extremely small percentage of the total U.S. population. No way could they alone control the country. As I said, to get anything moral passed into law, or kept in the law, they need the support or ALL moral people -- Christians plus non-Christians. So you need to blame ALL moral people.

Last edited by Ragtime on 29 Aug 2007, 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AtomicAlchemist
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Aug 2007, 3:35 pm

In Canada pastors are locked in jail for "hate speech" which can mean just reading from some parts of the Bible publicly.

EatingPoetry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2007, 3:49 pm

I support lobotomies for Christians.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:49 pm

AtomicAlchemist wrote:
In Canada pastors are locked in jail for "hate speech" which can mean just reading from some parts of the Bible publicly.

Article from 2004:
Quote:
Canada's governor general, the representative of Queen Elizabeth II, signed into law yesterday a controversial measure opposed by religious believers and free-speech advocates who say it will criminalize public expression against homosexual behavior.

The bill, passed 59-11 by the Senate on Wednesday, adds sexual orientation as a protected category in Canada's genocide and hate-crimes legislation, which carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.

The House of Commons passed the bill in September, 141-110.

As WorldNetDaily reported, opponents have feared if it becomes law, the Bible will be deemed "hate literature" under the criminal code in certain instances, as evidenced by the case of a Saskatchewan man fined by a provincial human-rights tribunal for taking out a newspaper ad with Scripture references to verses about homosexuality.

The bill's sponsor, openly homosexual MP Svend Robinson, has insisted it protects religious expression, but opponents, such as the Canada Family Action Coalition, note recent court cases in which judges have favored homosexual rights when they clash with the rights of religious believers.

Some members of Parliament have called it a "dangerous" law that muzzles free speech, including Liberal Party member John McKay, who dubbed it a "chill bill."

"Anybody who has views on homosexuality that differ from Svend Robinson's will be exposed rather dramatically to the joys of the Criminal Code," McKay said last fall.

Robinson, who recently in a tearful apology to supporters admitted stealing a $50,000 ring, has said fears that freedom of speech and religion will suffer are "a mask for homophobia for people who don't want to be honest about the real reason why they don't want to include sexual orientation in the law."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38268

So now, the very book for which the printing press was invented -- the longest best-selling book in history -- is deemed "hateful". A book which teaches that a simple prayer will get you into Heaven, and which advocates moral righteousness, and boundless forgiveness and love toward our fellow man.

Something is wrong with the world.

Dreamer2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2007, 3:54 pm

Ragtime wrote:

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake" (Matt 5:11).

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also" (John 15:20).

The passages you quote only state that someChristians will be persecuted, discriminated and killed.Not a word about all true Christians.

Last edited by Dreamer2 on 29 Aug 2007, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtomicAlchemist
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Aug 2007, 3:56 pm

I believe what is wrong with the world is Genesis chapter 3

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 4:03 pm

Dreamer2 wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

The passages you quote only state that someChristians will be persecuted, discriminated and killed.Not a word about all true Christians.

He's speaking about those who follow Him, and He's not delinating between anyone. As I said, Christians living in the desert alone, or other such places that are totally abandoned, won't be persecuted. But Christianity itself spiritually invites persecution because of what it is -- opposition to the world's system.

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him" (1 John 2:15).

AtomicAlchemist
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Aug 2007, 4:17 pm

James 4:4b "Don't you know that if you love the world, you are God's enemies? And if you decide to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God."

There is a difference between TRUE Christians and NOMINAL Christians.

Mark 8:35-36 CEV If you want to save your life, you will destroy it. But if you give up your life for me and for the good news, you will save it. (36) What will you gain, if you own the whole world but destroy yourself?