Should conservative Christians be persecuted?

Page 13 of 14 [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 9:23 pm

Anybody who is intolerant to the beliefs of others and shoves their religion down other people's throats should be persecuted. So by definition, yes! They give the rest of religious people a bad name.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 9:38 pm

skafather84 wrote:
talking about christians being tortured is an insult to those of us who actually do face prejudice for just following the facts (atheists).

it's a bigger insult due to the fact that christians run a good majority of the world and complaining about being persecuted while being in control......it's just insulting and lacks any kind of thought on the part of the initial poster.

I'm going to tell you something that (apparently) will shock you.
Christians are not in control of most of the world.

Name one continent where Christians have a firm majority of the power. I'd love to know. My count totals: zero. Everyone else, feel free to throw in your guesses, too.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 9:46 pm

calandale wrote:
Yes please.

So we should stop posting?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 9:46 pm

Ragtime wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
talking about christians being tortured is an insult to those of us who actually do face prejudice for just following the facts (atheists).

it's a bigger insult due to the fact that christians run a good majority of the world and complaining about being persecuted while being in control......it's just insulting and lacks any kind of thought on the part of the initial poster.

Name one continent where Christians have a firm majority of the power. I'd love to know. My count totals: zero. Everyone else, feel free to throw in your guesses, too.

north america and south america have a firm majority of christians...in fact one of the next bishops in line for pope was a very popular south american bishop but he was ruled too conservative.

edit: sorry, my bad...i named two continents. you only asked for one.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 9:52 pm

Trigger11 wrote:
Anybody who is intolerant to the beliefs of others and shoves their religion down other people's throats should be persecuted. So by definition, yes! They give the rest of religious people a bad name.

You arrived late, so let me update you about the fact that "shove religion down [their/our/your] throats"(TM) is now a trademarked cliche for atheists' and agnostics' exclusive use. Even if you are an atheist or agnostic, please place the appropriate "(TM)" marker after each use of the phrase. Thank you.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 9:56 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Trigger11 wrote:

You arrived late, so let me update you about the fact that "shove religion down [their/our/your] throats"(TM) is now a trademarked cliche for atheists' and agnostics' exclusive use. Even if you are an atheist or agnostic, please place the appropriate "(TM)" marker after each use of the phrase. Thank you.

yeah! christians call it evangelicals.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 10:01 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

north america and south america have a firm majority of christians...in fact one of the next bishops in line for pope was a very popular south american bishop but he was ruled too conservative.

edit: sorry, my bad...i named two continents. you only asked for one.

I don't include Catholics. They have to be people who believe in Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Saviour, and who pray to no one but God, and who do not trust in works for salvation -- only in faith and repentence. They also have to believe that the Bible is the doctrinal authority on every matter -- it cannot be superceded in that authority by anything or anyone. Now, which continent has a majority of those people, who truly rule over everyone else in that continent? Do you lock your doors at night so that the big, bad Christians won't get you? :lol:

Last edited by Ragtime on 31 Aug 2007, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 10:03 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Trigger11 wrote:

I suppose that came from God himself?
oh, and I think you forgot to include 'girls who hate men'. Thank you. ;)

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 10:06 pm

Ragtime wrote:
calandale wrote:
Yes please.

Yes please.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 10:31 pm

Ragtime: step back from from your pulpit and flagellate as punishment for your sins. I can name one - Australia. We have a Christian as PM (John Howard) who has very firm beliefs on how this country should be run, and most of his cabinet are of the same beliefs. They are not Catholics, as far as I know, and their views on anything from gay marriage to abortion are firmly rooted in Christian dogma. Kevin Rudd, the opposition leader holds pretty much the same Christian beliefs, so things may not change after the election. So your argument there is totally flawed, as is the rest of what you said. But considering you have put yourself on equal footing with god, you can't be wrong, can you. But as we know, pride and hubris are weaknesses, and you seem to carry them as millstones around your neck.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 7:15 pm

Ragtime wrote:
calandale wrote:
Yes please.

That would be boring.
I want to persecute EVERYONE!

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 8:29 pm

Ragtime: I'm still waiting for a response; or have I finally got you by the cojones on this one. Oh well, either that, or he's broken his whip......

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 8:32 pm

I don't know where he is, gay bar would be my guess judging by his current avatar :P

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 8:34 pm

Ragtime wrote:

I don't include Catholics. They have to be people who believe in Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Saviour, and who pray to no one but God, and who do not trust in works for salvation -- only in faith and repentence. They also have to believe that the Bible is the doctrinal authority on every matter -- it cannot be superceded in that authority by anything or anyone. Now, which continent has a majority of those people, who truly rule over everyone else in that continent? Do you lock your doors at night so that the big, bad Christians won't get you? :lol:

Ah, but you condemned the Pope for saying something
similar about your little faith, didn't you? One would think
that by your arguments of numbers, Catholics would be
the most likely to have it right, no?

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 8:38 pm

Persecution is for sexy people.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 8:42 pm

calandale wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Ah, but you condemned the Pope for saying something
similar about your little faith, didn't you? One would think
that by your arguments of numbers, Catholics would be
the most likely to have it right, no?

Exactly, he didn't like the "Only catholics are christians" thing, and he is doing the same thing.