Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2007, 5:51 pm

MysteryFan3 wrote:
Ok, I emailed the local TV news departments. Now, let's see what happens. I guess I went Aspie on it, didn't I?

See what you started? :D

Give us the email addresses and we can all email them too

The more the marrier not???

Star

kreb1958
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Sep 2007, 6:11 pm

I live in the UK and unable to make my NVDA (non violent direct action) presence in USA.

I support the campaigns to close the Judge Rotenberg Educational Center, and I will see what I can do within legal limits to assist this campaign from here in England.

One thing to do is to find out which autism and other organizations are campaigning towards JREC closure.

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2007, 6:37 am

kreb1958 wrote:
I live in the UK and unable to make my NVDA (non violent direct action) presence in USA.

I support the campaigns to close the Judge Rotenberg Educational Center, and I will see what I can do within legal limits to assist this campaign from here in England.

One thing to do is to find out which autism and other organizations are campaigning towards JREC closure.

Only when experts like Tony Attwood and Carol Gray actively stand up and oppose this insane 'expert' Dr. Israel, will soething change. We can protest and oppose as much as we want, but we are not as strong cause we are the 'disabled' the non 'normal' they are world known experts and they profit from Autism, they amke big bucks from this. They saythey care about autistic children. LET THEM SHOW THEY CARE, by actively speaking out AGAINST this Center of Horrors.

SEND EMAILS TELLING THEM THAT!

Star

Sophist
Professor of Pedantry
Professor of Pedantry

03 Sep 2007, 4:43 pm

Star wrote:
Sophist wrote:
Star, I agree with your outrage. But I wonder what good Tony Atwood or Carol Gray will be able to do in closing Rotenberg. I'm not saying we shouldn't do something (I, myself, have suggested the idea to the Oprah Show since she's a great children's advocate).

But is AANE or Tony Atwood and Carol Gray really in a position to do something? I am wondering if you know something we don't, that is.

Perhaps there might be a better organization(s) or person (people) who are in a greater position of power to affect change?

Tony Attwood and Carol Gray make a lot of profit from Autism and Aspergers and they will be in Boston on September 28 and 29. I want them to know about it and participate in the action

Star

Ah, okay. Couldn't quite see the connection. Got it now.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2007, 2:40 pm

Sophist wrote:
Star wrote:
Sophist wrote:
Star, I agree with your outrage. But I wonder what good Tony Atwood or Carol Gray will be able to do in closing Rotenberg. I'm not saying we shouldn't do something (I, myself, have suggested the idea to the Oprah Show since she's a great children's advocate).
But is AANE or Tony Atwood and Carol Gray really in a position to do something? I am wondering if you know something we don't, that is.
Perhaps there might be a better organization(s) or person (people) who are in a greater position of power to affect change?

Tony Attwood and Carol Gray make a lot of profit from Autism and Aspergers and they will be in Boston on September 28 and 29. I want them to know about it and participate in the action

Ah, okay. Couldn't quite see the connection. Got it now.

Yes, that is why I asked people to email the AANE (the organizer of the event) and Attwood and Gray (key speakers and experts on Autism).

So, please if you have NOT taken action yet, then please do.

SHOW THAT YOU CARE!! !

Star

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2007, 7:26 pm

SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! ! SEND EMAILS!! !

Star

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

07 Sep 2007, 4:49 am

I told our psychologist Ivy Gomez about this 'Educational Centre'. She works at Minds and Hearts (one of Tony Attwood's clinics).

She had never heard of it! When I told her she was horrified!

I e-mailed her the link to WP and asked her if she could talk to her psychology colleagues and join the campaign.

Helen

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 5:11 am

Yes! Of course!

Let's rescue all of the perfect, wonderful Aspies and Auties, and leave the nasty, filthy "Neurotypicals" to rot in hell!

You make my physically sick.

I am ashamed to call myself one of you, you selfish bigots.

I know...none of you meant that, and I'm missing the point of this thread, but I am genuinely sick of the attitudes in this forum.

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2007, 9:04 pm

Aridarr wrote:
Yes! Of course!

Let's rescue all of the perfect, wonderful Aspies and Auties, and leave the nasty, filthy "Neurotypicals" to rot in hell!

I am ashamed to call myself one of you, you selfish bigots.[/b]

I know...none of you meant that, and I'm missing the point of this thread, but I am genuinely sick of the attitudes in this forum.

I am sorry, but I don't get what you are talking about here. If you don't get what this campaign is about, then please read a bit more before coming here and writting stuff like this...

Thanks!
Star

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 10:16 pm

Aridarr wrote:
Yes! Of course!

I am ashamed to call myself one of you, you selfish bigots.

Whoa. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're saying we should not restrict our protests to places that mistreat people on the autism spectrum. Instead, we should also protest places that abuse NT people as well. Correct?

NT patients that are being abused already have the ACLU and other groups fighting on their behalf. These autistic patients are being abused because of their autism. They need our voices because everyone else thinks they NEED these abusive "treatments". This has to be a focused, specific protest or the people in charge of this jail will redirect attention away from the autistics toward someone else who is already being helped and say "As you can see, we're already addressing the problem" and the media will buy it.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 10:27 pm

Ignore my last post.

I can think of arguments I could start here, but I think if I did, it would be very hard for me to defend myself against recent accusations that I am a troll.

And I'm not trying to upset anyone. I had my reasons for posting that message, but they are not relevant to this thread.

Good luck with your activism.

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2007, 12:43 pm

Aridarr wrote:
Ignore my last post.

I can think of arguments I could start here, but I think if I did, it would be very hard for me to defend myself against recent accusations that I am a troll.

And I'm not trying to upset anyone. I had my reasons for posting that message, but they are not relevant to this thread.

Good luck with your activism.

Why don't you join in? Why don't you use your voice, in big red letetrs like you did here, and write a couple of emails to show that you are a human being and that you DO understand what dignity and humaine treatment is...

Why not join us instead of fighting us???

Star

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2007, 3:23 pm

Please...

DON'T LET THIS TOPIC DIE...

DON'T LET THESE KIDS SUFFER!! !

Send emails, before it is too late...

Star

Ziyaret
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2007, 5:20 pm

Its my sincere hope that a disgruntled former student of the Rotenberg Academy, if that shithole is still operating by the time they're grown up......will have the good grace to burn it down.