Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 4:44 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
That is only proof to those who already believe she exists, whether or not she's considered worthy of praise by some other existentially questionable "people".

Indeed. Skeptics would refuse to accept the existence of all WP members whom they have not met in person. In this age of enlightenment and free thought, I see no reason to blindly accept Sopho's existence, given the exceptionally low evidence for it with which I have been presented.

I wouldn't be to sure of the one's we meet either, "it could all be part of a shared illusion" of course then, who's it being shared with? I personally don't believe the ground exists. 8O

True. Some skeptics -- perhaps all true ones -- wouldn't accept meeting someone in person as proof of their existence. Indeed, many branches of philosophy do not allow for any true knowledge whatsoever.

My general policy has been never to argue with people who do not exist, for sanity reasons. Therefore, those with whom I debate online should consider my posts to them a tremendous leap of faith on my part.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 4:53 pm

Ragtime wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
That is only proof to those who already believe she exists, whether or not she's considered worthy of praise by some other existentially questionable "people".

Indeed. Skeptics would refuse to accept the existence of all WP members whom they have not met in person. In this age of enlightenment and free thought, I see no reason to blindly accept Sopho's existence, given the exceptionally low evidence for it with which I have been presented.

I wouldn't be to sure of the one's we meet either, "it could all be part of a shared illusion" of course then, who's it being shared with? I personally don't believe the ground exists. 8O

True. Some skeptics -- perhaps all true ones -- wouldn't accept meeting someone in person as proof of their existence. Indeed, many branches of philosophy do not allow for any true knowledge whatsoever.

My general policy has been never to argue with people who do not exist, for sanity reasons. Therefore, those with whom I debate online should consider my posts to them a tremendous leap of faith on my part.

Most definately. I do question my sanity when the existentially challenged try to mock me though.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 5:17 pm

Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:
oh no. my girlfriend got banned. :(

Maybe because she was you?

How can you know that Sopho's girlfriend doesn't exist?

I'm agnostic about her existence. 8)

You certainly embrace doubt over the truth.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 5:24 pm

greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:

What is truth? How can you know anything true for sure? Doubt is plentiful when lack of proof exists, which is the only thing that can be true since we don't even know that we exist. 8O I'm not even sure doubt can exist since truth is relative. :wink: 8O 8)

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 5:29 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:

What is truth? How can you know anything true for sure? Doubt is plentiful when lack of proof exists, which is the only thing that can be true since we don't even know that we exist. 8O I'm not even sure doubt can exist since truth is relative. :wink: 8O 8)

Indeed.
And you are right, although I have the doubt about you being right and I'm being right or I'm being wrong or you being wrong, or just you being one and I being one, or you being me and I being you, maybe I am talking to Sopho? All of this could be an illusion after all, not sure a shared one. And perhaps we don't even exist. Or perhaps we are having an illusion of having an illusion.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 5:42 pm

Do you see how confusing and nonsensical philosophical babble is now? 8O

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 5:45 pm

Ragtime wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

I think this could be a case of skepticism vs doubt, which it seems that one denies everything, while the other, just puts everything in question. I suppose it is like that.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 6:18 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Do you see how confusing and nonsensical philosophical babble is now? 8O

Yes, it seems like it.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 10:50 pm

I do not know that.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 12:36 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:

And isn't that we've been telling you all along. Finally he wakes up.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 4:01 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
So is this thread. :D

As are all things.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 12:17 pm

If the evidence for god were as good as the evidence for Sopho, I might have stayed with the religion of my family.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 12:46 pm

HEATHENS!! !, The Great Cat God MOST DEFINATELY EXISTS!! !! ADOPT THREE CATS FROM THE ANIMAL SHELTER TO MAKE UP FOR YOUR SINS!! !!

spdjeanne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2007, 1:26 pm

The_Chosen_One wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:

And isn't that we've been telling you all along. Finally he wakes up.

I'm pretty sure that iamnotaparakeet is being extremely sarcastic.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 12:50 pm

spdjeanne wrote:
I'm pretty sure that iamnotaparakeet is being extremely sarcastic.

It been a while since I wrote all that, but yes, it would have been satirical humor intended.

marchingmaniac
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2010, 5:38 pm

well. Personally i do believe in God because he or she believed in me first. God made adam and eve as representations of his own being. So man and woman can be a bit of God all on there own. God comforted me when friends were dying. Heck even when i was dying God saved me when i thought no one cared. On several accounts i nearly lost my life. But God and the angels saved me from near destruction because they knew i had potential and they wanted to see me work in my own life. So. The belief in a God or a being similiar to that of God is based off of your own opinion. If you want God in your life he will come and greet you with open arms. And if you dont believe in God he still believes in you and loves you just the same because we are all his children. That my friends. Is what i think. Or what i know to be true in my heart.