Page 3 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,896
Location: Home

05 Sep 2007, 5:17 pm

Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:
oh no. my girlfriend got banned. :(


Maybe because she was you?

How can you know that Sopho's girlfriend doesn't exist?


I'm agnostic about her existence. 8)

You certainly embrace doubt over the truth.


_________________
?Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it.?


iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,091
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

05 Sep 2007, 5:24 pm

greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:
oh no. my girlfriend got banned. :(


Maybe because she was you?

How can you know that Sopho's girlfriend doesn't exist?


I'm agnostic about her existence. 8)

You certainly embrace doubt over the truth.


What is truth? How can you know anything true for sure? Doubt is plentiful when lack of proof exists, which is the only thing that can be true since we don't even know that we exist. 8O I'm not even sure doubt can exist since truth is relative. :wink: 8O 8)



greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,896
Location: Home

05 Sep 2007, 5:29 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:
oh no. my girlfriend got banned. :(


Maybe because she was you?

How can you know that Sopho's girlfriend doesn't exist?


I'm agnostic about her existence. 8)

You certainly embrace doubt over the truth.


What is truth? How can you know anything true for sure? Doubt is plentiful when lack of proof exists, which is the only thing that can be true since we don't even know that we exist. 8O I'm not even sure doubt can exist since truth is relative. :wink: 8O 8)

Indeed.
And you are right, although I have the doubt about you being right and I'm being right or I'm being wrong or you being wrong, or just you being one and I being one, or you being me and I being you, maybe I am talking to Sopho? All of this could be an illusion after all, not sure a shared one. And perhaps we don't even exist. Or perhaps we are having an illusion of having an illusion.


_________________
?Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it.?


iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,091
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

05 Sep 2007, 5:42 pm

Do you see how confusing and nonsensical philosophical babble is now? 8O



greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,896
Location: Home

05 Sep 2007, 5:45 pm

Ragtime wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
That is only proof to those who already believe she exists, whether or not she's considered worthy of praise by some other existentially questionable "people".


Indeed. Skeptics would refuse to accept the existence of all WP members whom they have not met in person. In this age of enlightenment and free thought, I see no reason to blindly accept Sopho's existence, given the exceptionally low evidence for it with which I have been presented.

I think this could be a case of skepticism vs doubt, which it seems that one denies everything, while the other, just puts everything in question. I suppose it is like that.


_________________
?Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it.?


greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,896
Location: Home

05 Sep 2007, 6:18 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Do you see how confusing and nonsensical philosophical babble is now? 8O

Yes, it seems like it.


_________________
?Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it.?


ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,506

05 Sep 2007, 10:50 pm

I do not know that.



The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,357
Location: Looking down on humanity

06 Sep 2007, 12:36 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:
oh no. my girlfriend got banned. :(


Maybe because she was you?

How can you know that Sopho's girlfriend doesn't exist?


I'm agnostic about her existence. 8)

You certainly embrace doubt over the truth.


What is truth? How can you know anything true for sure? Doubt is plentiful when lack of proof exists, which is the only thing that can be true since we don't even know that we exist. 8O I'm not even sure doubt can exist since truth is relative. :wink: 8O 8)


And isn't that we've been telling you all along. Finally he wakes up.


_________________
Pagans are people too, not just victims of a religious cleansing program. Universal harmony for all!!

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.


calandale
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,439

06 Sep 2007, 4:01 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
So is this thread. :D


As are all things.



LKL
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,402

06 Sep 2007, 12:17 pm

If the evidence for god were as good as the evidence for Sopho, I might have stayed with the religion of my family.



ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,506

06 Sep 2007, 12:46 pm

HEATHENS!! !, The Great Cat God MOST DEFINATELY EXISTS!! !! ADOPT THREE CATS FROM THE ANIMAL SHELTER TO MAKE UP FOR YOUR SINS!! !!



spdjeanne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 15 May 2007
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 390
Location: Earth

06 Sep 2007, 1:26 pm

The_Chosen_One wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:
oh no. my girlfriend got banned. :(


Maybe because she was you?

How can you know that Sopho's girlfriend doesn't exist?


I'm agnostic about her existence. 8)

You certainly embrace doubt over the truth.


What is truth? How can you know anything true for sure? Doubt is plentiful when lack of proof exists, which is the only thing that can be true since we don't even know that we exist. 8O I'm not even sure doubt can exist since truth is relative. :wink: 8O 8)


And isn't that we've been telling you all along. Finally he wakes up.


I'm pretty sure that iamnotaparakeet is being extremely sarcastic.



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,091
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

13 Jan 2010, 12:50 pm

spdjeanne wrote:
I'm pretty sure that iamnotaparakeet is being extremely sarcastic.


It been a while since I wrote all that, but yes, it would have been satirical humor intended.



marchingmaniac
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 77

13 Jan 2010, 5:38 pm

well. Personally i do believe in God because he or she believed in me first. God made adam and eve as representations of his own being. So man and woman can be a bit of God all on there own. God comforted me when friends were dying. Heck even when i was dying God saved me when i thought no one cared. On several accounts i nearly lost my life. But God and the angels saved me from near destruction because they knew i had potential and they wanted to see me work in my own life. So. The belief in a God or a being similiar to that of God is based off of your own opinion. If you want God in your life he will come and greet you with open arms. And if you dont believe in God he still believes in you and loves you just the same because we are all his children. That my friends. Is what i think. Or what i know to be true in my heart.



LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,087

13 Jan 2010, 6:08 pm

Whatever.


_________________
"I Would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.


Sand
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Age: 94
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,484
Location: Finland

13 Jan 2010, 7:31 pm

marchingmaniac wrote:
well. Personally i do believe in God because he or she believed in me first. God made adam and eve as representations of his own being. So man and woman can be a bit of God all on there own. God comforted me when friends were dying. Heck even when i was dying God saved me when i thought no one cared. On several accounts i nearly lost my life. But God and the angels saved me from near destruction because they knew i had potential and they wanted to see me work in my own life. So. The belief in a God or a being similiar to that of God is based off of your own opinion. If you want God in your life he will come and greet you with open arms. And if you dont believe in God he still believes in you and loves you just the same because we are all his children. That my friends. Is what i think. Or what i know to be true in my heart.


The concept of a God as an all powerful being is not within the power of observation to deny but to attain the age of 17 and still hold the myth of Adam and Eve as reality is rather sad.