Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hakemon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Sep 2007, 12:58 am

I almost died by the hands of the ocean.

I was on a wale watch with my parents (i was young then), and I walked to the side of the boat myself (it was a big boat, more like a ship), and the door that normally connects to a dock, latched open, and if I didn't catch my footing, I would have fallen overboard. I still replay that in my head today, it was a shock.

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2007, 1:14 am

gwenevyn wrote:
I didn't complain much as a child. Once when I was nine I had a very bad infection in my tonsils and I just kept on like normal, until I could no longer speak. I wrote to my mother "I need to go to the hospital right now." She didn't think so, and so my parents waited for a bit then took my to the regular physician. By that point, there was barely enough space in my throat for me to breathe and when the doctor saw this, I was rushed to the emergency room. The doctor said if we'd waited just a bit longer I would probably have died. Oops.

Everything turned out fine, of course!

Eeeek! Thank goodness!

Nully
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Sep 2007, 1:16 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
No.

Tim

I am seriously getting pissed off at your spam. If you have nothing to contribute to a thread, don't post in it. Also, signing your name at the end of each post is pointless. We all know who you are...

Anyways, I once was close to drowning, three times actually. I was swimming at a beach and my dad needed to save me from drowning, and my mom once needed to jump into our pool with her clothes on because I was drowning :p

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 1:56 am

When I was 4 I almost drowned to death. My mean 16 yr old cousin and her friend and my 9 yr old cousin held me under water at the public pool until I went unconscious. I remember the sound of the water filling up inside me and the weird way light looks through the water. They left me on the bottom of the pool once I went unconscious and left. Another teenage girl my cousin went to school with saw it happen and she swam to the bottom and got me. I remember being revived and coming to slung over her shoulder. All I remember is a blonde headed girl in a blue bikini and throwing up over her shoulder when she patted me hard on the back to make the water come out. My 9 yr old cousin thought the whole thing was exciting and told me what happened about the girl rescuing me.

Then 12 yrs ago I was struck by lightning and I think it made my heart stop for a couple seconds. Really bad pain in the chest and couldn't breathe and it was all weird. I have a damaged heart valve now.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 2:56 am

Once when I was 11 or 12 I wanted to see what would happen if I poked a knife into the toaster's heating element (I know - stupid! :roll: ). Thank God I survived! :D

03 Sep 2007, 3:08 am

Yes when I was born. I was a sick baby.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 7:02 am

When I was a child, I had a fever...

- Emerson

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 7:28 am

A few years ago I wasn't feeling well so I took some Alka-Seltzer tablets. I then went to bed. That night I complained of my right eye feeling wierd and having a hard time breathing.

My mother and grandparent ( we were staying at my grandparent's house at the time because we were getting a house built beside them) Anyway, my right eyelid apprently had swelled up greatly and my throat was closing up. They then took me to the emergency room. It took a while for my grandmother to get ready. Which was bad for me because my throat was closing up more and more. I started crying and stuff that I was going to die and things of that nature. Then we left for the hospital.

When we got there we had to wait in line for a while and then when we got in I took some medicine and the throat started to get less closed up.

It was that same night that I learned that I was allergic to asprin.

EDIT: It was my mother that suggested the Alka-Seltzer, I had taken Alka-Seltzer previously with no bad effects so we didn't know the above would happen.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 10:03 am

I got hit by a train

Jimbogf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2007, 1:12 pm

I almost drowned in a motel swimming pool when I was about 8 years old. I didn't know how to swim. I was purposely trying to scare my mom, "look mom I'm getting closer to the deep end!" edging myself as close to the dropoff as I can. Went too far my feet slipped and then I was under, didn't have any breath and was frantically flailing my limbs. Luckily a stranger jumped in and scooped me up. Coughed out a bunch of water, cried for 20 minutes then had a popsicle.

Steve45
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Sep 2007, 3:15 pm

I went into a coma from alcohol poisoning at college. I'd just left home and I'd got involved with a bad group of people who bought me lots of drinks, because I never behaved drunk. Fortunately, they did call an ambulance. Unfortunately, they forgot to include my shoes. The next day I discharged myself from hospital and had to walk 2 miles back to my college in my socks! My parents must have been very worried when they got a call from the hospital at 2 in the morning.

SirCannonFodder

03 Sep 2007, 6:17 pm

Apparently I almost died when I had an asthma attack when I was three. Don't remember anything about it, though.

Prudence
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2007, 5:21 pm

Yes, at birth and this past winter due to severe kidney stones.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 5:36 pm

Nully wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
No.

Tim

I am seriously getting pissed off at your spam. If you have nothing to contribute to a thread, don't post in it. Also, signing your name at the end of each post is pointless. We all know who you are...

Tim is no spammer. He has been here a darn site longer than you have, and in that time contributed a great deal, including greeting all the new members so maybe you should back off and live and let live.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 6:16 pm

likedcalico wrote:
Yes when I was born. I was a sick baby.

Me too. I've also had some severe asthma attacks which have meant I could hardly breathe - and there was one occasion years ago when I almost drowned in a swimming pool because I didn't have the good sense to find the edge of a swimming mat with my hands or keep my eyes open, and kept trying to get to the surface and bumping my head on the mat.

I was a bit of a muppet back then...

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 6:30 pm

I don't remember having any near death experiences, but probably the sickest I've been was when I had bacterial tonsillitis a few years ago. I had some hallucinations, which I've rarely experienced.