Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:06 pm

Me? Never... unless you count me and my friend walking a little in front of a streetcar in Amsterdam (and then the teacher pulled us back, but we would have probably seen it anyway when it got closer). Hmm, like I said before,, I got a piece of meat stuck in my throat once when I was 3 or 4 but my father Heimliched me and it shot out... LOL; does anyone have any more INTERESTING stories? :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:10 pm

No.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

username88
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:10 pm

Back in the day some as*hole gave me this pill saying it would make me trip and it almost killed me. Never found out what it really was though.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:11 pm

How did it almost kill you? Please tell!

There should be an "eager and excited" emoticon!

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:14 pm

Once I was in 8th grade I had a couple of seizures. During the second one I became unconcious and not breathing. I traveled down the long dark tunnel (its darker than black) into the light that was brighter than white. Actually I was more like flung down the tunnel - as I went through it, I was thinking I was traveling up my throat and the bright light was my open mouth. When I was flung out of my mouth I saw myself in the hospital, lying on a metal table with a sheet on it (like what the doctor pulls over his table). I saw three doctors standing around me, all torturing me with this huge drill type thing. Then I was in a state where I couldn't see, think, smell, hear, touch, etc but I was aware. It was so peaceful. I'm not sure how long I was in that state. It could have been anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours. Afterward there was nothing.

I believe that death is either that peaceful state, or the nothing that comes afterward. THis neardeath experience is why I don't believe in all those stories about people who saw god when they nearly died - the last thing on my mind before I went down the tunnel was that the doctors were hurting me, and thats what I saw. I think that when you enter the light you see whatever was the last thing on your mind. If your last thought is about seeing "god" than of course you'll see your version of god. if your last though is about dinosaurs stealing your car, you'll see dinosaurs stealing your car no matter how religious you are.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:25 pm

Now, if this site wasn't getting so many damn mysql errors, these multiple posts wouldn't happen, it is becoming a displeasure to come here these days. Incompetence to the extreme, I say.

Last edited by Graelwyn on 02 Sep 2007, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

ooops

Last edited by Graelwyn on 02 Sep 2007, 10:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, I had heart failure when I was 19 and walking around London. I had felt very ill and very sick at the time, but didn't realise til next day when I took an overdose and then the doctors found out.

I also was given 24 hours when I was 18 as my weight had dropped to just 70Ibs(at 5'10)

And then again, my kidneys failed 3 times when I was 22 from laxative abuse and my blood pressure dropped so low I had nurses and doctors rushing around me.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:32 pm

Ok heres how it went. I just came back from pushing in some carts and I saw this druggy guy I knew, and he randomly pulls the pill out of his pocket and says take this it will make you trip. So, I downed it with some soda and nothing happened for the first half hour, but when it did I just got really high for the rest of the time I was working. It was great, until I got home. It was late and I was eating dinner when my mom came in the room and started talking to me, and I just sort of glanced up at her totally glazed over. I was totally out of it. I think she got suspicious from it but thats all. Anyway, as I was going upstairs to go to bed when I started to feel kinda sick to my stomach. So I just layed down on my bed and thats when I noticed how hot I felt, and it was getting hard to breath for some reason. Eventually my nerves started to twitch/jump as well. Anyway, this fuzzy ringing sound in my head was another thing I remember really well. As the night went on it got worse and worse until it was completely overwhelming, and I was convinced I was going to die. My heart was pounding and skipping beats and acting all weird, and when I had my hand on it to feel it I swore it spent some time not beating at all. I wasnt scared about dying though, Ive been prepaired for death for quite some time before this happened. Doesnt mean that I want it, but I was prepaired. I didnt sleep at all that night. I went to school the next morning, and through out the day I got small versions of what happened the night before, but when night came it started to get bad again. It continued for about a few weeks, I have no idea why but during some time of the third week when I threw up this red thing with a bunch of red misty liquidy stuff came out, and I realised that it was the pill. How the f**k could it stay in me that long? I remember that when I saw my theropist he said there are pills that slowly release its contents, but he had no idea of what it could have been. I remember it was large, round, and reddish pinkish I think. Although when he gave it to me it was sorta dark out and I didnt observe it for too long before I took it so Im not too sure. Some of the other symptoms were that everything tasted bad that I ate and drank. Theres more things to say about the situation but thats all I remember. Moral of the story, dont take mystery pills.. I actually stopped taking pills all together after that happened, which Im glad I did.

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2007, 10:37 pm

Graelwnd, you post more than once a whole lot of times. More than once. You post the same message a lot. If you're desperate for attention just give me a PM for Christ's sake.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:38 pm

I dont think she did it on purpose.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:59 pm

I cleaned 'em up.

On sabbatical...

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 11:03 pm

I pulled out a knife out of the cabinet,that about as close as i remember...

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 11:16 pm

frankwah wrote:
Graelwnd, you post more than once a whole lot of times. More than once. You post the same message a lot. If you're desperate for attention just give me a PM for Christ's sake.

The site was down for a minute or so and when it went back up her 9 posts were there - I'm guessing she hit send right when it went down and thats the reason for the multiple posts, nothing intentional on her part

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 12:36 am

Username88, I'm glad you survived. I don't know, that kind of thing is a genuine medical mystery. Something seems to have made your stomach stop functioning.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

03 Sep 2007, 12:42 am

I didn't complain much as a child. Once when I was nine I had a very bad infection in my tonsils and I just kept on like normal, until I could no longer speak. I wrote to my mother "I need to go to the hospital right now." She didn't think so, and so my parents waited for a bit then took my to the regular physician. By that point, there was barely enough space in my throat for me to breathe and when the doctor saw this, I was rushed to the emergency room. The doctor said if we'd waited just a bit longer I would probably have died. Oops.

Everything turned out fine, of course!