How old were you when you finally moved out on your own?

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

08 Sep 2007, 11:24 am

i moved away a few years ago for a couple months, then returned for a year and moved out a few months after that with my mom. independence rules making choices does not, when my lease is up in 6 months i will be faced with where im going to live again..
urgh i just hate it, i just want a place to live already set up for me, i'll prolly just live out of my backpack and travel around abit and see the country when the time comes.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 12:07 pm

Well, if people are counting going to college as having moved out, then I guess I moved out at 18, since I went to school 3 hours from home and lived in the dorms. I just didn't think it counted because my parents were paying the college my room and board. I consider when I was both not living at home *and* financially independent to be the start of living on my own.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Sep 2007, 1:16 pm

I finally moved out when I was 20. Before I was paying my foster parents room and board from when I turned
18 and as soon as I was able to I went and found a place of my own. This was in the late 1970's.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 1:41 pm

I moved out when I was 19.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 1:48 pm

moved out at 18 to go to uni.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Sep 2007, 1:50 pm

I moved out when I was 18. The college I went to was over 150 miles away from my parent's house, so I didn't have much of a choice. I had a hard time adapting to living on my own.