Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 6:52 pm

How did you use your imagination when you were a child? Did you like to pretend to be an inanimate object? What about pretending to be something you've always wanted to be? Maybe you were like me and enjoyed spending the day with your favorite heroes from TV/movies/video games? Or maybe you still use your imagination even though you're older...? :wink:

Share stories/experiences here. And there's no need to answer all of the questions I put up, I was just trying to encourage you to talk.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 7:03 pm

I made every toy I had into families, even matchbox cars, dolls, stuffed animals, every one either had a mommy, daddy, brother/sister, it was weird. After I made them into families, I would act like I was one of them in that family. As I got older I would make families on notepad on the computer and act like I was in the family again, now I might do it in my head haha.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 7:08 pm

I would stand in my bedroom with my Barry Manilow playing (Yes, I loved 'Bermuda Triangle' at age 6/7) and dance in a circle with my arms held out at my sides, imagining there was a circle of us dancing.

Or I would pretend my cuddly toys could actually see me etc and could hear me and understand me and would talk to them etc...God, I cannot believe I did that. I almost seemed to truly feel they were alive.

I also would play stuff in our bomb raid shelter, imagining there was a war.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 7:17 pm

As a child I was trapped by my imagination. I daydreamed constantly. I remember trying not to daydream as a pre-teen, trying to have a blank or clear mind. I couldn't do it. Not even for a few seconds, it was impossible.

Pretty much the only thing I dreamed about was older male role models - brothers, fathers, uncles, kidnappers who became friends, etc. As my confidence with myself grew I became "in charge" of the men, I was there mother, or gang leader, or torturer or kidnapper. Rarely if ever did females pop into my daydreams, and they were always as realistic as possible (beyond the fact that a preteen would have a gang of thousands of men in fear of her, and such).

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 9:50 pm

Triangular_Trees wrote:
Pretty much the only thing I dreamed about was older male role models - brothers, fathers, uncles, kidnappers who became friends, etc. As my confidence with myself grew I became "in charge" of the men, I was there mother, or gang leader, or torturer or kidnapper. Rarely if ever did females pop into my daydreams, and they were always as realistic as possible (beyond the fact that a preteen would have a gang of thousands of men in fear of her, and such).

8O I thought I was the only one who daydreamed of such things...

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 9:54 pm

I created imaginary worlds and stories that I wanted to be video games.

I also had visions of running a cereal company called Brand X.

Let's see... I also made imaginary characters out of body parts... that would be part of a children's educational program... there was Mr. Spleen and Queen Nasal Passages.... others I can't remember.

I often made lists drawing weapons and armor for my imaginary video games... creating imaginary stats and how they would progress through the game.

I also liked drawing imaginary maps... maps were the best part of fantasy... if you had the map... it could be real.

I was told I had an imaginary band when I was really young... I played drums.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 9:56 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Triangular_Trees wrote:

You know whats really strange - there have been at least three occasions where I've read your posts and thought 'Wow, this person is really alot like me.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 10:02 pm

Triangular_Trees wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Triangular_Trees wrote:

You know whats really strange - there have been at least three occasions where I've read your posts and thought 'Wow, this person is really alot like me.

You know, I've thought the same thing about you. :)

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 10:50 pm

I told stories with my stim string. One flick of the string for every sentence or word or idea/thought... usually I did it by the sentence or by the idea/thought.

I also wrote stories about stuff I wished would happen to me: disasters. :twisted: They cheered me up, gave me hope, put my feelings of what I wanted badly into words.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 10:58 pm

Ana54 wrote:
I also wrote stories about stuff I wished would happen to me: disasters. :twisted: They cheered me up, gave me hope, put my feelings of what I wanted badly into words.

Disasters? That's interesting.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

06 Sep 2007, 4:08 am

I remember that when I was at primary school I used to want to be a stappler. I used to sit down and make a noise like "ping, ping, ping, ping, ping" over and over again like someone stappling paper together :lol:

Malachi_Rothschild
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2007, 8:37 am

I used to pretend I was a vampire. Before bed when I got older I always went back to this world where I was an alien. I would travel dimensions, mostly to meet people from movies, books and tv shows I liked such as X-Men and TMNT, the Three Ninjas and a pair of witches mary kate and ashley olsen played in a movie once. I used to play X-Men on the playground with some other kids. And I loved lincoln logs, probably more than legos. I'd build the same log cabin every time but it was a lot of fun. And I'd play with my action figures, TMNT, Ghostbusters, He-Man. Oh and lite-brite.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 9:02 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
I remember that when I was at primary school I used to want to be a stappler. I used to sit down and make a noise like "ping, ping, ping, ping, ping" over and over again like someone stappling paper together :lol:

Haha, that's cute.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Sep 2007, 4:37 pm

the outside was a video game to me, especially riding in the car looking out the window

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 8:04 am

I had (and still have) really good imagination. The only thing that is impossible to imagine for me is a lack of imagination in someone - how is it possible? My fantasies were very often based on cartoons watched by me in that time - mostly cartoons about superheroes like Captain Planet, Superman, Batman. I used to imagine (especially in one fantasy which was a mixture of Astrid Lindgren's Ronia the Robber's Daughter and Batman cartoon series) that I also was a kind of superheroine.

I recall also that I liked imagining the war my grandmother liked telling me about.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 8:07 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Triangular_Trees wrote:

So there are three of us now :D