Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2004, 3:38 am

How do you get along iwth your siblings? Are you Best Frients or do you fight all the time?

I must confess that my Sister and I dont always get along. She's a great person and she's really sweet. The thing is that we're so different from each other, that we clash when we're together. I'm a 1960's type Mod and she's a Young Woman of the New Millenium and with that combination, things are bound to get out of hand. We fight over Music and TV Shows. I'm also a little jealous of her, because my Parents saw her as the daughter who would have a future.

Aren't Siblings supposed to love each other all the time?

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

30 Jul 2004, 3:48 am

I get along real well with my four siblings, (I am the youngest of five; three brothers and one sister). One tends to be "more understanding" of my 'aspie situation;' but they all have an idea of what I go through, well don't go through socially, academically (never attended college/not getting a degree... which would be in meteorology) and emotionally.

They all moved out while I was still living in Massachusetts, but the one I mentioned above moved from (Massachusetts to West Virgnia), and then to Florida; about 100 miles southeast of my parents and me.

Last edited by Tom_FL_MA on 30 Jul 2004, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2004, 3:03 pm

No, because I don't have any siblings, but if I did, probably. Oh, and my rooom would probably still have the ball, the trombone, Mimi, and the Duplos (like Legos, only 4 times their size [I know I'm too old for them, but barely anybody {not in my family} ever comes into the family room, let alone people my age, so I don't have to suffer public humiliation because of them]) in it.

:!: Mich :?:

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2004, 4:16 pm

as long as we dont spend too much time together my sister and I get on ok. she's not good to be around when she is tired or stressed!!

Sonas càirdeas

whatsup
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Aug 2004, 6:53 pm

see another forum on siblings recently updated

sparkplugloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2004, 1:16 am

I have one brother who is older than me by sixteen months. We do not always get along, and he is very annoyed by my atypical traits. But when we can, we play together with our PlayStation II or we listen to music together.

Loy

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2004, 10:08 am

My siblings and I don't get along I'm afraid. In my family, everything is a big competition and a fight for dominance. Early on, I refused to be a part of that. They always tried to control me, push me around, etc., but I never would do what I was told.

The fact our parents would also join in, often trying to give power to one over another. It was never easy. I just wanted to be left alone to mind my own business, not trouble anyone, etc., but that was never good enough. Some just had to have control.

Fortunately, I've walked away so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Unico
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Aug 2004, 10:03 pm

I have one sibling, a brother 2 1/2 years younger than me. He was always treated as being older than me, even though he's younger. We share some of the same interests and sometimes we get along okay, but we have opposite personalities. He's also bad-tempered and bipolar (just starting to get medicated), so he scares me and can be cruel sometimes.