Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hakemon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2007, 5:37 am

I'm 20 years old, but a few days ago, I woke up with severe pain in my chest, and I have a feeling it was a heart attack.

I'm quite worried about it, and the only thing I can think of is, start eating healthier. I'm not overweight or anything like that, im 5'9" and weigh 150 pounds...

So, do I just start eating healthier and brush this off, or actually go to the doctors? They said once I had an "abnormal" heart pattern on the ECG machine, and they had me go to the heart doctor and they had an ultrasound and a stress test, then said all was normal and I was healthy.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 6:28 am

sorry to hear that what did the cardiologist say?

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2007, 6:31 am

I'd definitely see a doctor about this. Maybe it's not so bad as it seems, but I wouldn't take any chances. I wouldn't just wait and see, especially with symptoms like that. If it turns out to be just "overreacting", fine: at least then you're sure that nothing is wrong.

hakemon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2007, 6:36 am

Nafydalgol wrote:
I'd definitely see a doctor about this. Maybe it's not so bad as it seems, but I wouldn't take any chances. I wouldn't just wait and see, especially with symptoms like that. If it turns out to be just "overreacting", fine: at least then you're sure that nothing is wrong.

ok, i'll schedule an appointment with the doctor and ask them.

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2007, 6:53 am

I've been getting severe pains in my chest for best part of twelve years now, and sometimes there is simply no explanation for them. The closest danger my hearts been in is when I had phneumonia back in April and the infection was spreading to the membrane surrounding the heart (making it go at almost 130 bpm at one point...worrying.) but I had had pains in that area for long beforehand.

Sometimes is can be something as innocent as the slight pulling of a muscle, but at the same time it's quite a delicate area. Best get it looked at as soon as you can.

Hope all turns out fine.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 7:38 am

So you're saying you haven't actually had the heart attack diagnosed?

Could be anything...

You need to see a doctor.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 8:28 am

Here is an article about a 23-year old who had a heart transplant

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070904/hl ... 0904170021

She doesn't look at all overweight either.

But, maybe you over-ate the night before, and it was just heartburn/indigestion?

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 10:44 am

I get pains in my chest that feel like heart attack since I was 20 but it is heartburn and stress.
Eating healthy is a very good idea regardless.
Also don't smoke, everyone in my family who smokes has heart problem at 30 and several died at this age, it is genetics and smoking for us.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

dumbgenius
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 11:31 am

If it only hurts when you breathe in, then it could just be your ribs.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Sep 2007, 11:34 am

I have on occasion pains in my chest, and for a bit i panicked thinking it was my heart, but I think its more likly a pulled muscle in the area of my sternum. Are your pains centeresd around the general area your heart is?? Mine is 70% near my heart and 30% on the opposite side leading me to beleive it is not my heart (I prey to God it is not)

The reason i panicked, was because of 1 of the many stupid teen things I did back in the day. I was ashaimed of how I looked, I was tall yet scrawny, i looked like a weak nerd, and was being made fun of in middle school. What resulted was a really dumb idea that had the potential to be self distructive. This is going to sound horrible, but Ive already made 1 admission that is embarissing, so ill go with another. When I was 14 I decided the easiest way to gain weight (ill informed) was to purchase a can of crisco and eat a spoonful of it every day :| . Yes, really stupid and discusting. I fear someday I will die early as a result. I ate about half the can over the course of 3 weeks before I decided I could not go on doing this, i would never gain enough weight this way, and I cant beleive i did it.

Heh, and their goes whatever respect u may have had for me, hahahaha. Im a dumbass :?

hakemon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2007, 11:46 am

don't worry, i've done more stupid things.. when i was a little kid, i had those flinstones vitamins that tasted so good.. so my mother sent me to take 1 before i went to bed.. mind you, it was a new bottle.. when she came into the kitchen, it was empty.

lets just say, i had to take that hurling medicine.. ;) it was not pleasent...

anyways, i don't smoke, can't and won't.. have asthma.. the pain is in the same area, and it doesn't matter how i breathe, it can hurt even if holding my breath in or out...

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Sep 2007, 12:06 pm

hmmm... i find the pain subsides when i hold my breath for a minute, another reason i doubt its my heart, jeeze man, i hope u will be ok, better be safe then sorry, let us know if they find anything will ya?

edal
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 3:15 pm

Tell your doctor to check for a pulmonary embolism (a blood clot on the lung(s)). This can produce the same symptoms as a heart attack.

Been there, done that (twice).

Ed Almos

hakemon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2007, 3:20 pm

well, um, got the answer.. it's gas. :s that's the most embarassing thing ever.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Sep 2007, 3:23 pm

Oh snap son!! trapped gas is PAINFUL :x

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 3:25 pm

Not all that embarrassing... Better safe than sorry.

A few years back I was rushed to the hospital when I collapsed with chest pains, pain down my left arm and shortness of breath.

Turned out to be an attack of esophagitis and asthma occurring simultaneously - two conditions I didn't have previously.

18:33. Press 'Return'