Can animals spot Aspies and Love them?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 6:25 pm

I allways said, "Animals and children Love me, its people who dont"
Is this something other aspies find?, that animals Love them?

I used to go horse riding, Jake the horse loved me, it would kick its stable door as soon as it heard me, I would hide round the corner and say, "Jake, Jake", it would lick my neck and do things for me that its female owner had to shout and whip horse to do.

When I first met my mothers dog, she commented how it usually hates men but it was very friendly with me.

My last girlfriend (1993) was most impressed when she saw wild birds taking food from my hand.

Maybe Aspies are how man is suppossed to be and its the NTs who are wrong, its just that there are more of them, would certainly explain why the worlds such a mess and is being ruined.
Or maybe God wants Aspies to experience some Love in life?

atty61
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Sep 2007, 6:51 pm

I have experienced things like that. As a toddler I am sure I was communicating telepathically with my Boxer dog, Sam. Dogs always seem to accept me immediately as 'pack leader'. I much prefer the company of a dog to a human. At least they don't judge me.
Butterflies regularly land on me and when I'm out doing my wildlife photography the animals seem to be allowing me to get a lot closer than I would have thought. Having said that though it could be because I am so quiet and don't make quick movements.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

07 Sep 2007, 7:00 pm

Nambo wrote:
I allways said, "Animals and children Love me, its people who dont"
Is this something other aspies find?, that animals Love them?

I used to go horse riding, Jake the horse loved me, it would kick its stable door as soon as it heard me, I would hide round the corner and say, "Jake, Jake", it would lick my neck and do things for me that its female owner had to shout and whip horse to do.

When I first met my mothers dog, she commented how it usually hates men but it was very friendly with me.

My last girlfriend (1993) was most impressed when she saw wild birds taking food from my hand.

Maybe Aspies are how man is suppossed to be and its the NTs who are wrong, its just that there are more of them, would certainly explain why the worlds such a mess and is being ruined.
Or maybe God wants Aspies to experience some Love in life?

I also feel that animals love me more than people also.

I have lots of animal companions at home because of this.
I once took my dog to the vet because he had conjunctivitis, but anyway, there is a cat that always wanders around the vets but never goes near people as the receptionist told me. As soon as I walked in and given my dog to the vet to examine, the cat came up to me and jumped onto my lap! It was the most amazing feeling to know that the cat trusted me more than anyone else.

I to, have had wild birds eating out of my hand. They were pigeons and one walked up to me when I was eating french fries, I hold one out and it took it from my hand to eat it.

I often wonder if aspies are a part of human evolution and that if humans are ment to be this way. But then I come to the realisation that even if aspies protest this and say that we are normal and NT's are not, we are still not going to be accepted fully by other human beings and be regarded to as "disabled" by society.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 7:04 pm

maybe it is more to do with being a nice person who treats them with respect rather than having a different neurological type.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 7:35 pm

I have often said that my Lynx point Siamese girl, Samantha, was instrumental in both saving my life and enhancing it. She knew when I wasn't feeling well, she knew when it was time for me to come home from college and she loved the unloveable. Of my current cats, Paul is the most loving.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 8:07 pm

Just from reading your topic subject Ill say yes, animals dont care if your an aspie.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Sep 2007, 8:11 pm

i think some animals have 6th sence ability, some can detect earthquakes and siezures soit wouldnt suprise me if they can also detect, l o v e

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 10:53 pm

Yeah, animals seem to trust me more. Back when I worked at Cedar Point I was the only employees there who could get one of the wild rabbits near to eat from my hand.

Aulrade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2007, 12:31 am

I've thought about this as well because I noticed a stronger connection with animals.

I'll try to explain my theory on this matter.

Most animals have a sharper grasp on reality and their perception is at a higher level than most humans. Not to mention it's as if they have a 'sixth sense'. Most normal people usually live and act based on the impulse of their feelings/emotions. Most people with aspergers/autism lack that level of feelings/emotion and act more based on what they understand. Let me try to explain: Most people have dominant feelings over animals and animals tend to sense this tiny bit of 'threat' that they can't trust the person. However, when a person with aspergers/autism comes into contact with an animal, the animal receives mixed messages. The same messages as when a normal person sees an exposed person with aspergers/autism at a lower level and they don't sense any malice because people with aspergers/autism lack the ability to send those 'messages' naturally.

The animal would usually act casually/trusting as it would to another of its kind who doesn't have any malice towards it. There's no such thing as an evil animal.

That's why when you hear stories of holy people and an idol such as Jesus, most picture them as though animals would love and come to them. Eat out of the palm of their hand. Unlike people with aspegers/autism this is a derived thought based on that theory of 'pure thought'. While animals may not do that to most people like with aspergers/autism, just like a person, an animal loves and trusts at different levels.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 1:06 am

I think animals like aspies because we send out very peaceful vibes, just due to the way we walk, stand, and act. NTs see it as a weakness, which is why bullying is so rampant. Animals, however, see that as a safety sign. They instantly know that an aspie will not hurt them. So they feel very comfortable around aspies. In fact, when I go to pet stores just to browse, and I reach over to pet a dog or a cat, they always seem to feel safe enough to immediately start rubbing against my hand, asking to be petted.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Sep 2007, 3:07 am

Indeed, I have had several encounters with animals, one time I was hiking in the woods I used to patrol looking for hunters and anything suspicious for the land owner, their were 4 deer in the area, they had their heads down eating something on the ground, I was pretty close, and they acted as if they did not feel threatened, i got fairly close before they bolted, this happeneed 2 times, often deer will stick their head up and watch me instead of run away, i find they will run from others tho.

Another time I was chillin at my buddy's house and he has some cats, all not to social with strangers, well, during 2 seperate instances, I had a cat who did not really know me actually jump up and curl up on my lap, I was told that was very strange as they dont take to strangers like that.

Not sure what it means, i always just assumed I never gave off a threatening vibe (and i dont hunt er anything, i enjoy nature the way it is)

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 3:24 am

Like everyone said before this: yup. It could be due to the [lack of] body language we exhibit. It could be that we give animals more attention than “normal” people do because we can actually interact with animals; we cannot interact with humans near as well.

I’ve always assumed it was due to both of the above reasons for why animals have “taken” to me where they haven't to a lot of "normal" people.

Deefor4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2007, 10:50 am

I can only speak from personal experience, but I think...yes. Animals don't seem to react in the same way to me as they do to other people; they seem to be calmer and happier with me, and to actually make a point of coming to me.

I have also wondered about some kind of telepathic link, too. I know that I have been in the passenger seat of the car while we've been driving through a strange town, and I've been looking out of the window, and dogs we've passed have quite deliberately looked up and made eye contact with me. Also...

This is probably going to sound extremely odd, but I was once out for a walk with my dogs, and one of them (Arnie, a small rough-coated Jack Russell who's more intelligent than he has any right to be) started trotting along beside me, looking up at me with that wide-mouthed grin that dogs do when they're happy, and reality...sideslipped. For a couple of seconds, I was perceiving the world from a point much nearer the ground. It wasn't in black and white, but the colours were much more subtle and muted. I could smell grass, strongly, and everything seemed so simple, and I felt so happy.

It didn't last long, but it was a lovely experience.

Thanks for reading.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 11:51 am

Perhaps you don't stare at them, or into their eyes.

Animals hate that.

It is the uncompromising stare of the human being that animals find threatening.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 12:04 pm

I am much more inclined to make eye contact with animals than I am with people. I know how to look animals in the eye..alot of cats (i am surrounded by cats) communicate with eye contact...at least my cats anyway.....When I look a cat in the eye, I feel like I am regarding them on their level. Dogs too...I understand their facial expressions alot better than I do those of humans.

Have you ever blinked at a dog or cat and had them blink back at you?

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 12:10 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I am much more inclined to make eye contact with animals than I am with people. I know how to look animals in the eye..alot of cats (i am surrounded by cats) communicate with eye contact...at least my cats anyway.....When I look a cat in the eye, I feel like I am regarding them on their level. Dogs too...I understand their facial expressions alot better than I do those of humans.

Have you ever blinked at a dog or cat and had them blink back at you?

I used to blink-talk with cats, although I haven't had the patience for a while.

I think what I meant to say was that those on the Autistic spectrum may not stare in quite as threatening a way as other people, although this is just a hypothesis.