what's the climate like where you live?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Sep 2007, 4:09 am

I live in Alaska so that about sums it up. The leaves are starting to turn on the bike trail and you can tell Fall is here NOW. Waiting for "termination dust" First snow on the tops of the mountains, termination of summer. It'll be there w/in 3 weeks proably. SUMMER ROCKS!! ! 70's no humidity, and light almost all night. Came to see the Aurora and just fell in love w/ the beauty, the
laid -back people (and not millions and millions of them) everything. Have lived all over and just can't take the heat. I LOVE it here. Plus we all get a PFD. :D

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 5:56 am

Blistering Sol in summer; cool in winter.

I don't mind it at all, not that I've known any different.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 7:14 am

I live in London.

Considering London has the same latitude as Canada, the weather isn't to bad. This is despite the bad summer with have had this year.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 7:19 am

Fairly temperate with some rain. That's... that's pretty much it.

pinoy_pac_fan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2007, 7:32 am

only 2 seasons here in the Philippines. dry season and rainy season.

Today, its super hot and humid. Makes you sweaty and your clothes stick to your skin.

TODAY: Manila, Philippines

Scattered Clouds

Rel. Humidity : 84%
Wind : From 220° at 7 mph
Pressure : 29.71"Hg (F)
Visibility : 4.97 mile
Dewpoint : 26° C (78.8 F)
Heat Index : 35° C (95 F)
Wind Chill : 29° C (84.2 F)

-Eeyore

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 7:38 am

Moderate.

This summer was awful however, it was rainy and cold all the time and there were only few hot days. The weather often changed quickly, from one day to the other, here in 2007. I wish we had a cold and snowy winter already, I could wear my favourite scarf again.

Temperatures usually don't go past 30/35°C in summer and not below -10°C in winter. It is rather boring, but there is an advantage. You can wear the same set clothes during the whole year.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 10:00 am

reika wrote:
I live in Alaska so that about sums it up. The leaves are starting to turn on the bike trail and you can tell Fall is here NOW. Waiting for "termination dust" First snow on the tops of the mountains, termination of summer. It'll be there w/in 3 weeks proably. SUMMER ROCKS!! ! 70's no humidity, and light almost all night. Came to see the Aurora and just fell in love w/ the beauty, the
laid -back people (and not millions and millions of them) everything. Have lived all over and just can't take the heat. I LOVE it here. Plus we all get a PFD. :D

What's a PFD?

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Sep 2007, 10:31 pm

A PFD is a Permanant Fund Dividend. Not sure if this is exact but it goes something like this. All those oil companies up in Prudo Bay,and the pipeline, LEASE the land from the state of Alaska. Then the state takes a big chunk of all that money and it's put into the Permanant Fund. That Fund is invested in I don't know, mutual funds, hog-bellies..whatever, something, I really don't know. But every Man, Woman, and Child in the state is considered a "Stockholder" and in Oct. You get a nice little check for living here. There are rules, you have to RESIDE here (and yes, they check) and you have to intend on staying. If you mess with them you can never recieve it again. The first year I got one it was $1963.00 the largest one so far. It lags a couple years behind the stock market I think, so then it went way down. $8-900.00ish after the War started. Last year I think it was around $1100.00, this year projected around $1500.00. If you live in the Bush (off the road system)it's a big help,heating oil, food also for familys w/ children you can get a house down payment together, buy a decent car, christmas presents, they also have it to where you can save the ones for your kids for their college funds, whatever. It comes at the beginning of winter so it's really nice. New studded tires, remote start, block heaters, Internet service, stuff your gonna need to get thru the hibernation of winter.

http://www.pfd.state.ak.us/

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

Last edited by reika on 09 Sep 2007, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 10:47 pm

Bloody.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Sep 2007, 7:50 pm

werbert wrote:
Bloody.

8O :lol:

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Sep 2007, 8:13 pm

Is "Bloody" Good or Bad? :oops:

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 5:45 am

Hot and humid. Lately we've been getting some rain and t-storms. Sunny mostly. It'll get cooler in the winter near Thanksgiving in November.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 6:52 am

reika wrote:
A PFD is a Permanant Fund Dividend. Not sure if this is exact but it goes something like this. All those oil companies up in Prudo Bay,and the pipeline, LEASE the land from the state of Alaska. Then the state takes a big chunk of all that money and it's put into the Permanant Fund. That Fund is invested in I don't know, mutual funds, hog-bellies..whatever, something, I really don't know. But every Man, Woman, and Child in the state is considered a "Stockholder" and in Oct. You get a nice little check for living here. There are rules, you have to RESIDE here (and yes, they check) and you have to intend on staying. If you mess with them you can never recieve it again. The first year I got one it was $1963.00 the largest one so far. It lags a couple years behind the stock market I think, so then it went way down. $8-900.00ish after the War started. Last year I think it was around $1100.00, this year projected around $1500.00. If you live in the Bush (off the road system)it's a big help,heating oil, food also for familys w/ children you can get a house down payment together, buy a decent car, christmas presents, they also have it to where you can save the ones for your kids for their college funds, whatever. It comes at the beginning of winter so it's really nice. New studded tires, remote start, block heaters, Internet service, stuff your gonna need to get thru the hibernation of winter.

http://www.pfd.state.ak.us/

I have heard about that, I just didn't know it had a name.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 9:26 am

Where I live it is freezing in the summer hot in the winter and spring and autumn it is middle Spring and Autumn are my favourite seasons as they are medium neither hot or cold.