Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 3:11 pm

Do you people like to eat Sweets, or Salty Foods.

I personally love my Sweets. I always end up off track if there are lots of Sweets in the house. On the other hand, I can leave a bag of Potato Chips on the counter for three weeks, without opening it. I've always loves Sweets. Especially Chocolate. I've got to stop this. I guess that I can buy myself a Chocolatley treat on my way home from Weight Watchers, on Thursdays and leave the rest of the stuff alone.

What do you Brothers and Sisters prefer?

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 3:16 pm

I like a mixture of both. I like Sweet coffee, and the the occaisional bittersweet chocolate, Terry's Chocolate Orange (when they can be found), as well as Ice Cream, but for the most part I tend to go with salty when it comes to snack food.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 3:34 pm

Sugar, though I'm not much of a sweet tooth. I like my chocolate unsweetened or nearly so and my coffee sugarless but fattening.
Most of the foods I like are very acidic, citrus fruit, pineapple, salsa, even in coffee I perfer a more acid light roast to a dark roast.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 4:06 pm

both! Sweet and salty, salty and sweet. If I had to pick one, it would be sweet, because chocolate is sweet and I can't live without chocolate!

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 4:22 pm

chocolate,chocolate,chocolate,........did i mention I like chocolate?

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 4:36 pm

Salty. I am not a sweets person and don't really like chocolate much. But give me anything salty and I'm in heaven.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 4:43 pm

both - depends on my mood, what else i've been eating etc. however, i do feel i should probably plump for sweet, as i expect i'm more likely to expire from lack of chocolate than from lack of crisps.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 5:59 pm

Salty mainly. My mom said that the first container I reached for was the salt container and I used to eat the stuff, she's not sure whether it was the decreased salt intake she had during pregnancy due to toxemia and such issues but she said every child she had ever looked for always went for the sugar.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 6:41 pm

Salty. When I do get a sweet tooth, it doesn't last long and I often end up throwing sweets away because of it. And I always have to have something salty after eating something sweet to get the taste out of my mouth. I find sweets enjoyable. But I can't bear to have their tastes linger.

Funny enough, I always take the salt off of those huge pretzels before I eat them. Don't like it. Too much salt.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 7:09 pm

SALT (and sour, and fat, too). No sweets, yuck.

~Steve Jobs

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 7:50 pm

I prefer crunchy, salty, snacks, though I don't mind occasionaly treating myself to sweets.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 9:09 pm

Salty, definitely. Crunchy salty especially. Pretzels. Nacho Cheese Doritos. Garlic Triscuit. Yummy!
Occasionally Baker's Semi-sweet chocolate baking squares. :wink:

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 9:12 pm

Cindy wrote:

Oh yes those are delicious, they're my second favorite chocolate, bested only by 70% cocoa lindt chocolate.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 9:14 pm

Tim_p wrote:
Cindy wrote:

Oh yes those are delicious, they're my second favorite chocolate, bested only by 70% cocoa lindt chocolate.

Hmmm, I'll have to look for these. My grocery store sells some Lindt chocolates.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 10:03 pm

Salt, ewww! I can't stand salt, except for Garlic Salt! :D Sweet is awesome, especially when mixed with sour! X )

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2005, 12:47 am

It depends on what meal I'm eating. I prefer a sweet breakfast such as sweetened cereal or pancakes with syrup. My lunch and dinner are always salty. Anything in-between depends on whether I'm having an overwhelming craving for chocolate that sends me to the grocery store at two in the morning or satisfying my addiction to Coca Cola. No wonder I'm 30 and still have acne. :roll: