Did anyone do anything particularly violent as a child?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 6:55 pm

I can't remember how old I was, but I was little. and I ahd this beauty and the beast mirror. it was like one of those old time mirrors, but electric, and when you turned it on it lit up and different little characters on the front said things. One day i got really mad at my brother and I smashed it on his head and he had to go to the emergency room.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 7:04 pm

That sounds bad.

I smashed my friend's head against a brick wall, hard, not thinking what I was doing, and had violence and anger issues with other kids. That stopped when I was about 11. I regret it.

I once made fun out of a deaf girl. :( I'd rather forget that. It was really horrible of me.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Sep 2007, 8:21 pm

i pushed my sister down the stairs once. and when i was at the baby sitters i bounced a baby off the bed :?

neopsytox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2007, 8:30 pm

When I was in elementary school, this really sweet girl was one of my best friends. I wanted to know her loyalty and boundaries, to experiment a bit, but this is how I see it now, because I had no feeling towards what I was doing at the time. So, I beat her up. I told her how sorry I was and asked her why she wouldn't speak to me anymore, and eventually she forgave me. And then, I beat her up again. This time her mother told her that she was not allowed to speak to me, and she was transferred to a different teacher.

My best friend in junior high school, I stabbed into the top of the hand with a pencil in biology class (when we were in a lab dissecting a squid), just because, I wanted to see what he would do. We ended up becoming friends again after awhile, but I didn't repeat the experiment this time. The relationship between us had become strained.

In high school (this one was provoked), I had become a total pacifist by 9th grade, but there was a racist boy (son of a KKK member) who was in every single one of my classes. I saw him all day, every day, yet the school was large, so it was mere coincidence. He constantly harassed me and no one did anything to stop it; so, after taking this for over a year:

I was in biology class (must be a thing about biology, eh?) and we were dissecting a fetal pig; he was behind me calling me all sorts of names, kicking my chair, pulling my hair, stabbing his finger into my side; I sat and pretended to ignore him, because I had every intention of it just being "another day." He ended up calling me a "cunt-faced dyke" (I was someone shaky towards lesbians at the time, so...this was a great insult); I turned around as if in a zombified daze with my dissecting scissors in hand and stabbed into his shoulder meat, then turned around just as casually and went back to charting the experiment. There was no anger present, at least not that I could see; it was like a reflex to his words. I stayed calm.

The teacher didn't want me to get introuble...she sent him to the nurse and told me, infront of the class, that he deserved it (it was actually making her cry) and all the kids were cheering me on; but he needed to go to the hospital and was talking about pressing charges, so as his parents were involved, I had to sit down with the principal and ended up in a "guidance" school for a couple months (but the teachers loved me there, so...I was happy.)

But always thought that maybe I was a sociopath, because...I never seemed to "feel" in those situations...well, anything other than an empty, hollowness.

http://www.myspace.com/cxareigna
http://cxareign.wordpress.com
http://aspergianologie.wordpress.com

WEIRD is NOT a DISEASE; It's EVOLUTION!

QL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2007, 9:20 pm

Oh, I just beat the crap out of my little brothers. The usual stuff big brothers do.

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2007, 10:10 pm

I was walking along the road from the park, circa 7yrs old and i smashed a mailbox. I sure got in trouble for that one.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 10:27 pm

I was never violent, but you acted like the way my sister treated me though.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 11:04 pm

I hit my brother over the head with a broken piece of furnature and he was nearly knocked out. he staggered around everywhere when he was hit.
I also king hit my sister on the head when she was in bed
I also tried to burn the house down.
I also in one of my temper tantrums I wrecked our next door neighbour's prize garden

They were the days

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 11:24 pm

I had a lot of anger...
One time in elementary school, I was being hassled by a kid and he was all up in my face. So I kicked him. People didn't hassle me as much from then on.

Stasia
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2007, 12:22 am

The most violent thing I ever did was try to punch someone when I ws 15 in the school cafeteria when she started talking about sensitive information the vice principal had supposedly divulged to her and her friend (both enemies of mine who picked on me)... my punch was PATHETICALLY soft... and not even in the right place. :oops: Before that, I grabbed her throat and squeezed-- I meant to squeeze her unconscious-- but the neck of this jacket she was wearing was getting in the way.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 12:35 am

I threw a glass bowl at the stairs and broke it (my mom was at the top, and I threw it at the bottom). Then I took the bits of the bowl into my room and cut myself with them. Yeah, fifteen was not a good age.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 12:49 am

In kindergarten I hit another student with a huge rock. It took both hands to lift.

I don't remember why, but I do remember wondering why I was in trouble, rock in-hand, in the principal's office.

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2007, 1:20 am

Yeah, I remember the one time in Kindergarten that I was sent to be lectured by the principal: "Biting people, is for DOGS!" Some days I just overreacted to anyone who was being an ass because I thought it was directed at me.

The one I'm surprised I was just made to sit in the corner for was hopping on a wooden ride-on tractor and ramming a peg-board until it keeled over onto 4 or 5 kids. I remember planning it for days, just to see if I could do it. I never thought for a minute that kids might be in the way, yet that could have hurt 5 year olds a lot worse than the biting. I guess I made it look like an accident...?

And one time at a birthday party some kid made fun of me, so I shoved him into the backyard fire-pit.

Whenever I tell that one, I always forget how bad that sounds...THERE WAS NO FIRE IN IT AT THE TIME!

Are a lot of aspies prone to violent rage because we have trouble dishing out the emotional hurt we receive? ...or just perceive?

I thought that it was normal to feel that rage, but that everyone else was just better at bottling it up. Most of my friends at college agreed we'd at least fantasized about going Columbine in our high schools. (No, I'm not condoning killing sprees, God gave us Grand Theft Auto and Halo so we could get those fantasies out of our system. Of course he never gave us a decent home system version of Time Killers, so I'm an atheist...)

But when I described MY high school experience to those guys, they agreed that my school sounded like paradise. So I guess I really was just overreacting.

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 1:38 am

When I was 5 there was a kid who wouldn't stop hitting me, and one day i lost it and dragged him by the hair across the entire schoolyard, about 100 yds...

I ran into the same kid when i was 12 and he asked me if i remembered it, then he karate kicked me and knocked me down...

obviously, the kid was traumatised...

10 Sep 2007, 3:28 am

I've done a lot of violent stuff. I have pushed my little brother down the stairts, bit other kids, scratched, spat, and I used to choke my little brother when I was eight.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 4:42 am

maybe just a little...

There was this one time at pre-school another boy wanted to play 'mummies & daddies', and said i was going to be the mummy. Then he went to the opposite side of the hall & stood on the other side of a long row of trestle-tables, between a wooden house. So i pushed the tables, crushing him on the other side. I probably stopped when he started crying, so its not what i would call proper violence.

Result: I didnt have to be the mummy & i learnt how to make use of the environmental features in a combat scenario.

Last edited by psych on 10 Sep 2007, 4:55 am, edited 3 times in total.