Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2007, 7:16 pm

Which movie stars do you think has AS but is too scared to publicly talk about it with the public ?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Sep 2007, 8:18 pm

<------clearly this movie star :wink:

monty
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 8:30 pm

Quote:
Tim Burton may be autistic - according to his long-term partner Helena Bonham Carter.

The 'Charlie and the Chocolate' director has some of the symptoms of Asperger's syndrome - a form of autism - because he is highly intelligent but lacks in social skills, according to the actress.

Helena, who has acted in four of her partner's films, recently starred in a TV movie in which she plays the mother of four autistic children.

During her research, the star recognised character traits Tim shares with kids with Asperger's Syndrome, telling Britain's Evening Standard newspaper: "Tim will kill me, but while making this drama I realised he actually has a bit off Asperger's in him. You start recognising the signs

"We were watching a documentary about autism and he said that's how he felt as a child. Autistic people have application and dedication.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/ ... -7228.html

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Sep 2007, 8:38 pm

tim burton is pretty cool. the nitemare before christmas is one of my favorite movies :jester:

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2007, 12:30 pm

I was actually asking about actors

huronking
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2007, 9:43 pm

I have read that Dan Aykroyd is.

Thats how I ended up here. I didn't know they had a name for this.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2007, 10:56 pm

heh

CeriseLy
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2007, 3:03 pm

Britney for the hygiene and the falling apart at the seams after years of focused work paid off.

Director Wong Kar Wei for working without a script and insensitively dragging out the film process at the expense of his actors' schedules.

Iris Chang the author of Rape of Nanking for her dogged inconvenient honesty and walking into a frat house and telling a ginger that she wanted him for a boyfriend.

mmaestro
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 3:12 pm

CeriseLy wrote:
Britney for the hygiene and the falling apart at the seams after years of focused work paid off.

I have to doubt it. If you've seen any of the interviews from when she was younger, she's bubbly, engaging, very social. People can fall apart spectacularly without need of Asperger's, sometimes.

I've read Keanu Reeves. Certainly, his acting is... wooden. Like he doesn't understand emotions, at all.

Music of the Moment: Radiohead - In Rainbows

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 3:20 pm

If I had to provide an amateur psych diagnosis for Britney Spears it would be Bipolar.

As for AS stars, I don't know. I don't watch much in the way of TV or movies.

CeriseLy
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2007, 3:20 pm

I wanted to say Keanu as well but then I remembered an interview where he was flirting with a smalltime entertainment reporter and he had no problem making those typical self confident moves. Britney walks around without shoes. Maybe she is clever and high functioning ... nah, you are probably right. Her grade school teachers and classmates all described a slick social butterfly.

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Oct 2007, 5:49 pm

I would have to agree with you on that one. People say that she is too socially suave to have AS, but forget that she has a lot of people around her telling her how to act and what to say. So it is possible she could have AS and just be showing it since she got rid of all the people around her.

Jcaps
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Oct 2007, 7:49 pm

Well, Dan Aykroyd has already been mentioned. I heard that Steven Spielberg might have it also. I've never been able to find concrete proof of that, though. It would be nice to know, though, considering he's one of my all-time favorite directors.

CeriseLy
Toucan
Toucan

03 Oct 2007, 7:56 pm

I wish there was a chemical test like peeing into a cup to determine the existence of AS like using dna to check for Fragile X. I am going silently hysterical thinking about trusting someone to diagnose me when people in authority have disappointed me in my experience. SIGH. Also the thought of having to be interviewed and going over the many incidents in my life and my father's life that indicate strong aspie tendencies as well as strong cloaking skills exhausts me and I am not a big sharer in real life. Also reliving the things that I wouldn't let traumatize me might traumatize me this time. CRAP!