Hi! Mother of a 6 yr old girl w/aspergers

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

cheri
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Sep 2007, 11:41 pm

Hi! My name is Cheri and I have 2 beautiful kids. My daughter Natalie is 6yrs old and was diagnosed in Febuary with Aspergers and ADHD. I also have a 5 yr old son named Donovan. He is in kindergarten and I home school Natalie. I live in the Shreveport/Bossier area of Louisiana, so if you near me, please contact me.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Sep 2007, 12:08 am

Hi I have a 6 year old daughter whos autistic, and all her therapist say I'M AS, don't live anywhere near you now. Did live in Lafayette for about 3 mos. a long time ago. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Everyone is very nice, and will try to answere any questions you might have.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 12:15 am

I homeschooled my aspie all the way to college. He now programs for a video-game company. You are saving your daughter a lot of grief. I wish my mom could have homeschooled me, but it never occurred to any of us until my eight-year-old non-aspie asked to be homeschooled.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 4:09 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Maxx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2007, 7:45 am

Welcome!

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 7:59 am

welcome to WP

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 9:04 am

Hi, Cheri. It's very good to meet you. You have definitely found the right place for support and advice. I have 4 kids, 3 are teen boys ( 16 with AS, 14, and 13 with AS). I also have a 6 year old daughter who is still awaiting her assessments for AS. Right now she is dx'ed ADHD. It is good to hear from another parent that is homeschooling. At the moment she is doing alright and the school is very cooperative. If things start to fall apart, she will be homeschooled, as will the 13 year old.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 1:36 pm

Hi Cheri, nice to have you here, I'm a 33 year old mother with Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD, my two sons are: Dylan - 6 1/2 years old (moderate HFA) and Brendon - 4 years old (NT and Gifted).

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Sep 2007, 4:24 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet Image

cheri
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Sep 2007, 3:49 am

Hey everybody! I just found out about a place called The Center for Therapy. They specialize in ASD's and I found out that my insurance will pay 100%! ! I am so excited for Natalie. They do speech/language therapy and occupational therapy. They will also help Natalie develop better social skills. I will find out tomorrow when they can evaluate her. After the evaluation, the therapists develop a customized therapy plan just for Natalie. I will let ya'll know tomorrow when we are to go. I can't thank ya'll enough for being so nice.

Doris50
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Sep 2007, 2:19 am

I am a mother of a 6yr old boy who was initially thought to have Aspergers. Now the so called experts arent so sure. The child mental health services here in NZ are inadequate and underfunded. So much for Gods zone. So we are struggling just to get an answer. When the subject of Aspergers first came up, it was actually a relief to learn there may be a reason for the eway James is.