Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Sep 2007, 6:30 pm

who have As? how frequently do you run into problems making choices, or decisions? maybe you hate making decisons?

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Sep 2007, 6:33 pm

I despise having to make a decisions! :x

Dad: what do you want for dinner son?

Me: How the hell should I know?! !! !

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 6:34 pm

Yes, even the simplest thing like which gem to buy, which book, which this, which that has me standing there frozen for ages as I weigh up the pros and cons of each thing. I hate having to make choices.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 6:36 pm

I don't like people making decisions for me, but I like things that just are. I don't know how to put it. I guess I like having an example upon which to base my decision. I like knowing outcomes and I struggle when my decision means an uncertain outcome or possible surprises. I like my world very logical, functional. Two plus two equals four.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2007, 6:53 pm

I always want to make my own decisions, but think very hard where a normal person would not take half as much time or thought to come to a conclusion. I want to be sure I get it right, i dont want any regrets, or at least as little possible regret as possible.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Sep 2007, 7:14 pm

is it wierd that i dont like making decisons for myself? i think i do alot better in life if someone tells me what to do. haha :D

czechguardsman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2007, 9:14 pm

I spent 1.5 hours in the food court the other day, agonizing over wether I wanted Burger King or Anthony's Pizza. I finally decided I wasn't hungry and went to work. This is a daily thing. I struggle with those spontaneous, split-second, everyday decisions. Formerly, before I was diagnosed, I was in a line of work(military) where the ability to make rapid, crucial, important, and vital decisions was essential. I was in Iraq, and, much to the disgust of my command, I was unable to be effective on missions because of my inability to be decisive in situations.

I can make a good decision if I have time to rationalize it, and I have a prior model or a paradigm on which to base a choice. I just cant respond rapidly, and I take too much time when it comes to weighing options. I am, overall, not a decisive or assertive person.

D

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

14 Sep 2007, 10:41 pm

I have trouble making decisions that are really basic, especially if they are spontaneous ones. If my time table changes at course and we have to choose what to work on, I will not know and can't think of what to choose because I need writen instructions.

My day is full of hard choices to make such as what to cook for dinner, what website to visit first, and how long to spend on doing something. Most people would find these decisions easy, but I don't.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 11:24 pm

richardbenson wrote:
is it wierd that i dont like making decisons for myself? i think i do alot better in life if someone tells me what to do. haha :D

No, I think it's probably similar to the way I feel about things. You like things to be set, right? The only difference between you and I is that I'm a control freak, lol :lol:

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 12:12 am

richardbenson wrote:

Same here. I always figure I'd be better off if someone would just tell me what to do, when to do it. Otherwise I just spin in circles until I come up with a *possible* answer, but there is no guarantee my answer is the right one...

I'm my own guinea pig.

StonedRoach
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2007, 12:21 am

It's a downright pain in the ass at times.

different

15 Sep 2007, 2:39 am

I want to make my own decisions most of the time though it takes a lot of time.. I am like you, the easiest thing takes time to decide.. I have to think what is good with the decision and what is not, then I can pick the best one. When I am ill I want someone else to tell me whether I should stay home from work or not.. I always think that I can go to work even when I almost fall to sleep where I stand 8O So that is too tricky for me to decide :oops:

15 Sep 2007, 1:01 pm

When I can't make a decision, I get nothing instead and leave the store.
I also go for what I am feeling inside. If I feel a strong feeling in getting something, I get it even though there were other games I wanted or DVDs. With food, I get nothing so I end up staying hungry because I couldn't decide what I wanted.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 1:59 pm

i got no problems decide what i want..it just takes 5mins :lol: