Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Yogamat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Sep 2007, 10:15 pm

Do you have a hard time with people joking around? I don't mean telling jokes, I mean when you're having a conversation with someone and they say something with a straight face so you take them seriously and then later you get into a misunderstanding because you were supposed to somehow guess that they were...JOKING? Or vice versa. They'll laugh when they say something serious. So how do you interpret that??

elvenmage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2007, 10:22 pm

Yeah it happens alot to me.

Also after they tell me it was a joke it usally takes me a while to work it out.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 10:27 pm

I've seen NTs catch each other with the straight-faced joke, too. It's not just us. I just laugh and blow it off when I found out I've been "had".

If the same person does it a lot, I take everything he/she says as a joke until I know different. Most people do, in that situation. If a boss says the joker complained, I just tell them that no one can tell when whosit is joking or not. My co-workers have always backed me up on that.