What Chinese year were you born in?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2007, 10:20 pm

I was born in 1988... year of the dragon. I'm best suited to the snake, rat and monkey, and ill-suited to the dog (my mother is one, so that fits). :D

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2007, 10:23 pm

I was born in 1971, the year of the Boar:

Honest, peace-loving and make good friends. Will try not to argue and rarely lose their temper. Love the good things in life and are very willing to share with others. Enjoy gossip and fall in love easily. Can be untidy people at home.

(that actually does describe me fairly well)

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2007, 10:51 pm

jaleb wrote:
I was born in 1971, the year of the Boar:

Honest, peace-loving and make good friends. Will try not to argue and rarely lose their temper. Love the good things in life and are very willing to share with others. Enjoy gossip and fall in love easily. Can be untidy people at home.

(that actually does describe me fairly well)

Ditto!

I am honest to a fault. I am an environmentalist and pacifist. The few friends I have are genuine to me anyway. While avoid conflict, once invloved I argue quite intensely to the point of being angry. I also do not share, as I have had too many bad experiences with sharing where the other person broke my stuff and didn't even bother to fix it or replace it. Gossip is not very interesting. I do fall easily and am messy, although I'd prefer to have order. I just can't keep up with it all.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2007, 10:59 pm

Wood Hare/rabbit

Last edited by Graelwyn on 18 Sep 2007, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zwerfbeertje
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2007, 12:20 am

(Fire) Horse

zebedee
Toucan
Toucan

18 Sep 2007, 2:55 am

76 year of the dragon.

pinoy_pac_fan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2007, 3:11 am

Year Of The Monkey

People born in the Year of the Monkey are the erratic geniuses of the cycle. Clever, skillful, and flexible, they are remarkably inventive and original and can solve the most difficult problems with ease. There are few fields in which Monkey people wouldn't be successful but they have a disconcerting habit of being too agreeable. They want to do things now, and if they cannot get started immediately, they become discouraged and sometimes leave their projects. Although good at making decisions, they tend to look down on others. Having common sense, Monkey people have a deep desire for knowledge and have excellent memories. Monkey people are strong willed but their anger cools quickly. They are most compatible with the Dragon and Rat.

-Eeyore

David1981
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Sep 2007, 3:22 am

Ana54 wrote:
I was born in 1988... year of the dragon. I'm best suited to the snake, rat and monkey, and ill-suited to the dog (my mother is one, so that fits). :D

I was born in 1981, the year of the rooster.

From http://www.c-c-c.org/chineseculture/zodiac/Rooster.htm:

People born in the Year of the Rooster are deep thinkers, capable, and talented. They like to be busy and are devoted beyond their capabilities and are deeply disappointed if they fail. People born in the Rooster Year are often a bit eccentric, and often have rather difficult relationship with others. They always think they are right and usually are! They frequently are loners and though they give the outward impression of being adventurous, they are timid. Rooster people¡¦s emotions like their fortunes, swing very high to very low. They can be selfish and too outspoken, but are always interesting and can be extremely brave. They are most compatible with Ox, Snake, and Dragon.

WhiteRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2007, 3:48 am

I was born in 1990, the year of the Metal Horse

The horse personality is often willing to give as well as expect a lot of liberty. These people are extremely independent and confident. The horse person is very quick-witted, inquisitive and determined. They are very good at recognizing patterns: she or he is on to the thought in your mind even before you've expressed it. In general, these people are gifted.They adore being the center of everyone's attention, but they prefer to be recognized for their skills and are easily flattered. On the other hand these people have an honesty and genuine warmth which attracts lots of people and helps them make new friends. People as a rule confide in a horse person because he/she is sincerely interested in their thoughts and feelings and is able to help with both wise words and an action, but there is a small problem about it - the horse person is so excited by new discoveries that it is difficult for them to keep a secret. This is not something that arises out of malice or revenge - sometimes they just cannot help themselves.

It is easy to inspire such a person by new ideas and he/she tends to act on them without delay, carried away by the excitement of the moment. But it is also important to remember that there is a danger for a horse person to be too impulsive and it may cause some problems in the future. And if they do not see the result of their efforts, it is rather natural for them to turn their attention to a new project and head off once again, brimming with new ideas. The horse person is always ready to offer good advice and can be very persuasive, but his/her confident and carefree approach hides inner doubts. Those who know such a person will recognize this, and offer the support and reassurance he/she needs. A male that is born in the year of the horse is considered as a charming, suave person to a member of the opposite sex.

Horses should beware of the Rat, as any relationship with this sign is said to be extremely trying for the horse. Of all relationships between Chinese zodiac signs, a relationship between a rat and a horse is said to be the worst (this relationship from a historical point of view, climaxed or was at its worst at the height of World War II, when Germany governed primarily by the sign of the rat threatened the destruction of the Jews (Israel, which is governed primarily by the horse). The rat is way too calculating, dictatorial and possessive for the free-spirited and independent horse. A relationship with a rat can potentially break down the horse's free-spirit and cause rage in the rat - as neither will be willing to yield to the other. However, horses get along great with Tigers and Dogs.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 7:05 am

mine is the year of the ram:

People born in the Year of Ram are elegant and highly accomplished in the arts. They seem to be, at first glance, better off than those born in the zodiac's other years. But ram year people are often shy, pessimistic, and puzzled about life. Sometimes clumsy in speech, they are always passionate about what they do and what they believe in.

hmm, maybe i don't have AS, this seems to explain it :)

Ram people are wise, gentle, and compassionate. They are compatible with Rabbits, Pigs, and Horses.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

18 Sep 2007, 7:09 am

http://www.c-c-c.org/chineseculture/zodiac/dog.html

Year of the Dog

Quote:
People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people¡¦s confidence because they know how to keep secrets. But Dog People are somewhat selfish, terribly stubborn, and eccentric. They care little for wealth, yet somehow always seem to have money. They can be cold emotionally and sometimes distant at parties. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders. They are compatible with those born in the Years of the Horse, Tiger, and Rabbit.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 7:56 am

The Year of the Ox
1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997

People born in the Year of the Ox are patient, speak little, and inspire confidence in others. They tend, however, to be eccentric, and bigoted, and they anger easily. They have fierce tempers and although they speak little, when they do they are quite eloquent. Ox people are mentally and physically alert. Generally easy-going, they can be remarkably stubborn, and they hate to fail or be opposed. They are most compatible with Snake, Rooster, and Rat people.

Well, I am eccentric, mentally alert, stubborn and I hate to fail or be opposed. The rest is wrong. I insipre confidence in absolutely nobody. If I believed in astrology, I'd be really depressed...I'm an oddball in my own sign! :cry: :wink:

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2007, 7:59 am

Apparently I was born in the year of the goat (1979). That might be true because I have a goatee. 8)

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 3:02 pm

Ana54 wrote:

Same here! I missed Year of the Snake by four days though!

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 3:07 pm

WhiteRaven wrote:
I was born in 1990, the year of the Metal Horse

The horse personality is often willing to give as well as expect a lot of liberty. These people are extremely independent and confident. The horse person is very quick-witted, inquisitive and determined. They are very good at recognizing patterns: she or he is on to the thought in your mind even before you've expressed it. In general, these people are gifted.They adore being the center of everyone's attention, but they prefer to be recognized for their skills and are easily flattered. On the other hand these people have an honesty and genuine warmth which attracts lots of people and helps them make new friends. People as a rule confide in a horse person because he/she is sincerely interested in their thoughts and feelings and is able to help with both wise words and an action, but there is a small problem about it - the horse person is so excited by new discoveries that it is difficult for them to keep a secret. This is not something that arises out of malice or revenge - sometimes they just cannot help themselves.

It is easy to inspire such a person by new ideas and he/she tends to act on them without delay, carried away by the excitement of the moment. But it is also important to remember that there is a danger for a horse person to be too impulsive and it may cause some problems in the future. And if they do not see the result of their efforts, it is rather natural for them to turn their attention to a new project and head off once again, brimming with new ideas. The horse person is always ready to offer good advice and can be very persuasive, but his/her confident and carefree approach hides inner doubts. Those who know such a person will recognize this, and offer the support and reassurance he/she needs. A male that is born in the year of the horse is considered as a charming, suave person to a member of the opposite sex.

Horses should beware of the Rat, as any relationship with this sign is said to be extremely trying for the horse. Of all relationships between Chinese zodiac signs, a relationship between a rat and a horse is said to be the worst (this relationship from a historical point of view, climaxed or was at its worst at the height of World War II, when Germany governed primarily by the sign of the rat threatened the destruction of the Jews (Israel, which is governed primarily by the horse). The rat is way too calculating, dictatorial and possessive for the free-spirited and independent horse. A relationship with a rat can potentially break down the horse's free-spirit and cause rage in the rat - as neither will be willing to yield to the other. However, horses get along great with Tigers and Dogs.

Me too. Much of that is untrue, and I don't believe in hocus pocus astrology.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 4:25 pm

TM1, you're a dog? I would not have guessed you were a dog! You are eccentric, and loyal, and honest and all that, but I don't think you have those negative qualities! At least you ahven't shown them yet! My mom can be really nice too but since she's so depressed...

My mother is SUCH a dog! the sharp tongue, the finding fault with a lot of things, the bossiness... but she NEVER has money and wants it (though she isn't materialistic, at least says she isn't) so... Oh yeah, and she's eccentric, though she puts down others' eccentricities!