Laughing at things not funny to other people.

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 8:55 pm

Once I start laughing, I'm gone for a few hours-giggling at everything. Tonight in my therapist appointment, I kept giggling the entire time. Initially what started it was him not knowing what college I went to, but getting all of this information from other colleges. I thought it was a bit humorous-in kind of an ironic way that he thought to gather this stuff for me, but none of it was the right school. After that I couldn't look at him without giggling.

I wasn't laughing at the fact that he made a mistake-we all do that... it was just the irony of the situation.

I'm my own guinea pig.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Sep 2007, 9:08 pm

nobodyzdream wrote:
Once I start laughing, I'm gone for a few hours-giggling at everything.

I know what you mean. Tonight, something happened that I found funny, and I am still laughing about it nearly three hours later. Every time I think of it, I'm off laughing again. My cat also makes me laugh a lot, like when she almost acts human, by playing hide and go seek, or fetch.

HurricaneRae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Sep 2007, 6:49 am

i definately laugh at inappropriate times, find things funny that others don't, and will laugh at my own thoughts. The last one has definately drawn other's attention. I tend to start laughing for what appears to be no reason when I have thought of something funny. This happened alot in school when I wasn't paying attention. (which was most of the time) I'm sure most people that i was completely mad.

Deefor4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2007, 7:01 am

I often find something funny because I imagine how what I'm seeing might become funny. I try and explain to my family (I think they're quite used to the words, "That put a mental picture in my head"... *), and sometimes they get it. Sometimes, though, I'm left stranded, thinking, "Oh. I did it again, didn't I?"

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2007, 8:21 am

I do that a lot! For some reason, thinking of the number 12 being yelled out in a Sesame street-esque way makes me giggle uncontrollably!

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2007, 8:44 am

Irony, things that aren't meant to be taken literally and morbid stuff gets me laughing like a...maniac.

Certain "authority" figures don't like it when you laugh at them and their silliness, "'...pull up your socks!'" always had me gasping for air (plus the subsequent detention during lunch break).