Laughing at things not funny to other people.

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 10:36 pm

lol, one example I can think of right now, is when I was in a relationship a while back. He actually THREW ME OVER THE COUCH. I crack up every time I talk about it because it is just so random, irrational and everything else that just makes it completely insane...it's just THAT FAR beyond comprehension to me, that it seems to have sneaked off into the dimension of comedy almost.

Everybody else says "oh, that's horrible!" but I always imagine some irate cartoon character flipping out and throwing another around or something...

I don't really know why it's so funny to me-I think it is just the randomness of actually being able to say I've been thrown over a couch before. Wasn't funny at the time, of course, but now I laugh a lot about it. It's no longer a part of me, just part of the really crappy chopped up movie that plays in my head when I recall it. Simply a fact at this point... a really bizarre and insane fact.

I don't think it's funny when others talk about things like this, unless they make a funny facial expression or something to go with it, or unless I'm just in a state of disbelief and don't really know how to react, because it really isn't funny...

Others think I'm just really warped, because they do not find the humor in it. If they saw it the way I do when I think back on it, they might laugh too. It's so extreme that it increases by about 10 (at least) in how I recall it. I always just reassure them that it wasn't funny in the least at the time.

Edit: I hope I didn't just kill the thread... lol.

I'm my own guinea pig.

Droopy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2007, 11:27 pm

Um, yes. I too laugh when it's not appropriate and/or not funny to others. I don't know which one is more annoying, me laughing when it's not appropriate or others not seeing the humor in what I find funny. If it's something I find funny that I'm visualizing I would rather not explain it to anyone because it ruins my laugh when they don't get it.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 11:28 pm

Droopy wrote:
Um, yes. I too laugh when it's not appropriate and/or not funny to others. I don't know which one is more annoying, me laughing when it's not appropriate or others not seeing the humor in what I find funny. If it's something I find funny that I'm visualizing I would rather not explain it to anyone because it ruins my laugh when they don't get it.

woot! lol, thanks-I was getting worried 8O

I'm my own guinea pig.

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 12:57 am

nobodyzdream, I've been meaning to ask you, what is that on your wrist/upper arm area? : )

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 1:03 am

oh, that care bear thing? lol, I used to wear that thing everywhere that I went-really for no good reason, lol. I just liked it. It was a stretchy little wrist thing-kind of like the ones people use for exercising and stuff, I suppose. It has Grumpy Bear on it.

If you are meaning the baby I'm holding (rofl, hey-you never know sometimes what is actually being referred to)-she's my daughter at like, 3 months old.

If you're meaning the fadey looking marks on my hand, I used to SH a bit when I was in the abusive relationship... that has stopped entirely right after leaving though.

(sometimes I swear I'm the queen of too much information... but I guess one should always try to cover all of the bases when unsure what exactly is being asked)

I'm my own guinea pig.

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 1:17 am

nobodyzdream wrote:
(sometimes I swear I'm the queen of too much information... but I guess one should always try to cover all of the bases when unsure what exactly is being asked)

LMAO Yeah, that is me, too!

But seriously, I guess I meant the Care Bears thingee. Now I know, so I don't have to keep looking at your picture asking myself WTF is that thing on her arm? LOL

(You're really adorable!)

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 1:20 am

ChatBrat wrote:
nobodyzdream wrote:

LMAO Yeah, that is me, too!

But seriously, I guess I meant the Care Bears thingee. Now I know, so I don't have to keep looking at your picture asking myself WTF is that thing on her arm? LOL

(You're really adorable!)

lol, thanks :oops: and glad I got that cleared up for you, and for anybody that might possibly be wondering what the heck that small drooling object is that I'm holding. rofl.

I'm my own guinea pig.

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 1:54 am

Your baby is adorable, too! What a cutie!! ! How old is he?

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Sep 2007, 2:14 am

Its funny cause just a few moments ago I was on my other board dominated by mostly parents of autistic children and for the first time in a while a troll popped up and I know he was saying some rude stuff and posting pictures that made my eyes bleed, but at the same time I was laughing, yet their was nothing funny about what he was doing and I hate ppl who do this.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 12:48 pm

I'm frequently the only one laughing out loud in a movie. I've learned to make it a quick laugh, otherwise the Missus gets embarresed ! !!

Just the other night we went to a play, which to me was very serious. But some people thought various bits were funny. Struck me as quite odd.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 7:26 pm

I often laugh at things that aren't exactly funny, per se, but at things that make me happy. I laugh at the funny things my cats do, or smile when I think of something I have read about a favorite person, like Roger Bannister. I also laugh at funny stories I read on my cat site or even when thinking about cute cat antics people report. I love seeing cute cat pictures, too.

ArcAngel06
Raven
Raven

19 Sep 2007, 7:38 pm

I have a terrible habit of laughing when people fall over, it embarrassses me - its that little "omph""noise they make just before they go over and the arm flailing

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 7:44 pm

A few years ago at a family reunion, I said something funny. Everyone laughed but I thought it more funny than anyone else and I ended up going from hysterically laughing, to laughing and crying at the same time. I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could out of embarrasment. I sat on the toilet crying my eyes out. Fortunately, no one gave me a hard time and they all acted like nothing had happened.

That has happened to me about 3 or 4 times in my life, but that time was the most "dramatic."

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 7:45 pm

ArcAngel06 wrote:
I have a terrible habit of laughing when people fall over, it embarrassses me - its that little "omph""noise they make just before they go over and the arm flailing

Omg too funny! I'm literally laughing outloud at what you said.

WildMan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2007, 7:48 pm

When I was a kid I would laugh my ass off at the most inappropriate things (gore and death on the news, etc.). But, just like a dog, you get smacked enough you eventually stop doing it.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Sep 2007, 8:53 pm

I always end up feeling badly, if I'm the only one laughing, and nobody else is, and I can't stop.