Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Jul 2005, 10:11 pm

Ghosthunter might have to cut his trip short due to the lack of money. I think we should start a fund to allow him to continue his travelling.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2005, 10:16 pm

NO.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2005, 10:26 pm

No can do here.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2005, 10:38 pm

Staying in motels will send you broke real quick. Better stick to backpackers or people's homes GH. Got no money to throw at you here, maybe somebody does. Boston would have work? Make it a working holiday?

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2005, 11:14 pm

Broke as can be at present and even with next round of money coming in, I have to put all extra into my moving and college tuition funds. Sorry GH. Wish I were more rich and could pay your whole way. :(

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2005, 11:17 pm

What did you have in mind Alex?

BeeBee

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 1:58 am

i can't unfortunately, but i think it's a great idea, as GH gives so much pleasure to people on this board (i'm not going to claim "everyone on the board", cos people have said that before, and i don't claim to speak for everyone).

did the fundraising ideas come to fruition? if so, alex, perhaps you could poll people as to whether they think GH's travels are a suitable use of any funds accrued.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 2:11 am

actually, alex - have just read GH's post on being stressed, and he doesn't mention financial difficulties, but you do. so, is it YOUR suggestion?

i think we need to suspend this discussion until we find out whether GH actually IS in financial diffculties.

i'm not suggesting alex is lying, btw, - could be a simple misinterpretation (unless he has additional information which we don't know about) - but i do think we need some clarficatio here.

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 2:18 am

He hasn't been online since early Wednesday - I doubt he even knows Alex suggested this.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 2:30 am

ta, pyraxis.

so, come on, alex - wtf is going on?

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Jul 2005, 9:29 am

Ghosthunter said this in a private message:

Ghosthunter wrote:
Hi! Alex, I called. I got a answering machine.

The reason my trip stops in Massachussettes is
that I am down to emergency food cash! Not lodging$'s.

When I leave here, Massachusettes, I will be in a different
space. Not travel space.

Sorry, I don't starve myself!

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 9:53 am

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm completely broke, and unable to afford anything right now, I would have gladly contributed @ $50..... The fact is, though, how do you get the cash to him? Money Order?

That being said, I know for a fact that he can get a job in Boston, at least temporarily. Also, If worst comes to worse, he can stay out of a homeless shelter for a while as he works. --It is a scary environment, but it is shelter. What else can I say, I wish him the best of luck.

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Jul 2005, 11:52 am

I think that instead of giving ghosthunter money, we should try to help him get a job. You can give a man a fish but it would be better to teach him how to fish.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 11:56 am

He is looking into full time employment here. It may come to noght but we've started the process.

The issues I see here (locally) are
1) School would have to be put off for a year until GH gets residentcy. Resident tutition is about 40% cheaper.

2) Couldn't be the outer rung suburs due to poor mass transit. Urban and interring would be okay though.

3) Winters are a bear here....GH, you might like winters but the first one would be a true shock.

BUT, that doesn't help for this current rode trip.

BeeBee

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Jul 2005, 12:01 pm

I think Ghosthunter should try getting a job in Boston since he is already there.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 12:05 pm

That makes sense. At least for short term.

Wouldn't it have to be a day-job/short term thing though? By the time he went though an interview process his travel pass would have expired.

So...any tips on day jobs Ghosty might be interested it?