Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 6:50 pm

Do you have the experience of trying to get photos of your kids...and they look sideways with their eyes? I learned a trick after four years. My daughter will look at THINGS. I always tried to get her to look at me. Now I say look at the camera and I get shots of her actually looking AT me. I know this might sound really simple, and I'm just slow for catching on so quick, lol, but I thought I'd share.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 6:53 pm

I don't have kids, but I have gotten much better when having a photo taken of me.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 7:01 pm

I do like to do the "bunny ears" on people, despite the fact that I will be 28 in three months.

Tim

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 7:30 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I do like to do the "bunny ears" on people, despite the fact that I will be 28 in three months.

Tim

LOL it's all good, I'm 29 and I still enjoy the bunny ears :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 7:37 pm

siuan wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Tim

LOL it's all good, I'm 29 and I still enjoy the bunny ears :D

Cool!

Tim

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 12:50 am

I can't pay bribe or do anything to get my kids to look at a camera! It is very frustrating for me because I love to scrapbook. I have a really good camera so I take several shots as fast as I can and if I am lucky I may get one where they are looking at me. My youngest son I can trick a little and say something like "Look! Thomas is on my camera!" (he likes Thomas the Tank Engine) and he will look for maybe half a second! Now to get both boys in the shot and both looking at the same time.....very nearly impossible! I want to scream. We used to go and get our pictures made at Sears every year at Christmas and the last time we went was horrible! I left in tears because I can not even begin to describe how difficult it was and it was so important to me to get a picture. But every now and then, I really get a good one and it is startling to me because it is so rare! This one is one of my favorites of my oldest, it was taken last year and I tricked him to get it, he didn't know I had the camera!

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 11:45 am

Jaleb - I can relate! Thank goodness for digital cameras!! !! What I struggle most with is trying to get photos of both of my children together. My son is 21 months old, so he's doing the typical short baby attention span thing anyhow...then I would have to take several photos and he would be SO done with it by the time I actually got one of my daughter looking at the camera. I usually had to settle for something in between.

I love Sears portraits here locally, they do a really good job. I do think this time I am going to try to explain my daughter has eye contact problems rather than just having them make noise to try to get her to look...the noise makes her avoid eye contact all the more and it makes my younger one cover his hears and make screeching noises. I can't believe babies respond positively to that, but I guess without sensory disorders they do.

That picture is SOOOO CUTE by the way!

jjuee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2007, 10:07 pm

I will have to try the 'Look at the camera' trick. My 9 year old AS son does the exact same thing and is looking sideways in just about every photo taken in the past 3 years. When he was younger, he was such a good poser too!

chriscross1966
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2007, 9:27 pm

Also watch out for your kids going through the photos and binning the ones of them, some of us hate photos being taken of us, I was well into my thirties before I wouldn't try to track the down and dump them... and if you really think you know more about computer security than a teenage Aspie who's into computers then you are sadly mistaken....... I think my mother only has about twenty photo's of me aged under thirty, until I was diagnosed I just loathed the thought of their existance, now I realise it's one of those things I should try to be a bit more flexible about... still hatehaving my photo taken though.....

chrisc

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 1:36 am

chriscross1966 wrote:
Also watch out for your kids going through the photos and binning the ones of them, some of us hate photos being taken of us, I was well into my thirties before I wouldn't try to track the down and dump them... and if you really think you know more about computer security than a teenage Aspie who's into computers then you are sadly mistaken....... I think my mother only has about twenty photo's of me aged under thirty, until I was diagnosed I just loathed the thought of their existance, now I realise it's one of those things I should try to be a bit more flexible about... still hatehaving my photo taken though.....

chrisc

From ages 10-16, no photos of me exist.