Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 9:57 pm

I love bacon so much , I can eat it every day. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 10:02 pm

if somebody invented a healthy [no cholesterol] bacon, I would be first in line.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm

I LOVVVVVVE bacon----I could easily eat half a pound, at one sitting!! Unfortunately, I can't take the grease, now----and, even though I drain it, and put it in paper towels, it still "gets" me. I miss it, so.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 12:03 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I LOVVVVVVE bacon----I could easily eat half a pound, at one sitting!! Unfortunately, I can't take the grease, now----and, even though I drain it, and put it in paper towels, it still "gets" me. I miss it, so.....

what if you cooked it in an air cooker?

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 12:59 am

Irulan wrote:
Do you know how I understood the title of this thread having read it? :twisted: I was sure you're asking who likes this gentleman: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Bacon 8O

I'm not the only one!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 1:06 am

In moderation.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 2:00 am

i think bacon is numbly, but haven't bought it in years due to two things:

high saturated fat - heart disease and strokes

nitrates - colon cancer

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2015, 2:04 am

I do like it, and recently tried another, healthier variety..turkey bacon. I think it's just as good as the regular. And much less greasy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 2:05 am

cathylynn wrote:
i think bacon is numbly, but haven't bought it in years due to two things: high saturated fat - heart disease and strokes nitrates - colon cancer

have you tried faux bacon?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 2:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
i think bacon is numbly, but haven't bought it in years due to two things: high saturated fat - heart disease and strokes nitrates - colon cancer

don't know where i'd get it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 3:03 am

cathylynn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

don't know where i'd get it.

also known as facon, vacon or veggie bacon, it is made by several firms, most notably by Morningstar farms, so any supermarket in your area that carries Morningstar farms products will likely have their version of it. also, these people make their own kind-
http://www.lightlife.com/Vegan-Food-Veg ... Bacon.html

and this page has a vegan bacon recipe that sounds interesting-
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/vegan-bacon/

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 3:23 am

I'm a vegetarian. :(

But were I not, I would say yes. I always enjoyed bacon, particularly when its burnt to a crisp. I've had different kinds of vegetarian bacon, some which taste like cardboard and some which taste pretty darn close, but there's nothing that can accurately capture the magic of the original.

The one thing I don't like? How bacon has somehow become a meme. Really, that's the power of the internet: it can even make something like bacon become annoying.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 8:29 am

Grease dripping. too much fat. but can be eaten on occasions in small portions with other things like potatoes and eggs.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Huh? DO tell!!

softlyspeaks41 wrote:
I do like it, and recently tried another, healthier variety..turkey bacon. I think it's just as good as the regular. And much less greasy.

Oh, I'm glad you posted that! I've been wanting to try it, but I haven't been brave enough, yet. I tried turkey pepperoni, and it was okay----but, it was a bit tough.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Huh? DO tell!!

it's just that I watched this late night infomercial once that showed bacon cooking in a tabletop air cooker device, all the fat just drained from it, it was well-done, just final dab dry with paper towel, and it was much less unhealthy to eat that way. it is sort of like broiling or roasting but not in its own fat like frying in a pan would do.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 2:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Huh? DO tell!!

it's just that I watched this late night infomercial once that showed bacon cooking in a tabletop air cooker device, all the fat just drained from it, it was well-done, just final dab dry with paper towel, and it was much less unhealthy to eat that way. it is sort of like broiling or roasting but not in its own fat like frying in a pan would do.

Ohhhh, maybe it was one of those convection ovens? I've been wanting one of those, for AGES!! Those info-mercials drive me crazy----I want almost everything I see----especially if it has something to do with cooking!!