No 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Maybe Next Semester 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2007, 11:08 pm

Brian003 wrote:
We weren't even talking about the OP's topic.

He already made up his mind: Its good that he made his own decision and is joining the fraternity.

Actually still have not decided really so I am going my friend Steyer about it.

MickeyJones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2008, 12:40 pm

I'll be 20 years old in college and still havent made any true friends or niche yet. I think I have asperger's syndrome since i fit alot of the desriptions for it, especially since i'm shy and awkward. i have almost no social life

we just finished the initiation process, so im officially a brother, and i still dont feel like i made the right choice and strongly considering quitting. If i dont join this fraternity, I'll be almost friendless. when i say i dont 'clique' with them, i mean our personalities and interests dont match at all. most of the time, i have no interest in joining thier conversations since they talk about stuff i dont care about

i dont know if those guys are my right friends either, but being with them should certainly help me overcome my shyness/awkwardness. i dont know whether to force myself to be social, or to play it safe, and only be friends with fellow socially awkward people.

this fraternity is not your stereotypcial fraternity. the guys dont party much, no hazing, some of the brothers rarely drink, and its known for having a strong brotherhood. i mainly joined since i just want any kind of social life

i've been thinking of living in an apartment with strangers instead. Maybe the apartment would be a better idea since i only have 3 other personalities to deal with.

i talked to the president last semester about my not fitting in, a few weeks after rush, and he said that he went through the same feelings of loneliness due to not knowing anyone that well. i bet instead of telling me that this frat isnt for me, theyre just lying since they want my money

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 2:08 pm

It is not even the first week of term at my college
and I am already being recruited to join a club/group.