Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 5:14 pm

NO

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 6:03 pm

It has been rare, but I've had dreams come true just like watching a movie. If I had more faith in other ESP incidents, I'd risk including some wishful thinking or bias in similar feelings, so I don't guide my life by other perceptions, but they do fit overall patterns that develop.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 10:08 pm

I do tend to have a pretty good intuition and it helps with my social difficulties, or at least creates a guise for them. I dreamt about my horse before I encountered her. Many of my memories run like short clips... like gif. file lol it's not so detailed to be considered photographic it is an image that also will have touch, smell, sounds, feelings I experienced at the time of the memory. I'm not sure if that counts? There might be some other things but I dunno

My mother (not on the spectrum as far as anyone knows) on the other hand... She's made various guesses that turned out to be predictions. Gender of babies, when they'd be born, impending danger (a place my step dad worked burned to the ground not a month after she made him move from there), when someone would die, where the body of one of our pets was, and other various things like that. She's also had more than a few paranormal encounters - they're pretty drawn to her. But one of the more fun things she does it put out lights xD If her energy is high like from stress she'll be driving down the road and you might watch a line of street lights go out. Once a certain distance is attained you see them pop back on. She'll mess up computers - they'll spazz, freeze, not load properly etc.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 4:36 am

YES. :lol: In fact, everyone does.

I have:
Sense of balance. Sense of body. Sense of temperature. Sense of pain. Sense of time. Etc...

But in a non literal sense? (No pun intended)
Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I just don't believe or disbelieve these things.

I might be someone who is being guided, is being granted of things and had been on the right track for some weird reasons.
I might be someone who can have a leap of faith, and left unscathed.

Or, not at all -- I might as well be someone who chooses to risk and get reckless while keeps getting more lucky hits than anyone else who tries the same. :twisted:
Said 'leap of faith' is just some funny fool's whim on doing something I might regret and, well, end up reasonably NOT regretting it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Feb 2019, 6:34 am

I don't even have common sense(I've been told that more than a few times) so I don't get why I would have a 6th sense. I just lack sense.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 8:21 am

Don't know about spiritual work, but there's a rash of thread necromancy going on around here, so maybe that counts?

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 9:20 am

jjstar wrote:
Are you psychic? Can you move stuff with your mind? Is your intuition off the charts? Do you combine this with spiritual work?

Of course not; unlike some folks, I believe in empiricism, and prefer to live in the reality-based world.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 9:55 am

Quote:
6th Sense - Got It?

Yes, I do! :D

It's one of my fave horror movies and I own it on DVD.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 8:40 am

Alterity wrote:

My mother <snip> one of the more fun things she does it put out lights xD If her energy is high like from stress she'll be driving down the road and you might watch a line of street lights go out. Once a certain distance is attained you see them pop back on. She'll mess up computers - they'll spazz, freeze, not load properly etc.

I've heard of such people before. I seem to have the opposite condition. I once bought a new bicycle tire, but didn't want to take the time to put it on while the old one still worked. It blew out just as I stopped at my shop with the tire. I went riding on a rough trail, and my wristwatch was really getting shaken hard. I had to grip the handlebars so tightly that my fingers stayed curled when I stopped to rest. So, when my watch band then failed, the watch fell into my hand.
Now that I drive a car, it costs me about $200 pa for parts and depreciation. Ten years ago, I felt uneasy about my right rear wheel bearings. Two years ago, they were out as part of another job, and passed inspection by a very fussy mechanic. Last year, they failed.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 10:45 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
I have 6 scents

I have 6 red cents..to my name! :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 12:52 pm

I knew I was going to see a thread about this today and reply to it.