Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 4:45 pm

Are you psychic? Can you move stuff with your mind? Is your intuition off the charts? Do you combine this with spiritual work?

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2007, 4:52 pm

If anyone really believes they can move stuff with their minds, they really need to get in touch with psychiatry. There have been threads on the forum where people have reported having ESP's though, which is a bit more rational.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 5:10 pm

Yes. To each their own. It cannot be proven scientifically that such things do exist, but similarly, it has not been proven that they do not exist. Having said that, I look into quantum physics too which can explain a lot of paranormal phenomena in an interesting way.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 5:12 pm

Yea I'm not psychic like that, but I do think I have some form of ESP. Like a couple weeks ago, I got a weird feeling like a ghost was visiting me, or something weird was happening, anyways I finally fell asleep, and had a dream of my friend Katie, whom I haven't seen in awhile, all of a sudden right as soon as I woke up, I got a text from her, saying her grandfather died last night. It was soo creepy.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 5:16 pm

Yes. And I knew you were going to post this thread. :lol:

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 5:17 pm

I get accused of reading minds. I don't of course. I just have studied body language so much and have an ability to to know where others trains of thought are going. People say an awful lot and no words need come out of their mouths. I'm very often wrong and that doesn't register with most. Most just remember the times it comes across as spooky.

Before I knew what I was really doing, I think I took it as some kind of mystic thing. No trick to it.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 5:24 pm

I would have to say i have a "musical" sense. I can instantly tell if something's off-key (akin to perfect pitch), I can listen to a piece of music on an mp3 or cd player, read a piece of sheet music from a different work, and be thinking of yet another piece of music all at the same time. I can play music back in my head (and even "integrate" two somewhat similar pieces of music into one work in my head as well). I think it's a subconscious thing because the soundtrack to this dream I had last night was the theme from LOTR: Return of the King and Pirates 3 spliced together into a new unique soundtrack...

If only I could output my mind directly to a file... that would be epic win...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 5:26 pm

I don't see how that has any connection to the original question :?

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 6:16 pm

I have 6 scents

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 6:36 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I don't see how that has any connection to the original question :?

My musical sense is, in essence, a sixth sense...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 6:53 pm

I have my moments.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 6:53 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
I have 6 scents

I have 6 scents as well.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Sep 2007, 6:56 pm

I've had the odd experience here and there, where I knew what was going to happen shortly before it did. For example, I was once shopping in a second hand store, and found some very old volumes of a children's books that I happen to collect. They wanted 3 to 5 dollars for each. I idly thought of the cashier giving me a break on the price as I paid. Later, while she was ringing up the sale, she said that she had to leave early, and why didn't she just give me a discount so that she didn't have to check each book for the price. It was just what I had imagined. Another time, I "imagined" an entire conversation with an ex-neighbor. Later that day, I ran into her, and she said everything I had imagined she would say!

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

24 Sep 2007, 7:00 pm

Why is this in the General Autism Discussion section? Are you suggesting a link between extrasensory stuff and the autism spectrum?

I'll address the subject in two parts: me as a self-diagnosed aspie, and my son who is low-functioning autistic.

As for myself, I would say that I have uncanny intuition, though sometimes this gets tangled up with paranoia. When I can keep the intuition and paranoia untangled, my intuition serves me very well and seldom fails me. I notice things in the lattice of coincidence that surrounds us all; most others do not see such paterns in the chaos. I also have an uncanny ability to summon facts and knowledge about how to do things or how stuff works, and I can't tell you where that knowledge came from. I also have exhibited very minor powers of pre-cognition, but my dabbling in this area tend to get me into trouble. Is any of it "supernatural"? I really don't know; I maintain an agnostic stance on that front.

I'm also a "spiritual" person, meaning the spiritual centers in my brain are active, and I can perceive the feeling of spirituality. These spiritual centers were dormant for the first 32 years of my life, and became active only a couple of years ago. In seeking what to do with them, I've invented my own private religion, based upon customized deities that represent certain archetypical aspects of things that are important to me. Madness, probably, all of it. But that's for me to deal with.

As for my son... He doesn't really talk much in any meaningful way (mostly non-verbal), but he does this thing that me and my wife refer to as "laughing at fairies", or "interacting with things only he can see". Are those things really there? Is he imagining them? (He certainly reacts as if they're more than imagination). Are they hallucinations? I don't know; once again, I maintain a largely agnostic stance on what I observe here, though I tend to favor the faeries theory simply because it is fanciful and amuses me.

Good fortune,

- Icarus Invents Gods

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 7:04 pm

Quote:
Are those things really there? Is he imagining them?

It is said, if one believes in it, that childrens eyes are much more open to such things as spirit etc...different energies. Adults lose this, for the most part, as they are taught that such things do not exist and the logic side of the brain kicks in, although I suspect that aspies etc start out logical and so this doesnt apply, lol. But yes, supposedly that has links to the saying of how men are supposed to become as children...ie, undo all false ideals that society has taught them.

ArcAngel06
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2007, 7:06 pm

I know too much- I sometimes wonder if I am insane
We all have little peices our gifts are dispersed across a collective consiousness so no one of us has all the power and can use it for personal gain
When the time is right the peices will come together- dont ask me to explain I cant- I just know