Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2007, 12:36 pm

I've recently come to the realization I despise dealing with "Normal" society I've been becoming increasingly aware of how fickle it is to the point of disgust. Sure there are a few exceptions, but that's only a small demographic, and sure it could be chalked up to a byproduct of deteriorating social standards bu the fact remains most people only assume you're some annoying crackpot or something if you have Autism or Asperger's. But than again I'm speaking from my own personal experience.

Considering that there are asexual and nudist "colonies" I'm waiting for the day they start organizing the same thing for those with Autism and Aspies I'll be moving to one ASAP.

Last edited by loudmouth on 25 Sep 2007, 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dddhgg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2007, 2:52 pm

It seems AS is much more prevalent in Silicon Valley and other places with high concentrations of "computer nerds". Maybe you could move there one day.

SpaceStace
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2007, 6:00 pm

dddhgg wrote:
It seems AS is much more prevalent in Silicon Valley and other places with high concentrations of "computer nerds". Maybe you could move there one day.

Having lived many years in Silicon Valley, I'd highly recommend it. I wish I were back there. It's nerd heaven.

Andrick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2007, 6:17 pm

Sounds like a nice place, Game shops and hobbie store all around a able to get a D&D group together in less than 2 days that is geek heaven to me. you just have to find the right normal people. find misfits and people that don't really fit in themselfs All my friends play video games on a regular basis of about 20 to 30 hours a week. and TCGs are common in my school. I got lucky. the most of the people in my school like to listen to Rap music :x crap and smoke on the porch of a house that is for sale. Idiots. Ignore Idiots find people with the same interests. kind of.
I like the same music as most of my friends METAL, Look up GWAR if you think you are a freek
this world is filled with wierder people. GWAR ROCKS!

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2007, 8:05 pm

I've been looking for nerd in my area the problem they seem to be darn near impossible to find. God i need ot find some new social haunts.

And yes GWAR is pure unadulterated Weirdness wrapped in a bacon layer of awsome on steriods.
P.S. i know that explanation made absolutely no sense what so ever.

sassyaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Sep 2007, 12:22 pm

try reading something... "pretending to be normal" sounds good

SpaceStace
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2007, 12:52 pm

loudmouth wrote:
I've been looking for nerd in my area the problem they seem to be darn near impossible to find. God i need ot find some new social haunts.
]

I don't know if it interests you, but I've decided to take the test to join Mensa, which is basically a social club for smart people of any age. Seems worth a shot to me since I haven't made any friends in the 2 years I've been in New York.

Garrett
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Sep 2007, 6:27 pm

"annoying crackpot or something if you have Autism or Asperger's."

Personally, I think that anyone that thinks that is stupid.

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2007, 9:38 pm

Garrett wrote:
"annoying crackpot or something if you have Autism or Asperger's."

Personally, I think that anyone that thinks that is stupid.

As do I it was more of an example. I'm not open but i'm not tight lipped either about my aspergers. As a result it's More like most of society suscribes to the ridicilious concept of "normal" as far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as Normal. To put it jokingly "We're all diseased."

maritimeblaze17
Raven
Raven

07 Oct 2007, 3:19 pm

You're going to have to adopt to theirs. I'm relatively new to this board, but let me say that I'm 29. I've endured many of the same issues people here have. Growing up, when I was in high school and college, other kids bullied me, used me, took advantage of me, left me out of activities, and didn't invite me to parties.

You may be "annoyed" or "disgusted by society", but you are going to have to deal with said society. You're not going to be able to cut yourself off. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps that you may be acting in ways that turn people off? For I've had to ask those difficult questions, have had to confront HOW I've acted in situations, and adjust accordingly.

The world isn't going to change. You can either decide to make peace with that and try to have a semi-decent quality of life. Or you can retreat into your own world of isolation.

As someone who's lived in the latter, let me tell you that it's not as nice as the former.

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2007, 5:43 pm

Yeah i've gone with option 3. I've disassociated myself with said people who I've grown to be annoyed by, as a result a recent change of scene has been more than refreshing.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Oct 2007, 6:58 pm

im tired of people aswell. my intrests and collections are about the only thing worth my time nowadays, :|

Mamaof4
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2007, 2:13 pm

Right at this moment, I am also so tired of "normal" people....I use my other persona on WoW to escape reality. Probably not the best way to cope...but when life gets overwhelming, I need to go to my happy place :?

Joybob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2007, 2:42 pm

I've been called a rapist, crackpot, crazy and made my mom cry in the last month so.

Yeah I'm sick of dealing with people too.

makelifehappen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 9:11 pm

have I mentioned that I hate people?????????????????

yep, I hear you.

though this is a fairly common comment on my part.

*sigh*

I am boycotting about 90% of the people that I would have been in regular contact with...

heylelshalem
Raven
Raven

10 Oct 2007, 12:26 am

i cant stand being alone for very long but i get immensely frustrated dealing with people. maybe i'll start a club for people with aspergers syndrome where i live.