Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Sep 2007, 4:46 pm

Has anyone ever run away from home as a child? What was your reason?

I did a few times. First time, can't remember the reason but I walked a block up the street and felt I had gone a very far way.

Second time was because i did not want to go get my hair cut.

czechguardsman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Sep 2007, 6:10 pm

I ran away from home a few times.

The first time I was in the fifth grade and I came home from school to find that my mother was making my sister and me switch bedrooms and she was going to get the bigger bedroom. I went ballistic(I was not diagnosed until age 22), and I threw a two hour fit and spent the night in the park about a mile away before returning.

When I was 16 I ran away for a couple weeks and lived in the woods when my parents were going to force me to get a job that I absolutely did not want in a fast food restaurant. I wound up coming back. I wound up working in the Jack in the Box, and I got fired after a couple weeks when I assaulted an imprudent customer.

18 yrs old: Ran away the day after HS graduation, joined Marine Corps, got discharged during school of infantry for failure to adapt. I couldn't handle the hardcore stuff. The sergeants in SOI were worse than the boot camp drill sergeants.

D

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2007, 7:18 pm

My brother went to a local convenience store when he was like 2. He stole a lolipop and gave my parents a scare of a lifetime.

Boutique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2007, 8:50 pm

I ran away once when I was a kid because my mother dragged me out of bed at 6:00AM one morning demanding that I do the laundry. She was slamming my head hard against the wall where there was a nail. She didn't even see that the back of my head was bleeding. She went back to bed. I grabbed a bag and packed only my Bible and one Cabbage Patch doll and left planning to stay gone for a couple of months until school was about to start. However, my 'supplies' only kept me going until the end of day 1.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Sep 2007, 9:45 pm

Boutique wrote:
I ran away once when I was a kid because my mother dragged me out of bed at 6:00AM one morning demanding that I do the laundry. She was slamming my head hard against the wall where there was a nail. She didn't even see that the back of my head was bleeding. She went back to bed. I grabbed a bag and packed only my Bible and one Cabbage Patch doll and left planning to stay gone for a couple of months until school was about to start. However, my 'supplies' only kept me going until the end of day 1.

Do you have difficulties with waking up now or have to be woken up a certain way?

Boutique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2007, 10:26 pm

Kitsy wrote:
Boutique wrote:

Do you have difficulties with waking up now or have to be woken up a certain way?

I don't think so. I am still very uncomfortable around my mother. That incident was only one of hundreds of bad ones, so it didn't really affect me more than any other. Now she has the nerve to say that my parenting is a disaster. 8O 8O 8O

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Sep 2007, 10:48 pm

Boutique wrote:
Kitsy wrote:
Boutique wrote:

I don't think so. I am still very uncomfortable around my mother. That incident was only one of hundreds of bad ones, so it didn't really affect me more than any other. Now she has the nerve to say that my parenting is a disaster. 8O 8O 8O

eww. She says your parenting is a disaster? That's awful. I used to get woken up in bad ways growing up and now have problems with being woken up in certain ways or the whole day is screwed.

Sorry you feel uncomfortable around your mother.

Boutique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2007, 11:09 pm

Kitsy wrote:
eww. She says your parenting is a disaster? That's awful. I used to get woken up in bad ways growing up and now have problems with being woken up in certain ways or the whole day is screwed.

Sorry you feel uncomfortable around your mother.

Yes, it's unreal to me that she would say that. I'm an Aspie mom with an Aspie son with super challenging behavior problems. I have to royally bust my tail all day every day to be a good mommy (and keep the little guy safe and keep him from burning the house down) and I rarely ever get a break. Shame on her. Well, in her defense, she did drive over recently to watch my son so that I could go grocery shopping by myself without having to hold my son's feet to keep him from flipping out of the cart or getting kicked out of the store because of his shrill screaming. Still, I would rather have zero help and have her keep her misguided opinions to herself (and not say that I'm withdrawn and that's why my son acts like he does).