Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Sep 2007, 11:45 pm

Hi. Remember I said I was going to a meet-up in my town? Well, to my immense surprise, it went really well. There were two other women, and one guy, who turned out to be an Aspie. This group was based upon shyness and social anxiety, so there weren't highly confident NT's there, being intimidating, lol. The two women were really nice, and the guy was a computer programmer, so we talked computers a bit. We met at a coffee house, and chatted for a while, and then we actually went to dinner. Although I kept feeling a little restless, (it was hard to sit still all that time) the whole experience was actually good! I'm glad I took the chance. :)

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 1:06 am

THAT'S JUST AWESOME!

I'm glad I found this... ahem, I was looking for this in the 'other' thread you started! :wink: :D

This is neat. I can really get excited about things like this that go well for someone else, and I'm glad it went well for you hartzofspace!

Wow! You all went to dinner together too? I just thought it was going to be a meeting in a room somewhere... nothing fancy. Coffee house AND dinner AND it went well... that sounds like a major deal.

I can't stop grinning and typing... well... I can stop typi... :wink:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Sep 2007, 11:28 am

Yeah, I thought that, too. But the organizer had left it that we would meet for coffee, and then, if people wanted to, we would go on for dinner. I'm so glad I took the plunge. :)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 3:20 pm

Glad it went well, it is a bit of a revelation, isn't it, to meet those you can get along with and who have similar issues?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Sep 2007, 3:41 pm

It certainly is. I kept getting surprised to hear that the two women had issues similar to mine, with people, noise, lights, etc.