Ever been physically tortured or physically tortured anyone?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 2:38 pm

Me? Not really. I've been inched by this little girl who was supposed to be my friend, by her long nails, in the schoolyard... I also had my hair pulled once by a little-kid friend who was mad at me... that's all really.

Coyote27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2007, 5:08 pm

You start interesting threads. :D

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 5:46 pm

Not yet, but Iam going to be, when the New World Order is upon us after World War 3, I expect they will torture those of us who refuse to bow down and worship it, and to recieve its mark, 666

Stockton
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2007, 7:34 pm

I once let my little brother cut my hair... that's about as close as I've ever gotten.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 8:34 pm

Let's see... I got a black lip from being punched by a neighbor girl when I was eight, I've gotten slammed against lockers multiple times by my scalp, I've been bodyslammed by someone nearly four times my weight, I've been thrown against a brick wall, I've been beaten up in general many times, I've been dragged up the stairs by my neck, I've got permanent marks on my left arm from being grabbed so hard, and someone threw a pencil at me, narrowly missing my eyeball.

On the other hand, I beat up a boy so badly in seventh grade I made him cry (he deserved it), I've won many fights against bullies, and I accidentally slit a kid's throat open in February (I was trying to choke him a bit and my fingernails needed trimming...).

username88
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 8:36 pm

Ive never hurt anyone like this. Back in the day I would imagine some nasty s**t though lol.
I didnt get hurt like this from kids at school, except for a couple of times. I guess it doesnt count though. The parent stuff does however.

Amarantha
Raven
Raven

26 Sep 2007, 10:02 pm

Does S&M count? (If that's not inappropriate to this forum...)

username88
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 10:03 pm

Yes, Im afraid you will have to bring bdsm talk to the adult forum lol

Maxx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2007, 10:27 pm

Hmm...two times. Once, my friends held my brother on his bday while I pummeled him 15 times in the head with a somewhat flat volleyball. He hated me for that, but it was hilarious.

Then, I was playing a game with my campers while I was a counselor. I was lying on the ground motionless, and they had to get me to move or laugh. Well one of them decided to kick me in the nuts to accomplish that task. Well long story short, it worked.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:25 am

Consentual S&M isn't torture. Neither are any of the other things mentioned. I don't think most of us here could imagine what real torture would be like. People who have been tortured are never the same again because of the psychological damage. Inflicting pain on someone isn't the same as torture.

If you are asking about inflicting pain probably the worst thing I have participated in was when I played a stupid game with a friend where we volunteered to be shot on bare skin from really close range with a paintball gun. You wouldn't believe how much that hurt.

Eialune
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Sep 2007, 6:00 am

My husband and I hurt each other consensually. It's not exactly BDSM... I don't know what you'd call it. But when days and days of stress and tension build up, or I'm overstimulated or close to a meltdown, we wrestle. Like, headlocks and throwing into walls and bending limbs in directions they're not supposed to go in. It's not torture - torture in the true sense is not exactly common. But we beat the crap out of each other. And it's hard for me to explain without people going "OMG he's abusing you!" because they can't imagine why we'd enjoy it. But it's therapeutic. It helps... take the rest of the world away. And I give as good as I get. :?

I'd say the closest thing to torture is the stuff I've done to myself. I stuck a needle into my thigh, just because I wanted to feel it pass through the different layers of skin and stuff. I've deliberately stuck myself in a vein and "bled" myself until it finally clotted. I've held my hand over fire, and stood barefoot on blacktop in 97 degree heat, until the pain actually brought me to my knees and I fumbled back onto the sand. I've cut off circulation to my hands and fingers, cut myself.

Most of these things were done rather dispassionately, almost experimentally. Some of them, like holding my hand over fire and standing barefoot on blacktop, were a deliberate attempt to find my pain threshold. And some of these were exercises in raising that pain threshold, bit by bit, so that I could withstand more.

Even though I would seriously NOT recommend doing things like that to yourself, it did give me a better understanding of my own body's response to pain. For instance, I have an extremely high tolerance for pain on my hands and arms.... almost a decreased ability to feel pain there. On the other hand, despite growing up on gravel roads and dirt paths, the bottoms of my feet are WAY TOO sensitive, and probably always will be. I know that I can stand sharp pain better than blunt pain, and "twisting" pain (like from bending a joint the wrong way) better than either.

Given my sensory issues, this knowledge is actually kind of helpful because it lets me gauge just how bad an injury is likely to be. It's given me the ability to more accurately decide when I'm in "trouble" and when I just need some Tylenol and rest.

The difference between madness and genius is that a madman looks into the abyss and averts his gaze; a genius looks into the abyss and describes what he sees.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 12:49 pm

will being holdet in floor count? :lol: :roll: ...i got melddown :P

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 12:51 pm

Amarantha wrote:
Does S&M count? (If that's not inappropriate to this forum...)

it can :P

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:44 pm

Eialune wrote:
My husband and I hurt each other consensually. It's not exactly BDSM... I don't know what you'd call it. But when days and days of stress and tension build up, or I'm overstimulated or close to a meltdown, we wrestle. Like, headlocks and throwing into walls and bending limbs in directions they're not supposed to go in. It's not torture - torture in the true sense is not exactly common. But we beat the crap out of each other. And it's hard for me to explain without people going "OMG he's abusing you!" because they can't imagine why we'd enjoy it. But it's therapeutic. It helps... take the rest of the world away. And I give as good as I get. :?

I'd say the closest thing to torture is the stuff I've done to myself. I stuck a needle into my thigh, just because I wanted to feel it pass through the different layers of skin and stuff. I've deliberately stuck myself in a vein and "bled" myself until it finally clotted. I've held my hand over fire, and stood barefoot on blacktop in 97 degree heat, until the pain actually brought me to my knees and I fumbled back onto the sand. I've cut off circulation to my hands and fingers, cut myself.

Most of these things were done rather dispassionately, almost experimentally. Some of them, like holding my hand over fire and standing barefoot on blacktop, were a deliberate attempt to find my pain threshold. And some of these were exercises in raising that pain threshold, bit by bit, so that I could withstand more.

Even though I would seriously NOT recommend doing things like that to yourself, it did give me a better understanding of my own body's response to pain. For instance, I have an extremely high tolerance for pain on my hands and arms.... almost a decreased ability to feel pain there. On the other hand, despite growing up on gravel roads and dirt paths, the bottoms of my feet are WAY TOO sensitive, and probably always will be. I know that I can stand sharp pain better than blunt pain, and "twisting" pain (like from bending a joint the wrong way) better than either.

Given my sensory issues, this knowledge is actually kind of helpful because it lets me gauge just how bad an injury is likely to be. It's given me the ability to more accurately decide when I'm in "trouble" and when I just need some Tylenol and rest.

thats not abuse-you both agreeing and enjoy it- :?
people who say thats abuse are idiots
just be careful-keep away from eyes :P
and you'll be fine