Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 10:01 am

BeeBee wrote:
According to an article I read, Supernanny consults an "autism expect" for a family she is working with. This show is set to air Nov 4th. I've never watched Supernanny but I'm interested in what what of expect TVland finds.

BeeBee

I'll be watching. 8)

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 4:38 pm

Asperger's and regular autism are just to boring for the media so they deside to spice it up a little bit :-/. And I too will defiently watch that episode I've thought some of the kids on there before seemed to be quite aspieish and it will be interesting to see an actually dxed one.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 8:41 pm

BeeBee wrote:
According to an article I read, Supernanny consults an "autism expect" for a family she is working with. This show is set to air Nov 4th. I've never watched Supernanny but I'm interested in what what of expect TVland finds.

BeeBee

I know there was a family on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition with an autistic son. Both of the parents were deaf and their younger son was blind and autistic. I thought they did a really good job with that episode, and I'm wondering if anyone else saw it and what they think.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2005, 7:14 pm

I hope one day some media industry decides to come out with a show or film about an AS character who just, well, isn't stereotypical.
You know, one who'll make people see AS for what it is and say, 'Wait, that guy seems "normal"!'.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 5:29 pm

I saw a little clippette of Rainman, and anyway, he was screaming and flapping his hands at water. Yes, water. I, nor does anyone with Asperger's, do certain things like that.