Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

How religious are you?
Poll ended at 26 Oct 2007, 3:33 pm
I live my life to serve God as He wants me to 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
I'm very religious and try to follow the precepts of my religion/church/sect/cult/etc. 12%  12%  [ 8 ]
I believe in God but don't belong to an organized belief group 13%  13%  [ 9 ]
I'm an atheist but believe in a Higher Power 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Organized belief groups (churches, etc.) are corporations, just like McDonald's - there to make money and keep the sheep manageable. 60%  60%  [ 40 ]
Total votes : 67

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Oct 2007, 7:25 pm

well i actually don't know anything real about "Satanism" so i don't know what it means since i have met people claiming to worship satan who were all very different... but since satan was the guy who wanted to FORCE everyone to be the same so we could all get back to heaven with no mistakes... well, i am all about the FREE AGENCY thing and instead... CHOICE! as an alternative plan. so based on my desire to have choices and free agency, i am not a big fan of Satan. (except for the south park kind-- i love that guy.)

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 8:08 pm

I'm mostly agnostic, but I do believe in a higher power. However, my Aspie logic prevents me from believing that there is only one path to God, as the higher power is often called.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

01 Oct 2007, 8:52 pm

i_Am_andaJoy wrote:
...so based on my desire to have choices and free agency, i am not a big fan of Satan. (except for the south park kind-- i love that guy.)

Is it wrong of me that South Park has caused me to actually come to like Satan? 8O

"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes!"

Good fortune,

- Icarus the South Park Satanist

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2007, 10:57 pm

I prayed today. Maybe "playing a part "?

fathom73
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Oct 2007, 11:23 pm

I am a yogi (raja yoga), and I have been for 14 years, although I am not very skilled at following my meditation practice regularly.

My father was a Buddhist. My mother is somewhat of a Buddhist, but she prefers to keep her beliefs to herself. It bothers her when Christians ask her where she goes to church, so she just tells everyone who asks that her religious beliefs are private. I think it's funny.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Oct 2007, 3:14 am

Icarus_Falling wrote:
[
Is it wrong of me that South Park has caused me to actually come to like Satan? 8O

wrong? hehe. the GOOD kind of wrong. :)

(although i agree with the C.S. Lewis idea that the most dangerous thing Satan did was convince the world he did not exist-- that he is just a silly fairy tale with red horns and a tail)

but i am pretty sure it's ok to love South Park. :)

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 3:34 am

According to wikipedia, "The most important holiday in Satanism is one's own birthday, as it is the birthdate of one's own god. This is as a reminder that to a Satanist, you are the most important being in the universe, and to honor your own vital existence and your life. LaVey recommends that a Satanist celebrate his own birthday in any way he chooses, with as much pomp and ceremony as he sees fit."

Sounds good to me! :D

hoqnq
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2007, 4:57 am

Not at all. I'm an atheist. I was baptized catholic though.

maddie

11 Jan 2008, 6:57 am

well i was true believer of the holy god of the big bang stephen hawkings but as i have now read that he does not now believe in the big bang i see no future for my church, so anyone got any new ideas for a evolution based quantum physics church i could set up lmao

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 9:19 am

I'm an Atheist, so I'm not religious at all.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 11:26 am

I am A Buddhist,but I'm more spiritual and moral than religious.

-SpaceCase