Hans Asperger Initially Called AS *Little Professors*

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 11:00 pm

I've been more of a self-propelled and rarely talking correction tool of factual errors throughout my life rather than a "little professor".

Quote:
The school was bombed towards the end of the war, Sister Victorine was killed, the school was destroyed and much of Hans Asperger's early work was lost. It was this event that arguably delayed the understanding of autistic spectrum conditions in the west.

Those allied bastards!

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 1:17 am

How about the cartoon Dexter's Lab? Do you think the idea that Dexter actually was quite literally a little professor, was a nod towards him being Aspie? There was an episode called The Land of the Dee-Dee, where Dee-Dee attempted to help Dexter be more NT. The result was Dexter destroyed half his lab dancing destructively, like Dee-Dee usually does when she dances into his lab to bug him. So she cried and ran away, realizing being NT wasn't for him. Cried because she knew it was wrong of her to try and change Dexter, not because he wasn't going to be NT. I thought I should clarify that.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 6:18 am

My nickname in grade school was "Professor Icheb" (well, not Icheb, but my real first name). I solved all the problems in my first math book within days of receiving it. I spent my spare time watching nature programmes on TV, reading popularized science books and writing science-fiction stories on my parents' Smith-Corona. At ten I launched a student magazine which I wrote most of the articles for, and began to collect newspaper clippings with the intention of compiling an encyclopedia. :roll:

I think my grade school teacher contacted my parents to discuss whether I should skip a class, but they decided I wasn't emotionally mature enough for it.