New Wrong Planet Asperger Group on Facebook

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Living_in_Gin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2008, 8:17 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
Ooh, well if anyone knows how to do that then let me know and I may just join.

On your Facebook home page, look on the left-hand side of the screen where it says "Applications." Next to that, in smaller type, is a link labeled "edit." Click on it. On the next page, find "Groups" among your applications, then click "Edit Settings." For total privacy, change the following settings:

Profile: "No one" or "Only me"
News feed: unchecked
Mini-feed: unchecked

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

15 Jan 2008, 8:20 pm

can you meet friends on this irl or is this just like myspace? where everyone just wants attention ? the whole reason i deleted my myspace is because it was just like being in school again but would join facebook if i knew i had the chance of meeting someone who wasnt superficial

fivecents
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2008, 1:14 am

I think I joined. My facebook is not as developed as my myspace. I need to go to my old harddrive for pics...

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

16 Jan 2008, 1:33 am

Can someone help me out with Facebook questions? :oops:

I signed up under a false name because I have some dire safety concerns about being able to be looked up. As soon as I signed on, Facebook displayed a screen with people whose email addresses are saved in my gmail account. Does that mean that those people now know where I am on Facebook, automatically? That's exactly the sort of thing I can't have happen to me. :(

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 1:39 am

gwenevyn wrote:
Can someone help me out with Facebook questions? :oops:

I signed up under a false name because I have some dire safety concerns about being able to be looked up. As soon as I signed on, Facebook displayed a screen with people whose email addresses are saved in my gmail account. Does that mean that those people now know where I am on Facebook, automatically? That's exactly the sort of thing I can't have happen to me. :(

No. That is an optional step that you can skip. It's there if you want to invite people, or see if your contacts have an account.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

16 Jan 2008, 1:49 am

Thank you!

If I look at someone's profile without "poking" or otherwise making contact, will that person know I looked?

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 1:54 am

Not that I know of.

I don't use Facebook often, though I know the basics on how to use it.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar