What kinds of things do guys do that make you feel good?

Page 8 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 8:41 pm

Sedaka wrote:
you seem to have a negative attitude torwards woman ovr many things... it could be considered misogynistic..

LPP, on the other hand, you have been called a horse frequently enough that I think it's time you considered getting fitted for a saddle.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 11:49 pm

juliekitty wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
According to your many other posts , you also have a lot of issues with men .

Incorrect. I have issues with misogynists.

Men in general, I quite like. In fact, overall I prefer them to women.

But, you're a misanthrope! I'd figure that
PEOPLE, in general, you wouldn't much
like - male and female. :P

Can I get some chocolate?

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 1:17 am

calandale wrote:
juliekitty wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
According to your many other posts , you also have a lot of issues with men .

Incorrect. I have issues with misogynists.

Men in general, I quite like. In fact, overall I prefer them to women.

But, you're a misanthrope! I'd figure that
PEOPLE, in general, you wouldn't much
like - male and female. :P

even misanthropes have needs! mechanical.... needs.... ^_^

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 1:20 am

No question. Just doesn't fit in with

Quote:
Men, in general, I quite like.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 4:50 pm

greenblue wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
So if I just said the reality that i am witnessing around me then I am misogynist?

Well, the attitude points towards to it actually, you recently said that it is an "instinct" that women have. That pretty much sounds like prejudice. Yes, that happens sometimes in some societies or groups or families, such groups put women in an inferior level than men, don't you see? if few women look for wealthy men in a society, that is because of the patriarcal system belief that favors men in this sense, and they have been thought of that mostly because of the dependence they will suppose to have with their future husband.

Rarely this would be the case with independent women who have jobs and/or careers. Not saying a smiliar thing can never happen, it could, but things are not as simple to just take them as a black and white issue.

instincts are always there , sometimes you can fight them ....but they are always there and they are always prime in your personality .
Anyways , no ... i don't see women as inferior but i just seem them as different and so have different needs . Lebanon is not a typical arab country , the society is modestly liberal here (although in some parts of lebanon it's like how you are describing) and a lot of women work including my mother who was always a math teacher for highschool but here success is a must for women otherwise he can't be a potential husband , it's just the way it is.

What i was saying is just reality and reality is not always in pink , the average salary here is $500 here/month here my salary for example is $700/month for 8,5 hrs of working per day over 5 days of the week .
The habitat costs were always insanely crazy , the cheapest apartment in Beirut is about $100,000 so I need 100000/700*12 = 11.9 years to own an apartment (without eating and paying any bills:lol:) . The rent costs are also insanely high , i am paying $350 out of $700 (because i live with a roommate) and things are not going better after the July War in 2006 :
http://indexmundi.com/lebanon/gdp_real_growth_rate.html

I had 2 friends who each one of them were in very serious relationships with their gfs and they broke up for financial reasons : girls are no more patient to wait , they are getting close to age 25 unmarried (and this is considered as shame here in most families , don't ask me why ...i never understood stupid traditions) the parents usually also push their daughter away if they see that her bf/fiancee still needs a lot of time to become wealthy enough to afford marriage .

Are there some girls who are ready to work hard with the guy for love? maybe there's few ...but i never met or saw anyone like this . In fact , i heard girls telling me honestly that if the guy can't afford a comfortable marriage life then why wasting time with him ? That's why most girls of 20s here get married with :
- The older Lebanese guys ie. 30 yrs old and above
-The Lebanese guys who work abroad
-the single guys and princes from the Gulf countries who come here each summer searching for beauty in future brides which it seems to be a very rare resource in their countries , HA! :lol:

Other than that , i know no other guy of my age living here is getting married or at least having a relationship without the headache caused by the financial issues vs marriage planning.

As for me, I prefer to be outside of this materialistic dirty game ....right now i am trying to find a work abroad using employment agency , Europe and US seem to not be an option for me since their embassies are putting too many obstacles fearing of terrorists leaking ,so the only option for me is to work in the one of the Gulf countries and there where i am searching , note that i am searching work there for better life and not for love or girl .Note also that the Gulf countries is not a very bright future , they exploit the lebanese labor there at best giving them minimum salaries but still are better than here .

Being raised by a worker mother making me impossibly to be a misogynist so I don't hate women but I don't love them either (just attracted to some of them ) nor i love men too , that 's why i have very few friends ...so anyone who said this accusation I would like to for put in her/his mouth a soap and then close it with a glue afterward . Besides , I am atheist and not religious ...usually only religious people believe in this inequality BS ie. men are superior (no offense ragtime ,an thanks for defending me btw) but I believe in nature laws and so i believe that men and women are wired different in many ways.
I am just cold , bitter maybe because I don't believe in unconditional love or romantic love , only 'love' with benefits exists in reality and in nature . Answer me this question : Does romantic love exists in nature?

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 14 Oct 2007, 9:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2007, 5:02 pm

Remember what I say!! !

If I like somebody, whether as a friend or something more, I remember EVERYTHING we talk about in those first few weeks of meetings. However, I am always disappointed when somebody (particularly a guy) asks me one day, "Do you like [whatever]?" and then the next week asks me the SAME QUESTION.

I was very impressed by one guy that I met last year who remembered everything I told him. If I mentioned I missed root beer from the US (I live in London part of the year), a week later he would mention that he had just tried root beer, or found out where I could buy some, etc. I felt so important because he remembered me.

So I think listening and remembering is the sweetest thing. :D

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2007, 5:04 pm

For some reason I never want to post an innocent reply to the first post in the middle of some important discussion that has taken over a thread, but I just did, haha.

AdrianB
Toucan
Toucan

13 Oct 2007, 5:05 pm

I like to listen to some good loud music, it always gives me a good mood.
Or make fun with my friends and laugh about extremely stupid stuff.
Or have a beer with some friends (and then make fun and etc.)

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 6:30 pm

Quirky_Girl72 wrote:
It's the little things that count! For ex:
Just letting me vent, w/ out trying to fix my 'problem'

I have trouble with that one.

If I say anything about the problem, I find I have little to say and I get accused of not caring. If I do say something about the problem, I am not just letting her vent. After a while, I have had enough of the venting and think, just get over it. :?

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 9:14 pm

calandale wrote:
But, you're a misanthrope! I'd figure that PEOPLE, in general, you wouldn't much like - male and female. :P

Quite right. But I can generally get along fine with men. Women usually seem to get hostile or cold towards me, a propos of nothing, for some reason I've never really understood.

calandale wrote:

Sorry, that offer's for LPP if he can prove I've posted about my issues with men. However, it looks like my candy is safe.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 10:05 pm

juliekitty wrote:
calandale wrote:
But, you're a misanthrope! I'd figure that PEOPLE, in general, you wouldn't much like - male and female. :P

Quite right. But I can generally get along fine with men. Women usually seem to get hostile or cold towards me, a propos of nothing, for some reason I've never really understood.

Probably they're less interested in shagging you.

Quote:
calandale wrote:

Sorry, that offer's for LPP if he can prove I've posted about my issues with men. However, it looks like my candy is safe.

I know a guy who's tough but sweet
He's so fine, he can't be beat
He's got everything that I desire
Sets the summer sun on fire

I want candy, I want candy

Go to see him when the sun goes down
Ain't no finer boy in town
You're my guy, just what the doctor ordered
So sweet, you make my mouth water

Candy on the beach, there's nothing better
But I like candy when it's wrapped in a sweater
Some day soon I'll make you mine,
Then I'll have candy all the time

I want candy, I want candy...

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 9:11 am

juliekitty wrote:
calandale wrote:

Aren't you generalizing women now? Then why you were criticizing me ?

calandale wrote:

Sorry, that offer's for LPP if he can prove I've posted about my issues with men. However, it looks like my candy is safe.[/quote]

this can be shown in your 'attitude' :P

did you read my long post in page 8 btw , I explained everything there about "bitterness".

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 10:52 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
this can be shown in your 'attitude' :P

Nice use of the passive voice.

Why don't you either show it, or shut up about it?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 2:05 pm

^^ seek them by yourself .

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 2:07 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
^^ seek them by yourself .

Serious cop out. If you don't have the
will to make an ATTEMPT to back up
what you say, why expect the accused
to dig up damning evidence? Or is it
that you hope their own insecurities
are enough to make them more
critical of themselves?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 11:33 am

^^ look ....seriously now , I dislike women's common behaviors/mentality as much juliekitty dislike women's behaviors/mentality as she mentioned in her last post, so no one is better than the other. So it's better for juliekitty to stop blaming me ...when she stops generalizing about women , i ll stop too. I think this is fair enough.

Besides juliekitty has a complex called " every man who criticize or say some common facts about women = women-hater " (which is not always true)
and you see that clearly in her posts on a very long time .

btw, i explained myself in the long post at page 8.