Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 11:43 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Tone of voice means a lot. As I've said before, one bad thing can hurt a person's feelings tremendously.

And, sadly, there is no tone of voice or anything to tell what people mean online. :( Though I doubt that'd do much good over here! ;)

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2005, 8:34 am

I think it's a blessing that people can talk online because if they do, social interaction is made as easy as possible for them. As for social interaction face to face, you should also watch it. That is why I was shocked by the original post in this thread when I read it.

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2005, 11:37 am

HugoBlack wrote:
Lionize wrote:
Well said, Jason. Anaconda, are you sure these "emo" people are actually Christians? From what you've said, they seem to be stereotyped Christians at best.

He seems to be referring to a class of people known as "straight-edge," whom I regard as Christians in name only. They identify themselves as Christians, to the point of tattooing themselves with crosses etc., and abstain from drugs, sex, and alcohol. The abstinence is not a problem, it's their vocalness about it that winds up being the major issue. They are often violent, sticking together in large groups at concerts, jumping around and hurting others and blaming their victims for what they percieve to be their sins.

Two words: American Taliban.[/quote]

As a Christian, even I am overly annoyed by Christians who claim they are perfect. Look, even I know that even if you abstain from drugs, sex, rock and roll and booze, there is no way you can even be perfect. Even the Bible says, "There is not one who is riteous, not even one." I will admit I lust, and I cuss when angry. Those are things I must work on.

As far as kids who have nice cars, if they saved up for their rich car like I had to do, then I don't have a problem. It's the ones whose parents buy a nice new car for them and pay their insurance. Not saying they all turn out snotty, but the majority of kids who expect daddy to pay for everything, those experiences have not been plesant.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2005, 11:44 am

Arrogance is not the answer to anything like that. Aaron, you hit the nail on the head.