4) Howard

:)

I ADORE this show! :D

-- Emerson

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 10:43 pm

I don't know if I'd consider Howard an Aspie. He's just an uber nerd. I think Sheldon and Rajesh are Aspies for sure and Leonard, I'm still on the fence about.

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Apr 2009, 1:00 pm

Bataar wrote:
I don't know if I'd consider Howard an Aspie. He's just an uber nerd. I think Sheldon and Rajesh are Aspies for sure and Leonard, I'm still on the fence about.

Well Sheldon definitely because of the way he is & Rajesh because he can't to women (he just can't it's impossible for him unless he thinks he is drunk a placebo effect or he's not paying attention to them or he knows they are family). Leonard I would think has some aspie like characteristics but then again all of them are uber nerds (which I can understand their social difficulties)

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good

Jollygood
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2009, 7:43 am

I think only Sheldon is 100% Aspie: Raj was able to talk to women when he went through an arrogance phase when he won an award, and can talk to women with alcohol, so its more anxiety. Howard and Leonard also have at least some girlfriends, and its hard to be sure with them: they could have fit the criteria fully when younger! It is a great show: I hope it gets more popular.

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2009, 8:53 pm

Yeah I hope it stays on the air it's one of my favorite shows they will release season 2 on DVD soon (along with both season 1 & 2 on blueray)

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 1:16 am

OMG, after tonight's episode, there's no doubt about Sheldon having Asperger's. With his comments regarding small talk and his inability to recognize facial expressions, I was like, "that's me! (only not as smart)."

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 10:36 am

Two of my favourite clips:

Sheldon is apparently the only one who understands Rogues :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEkmO3gQQAs[/youtube]

Totally pointless, waste of time and energy, really geeky - and really cool!:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW9FbjjkKo4[/youtube]

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 11:33 am

Bataar wrote:
OMG, after tonight's episode, there's no doubt about Sheldon having Asperger's. With his comments regarding small talk and his inability to recognize facial expressions, I was like, "that's me! (only not as smart)."

Yeah the small talk and not being able to understand body language and facial expressions really did put Sheldon well into the AS category.

notbrianna
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2009, 7:40 pm

Yeah when I saw that I thought of WP :lol: I'm actually suprised that Sheldon's admitting to having aspie traits didn't get its own thread. Raj I don't think is an aspie-just a stranger in a strange land.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 10:54 pm

Do you guys think Sheldon puts Aspies in a negative or positive light? If you were telling someone you had Asperger's and they didn't know what it was, would you feel comfortable saying that Sheldon probably has it knowing you would be comparing yourself to him?

mistercheech
Raven
Raven

29 Apr 2009, 5:08 am

lol pretty sure most aspies are less hilarious than he is. i'd be pretty comfortable about it. they'd just be like "oh, sheldon! he's hilarious!"

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2009, 7:50 pm

When I saw that episode & Sheldon was telling Penny I can't understand how you'd be uncomfortable she states that she is uncomfortable (Sheldon at this point is trying to understand "friends with benefits" since that was what Howard & Leslie were). I stated at the TV that Sheldon has asperger's so that is why he acts like that but then again who here hasn't acted in a similar way before?

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 8:41 pm

The small talk line was the best for me. He was trying to make small talk with Penny and she was telling him about her job and he interrupted and said something a long the lines of being sorry, but finding it totally uninteresting. That's me exactly. I have more tact than Sheldon and wouldn't do that to a person. I just try to avoid occasions where uninteresting small talk is likely to occur. Needless to say, my dating life is about as exciting as Sheldon's.

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2009, 7:59 pm

It's not that small talk is uninteresting for me as it is for Sheldon it is that sometimes I assume that others are rational (when in fact they are not something Sheldon himself might assume heck even Leonard would assume that (because geeks as we know are rational except when it comes to love & nobody is rational when that's involved)

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 1:04 am

Well, damn, 5 months to go until the season 3 premiere. I miss it already.

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2009, 6:15 pm

Especially the fact that in the Season 2 final Sheldon had the others working in subzero temperatures until Leonard comes up with the idea to assemble everything inside and then take it outside (Sheldon's response I haven't thought of that is perfect for him reminds me of a brain freeze)