Grandmama 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Thing 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Thing 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2004, 9:06 pm

i much prefer the older version. the newer version isnt as interesting to me at all.

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2004, 10:12 pm

alex wrote:
Do you like the old ones better?

To tell you the truth, I've never seen the cartoons or the new series. I've only seen the three movies and the '60's Addams Family. How I know all that stuff about the cartoons and The New Addams Family Series is from the websites I posted links to. I also know that *THE OLD FESTER* (Jackie Coogan) is better at playing the role than *THE NEW FESTER* (Michael Roberds [I think.]). How do I know? In a picture on an Addams website (entitled "Fester worries over Gomez and Morticia's marriage"), he looks like (this might be kind of gross for you but) he's going to barf. :oops: (No, I'm not embarrassed, but it's the closest thing to vomiting in the emoticons. :mrgreen: : Second closest.) I would post the image if it wasn't copyrighted (and if they hadn't wrote that it was copyrighted in such a threatening way! I mean, just "(c) So-and-so, inc. All rights reserved." is enough.). Come to think of it, the picture IS funny, but just not in the way that Fester from the old series was, although I'm not sure Fester was going to throw up. Also, since when was Fester's skin blue?

7/26 update

Michael Roberds wrote:
I still think I have some Death Grey makeup (the actual color used) under my skin working it's way out!

I also wonder how anybody can call blue "Death Grey" while keeping a straight face. Seriously!

Last edited by Mich on 26 Jul 2004, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2004, 11:11 am

:?: I always thought festers skin was more of a gray-white then blue...??

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2004, 9:08 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
:?: I always thought festers skin was more of a gray-white then blue...??

I don't think it was ever gray-white. Here are the colors it was:

TV series ('60's)-- It's kind of hard to tell since it's in black-and-white.
'70's cartoon-- I never saw it, (and the picture of the cartoon characters [on the websites] was in black-and-white) so I wouldn't know.
1977 Halloween movie-- I need to check. I'll edit this as soon as I find out.
Movies (1, Values)--white (the skin color, not the regular color)
'90's cartoon-- pale (at least it is on my 1992 Fester action figure)
Movies (Reunion)-- a little paler than it was in the first two Addams Family movies
*THE NEW*-- blue!! ! (Were the makeup artists for The New Addams Family Series color-blind or what? :x It's an insult to Fester!! !)

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2004, 1:56 pm

The "Favorite Character" poll has ended! Unfortunately, Poll 2 won't be posted until tomorrow. Please don't vote for the "Favorite Character" poll, which will be up until tomorrow. Here are the results:

Character :arrow: Percentage/Number of votes
Gomez :arrow: 0%/0
Morticia :arrow: 14%/1
Pugsley :arrow: 0%/0
Wednesday :arrow: 28%/2
Fester :arrow: 0%/0
Lurch :arrow: 0%/0
Grandmama :arrow: 0%/0
Thing :arrow: 57%/4

Total Votes: 7

I was surprised about how popular Thing is! I never thought Thing would be THAT popular, compared to Gomez, Wednesday, and Fester, who I thought would get more votes than they did! Then again, I voted for Thing! :mrgreen:

:!: Mich :?:

NOTE: Sorry for all the emoticons.

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2004, 5:51 pm

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/theaddamsfamily.html

It's mostly shopping, but it's also got interesting facts, the lyrics to the theme song, and MORE! (Yes, I always do the "and MORE" thing, for those who doubt there's more.)

Another link brought to you from across the web by:

"I'm not insulted by people calling me weird. I'm insulted by them calling me normal!"

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2004, 4:01 pm

http://www.lkessler.com/addams.shtml

A website for fans of The New Addams Family Series, although people who have never seen the new series might enjoy it, too. (Mich-tested, like all the other Addams websites I've posted) It has an episode guide, quotes, interviews with cast members, and lots of other stuff like that. (Aren't you glad I stopped saying "and MORE!"?)

neutron189
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jul 2004, 12:17 pm

alex wrote:
I used to watch the Addams family, but I watched a show called "The Munsters" more, since it was on tv more. It is like the Addams family, and its in black and white.

my dad watched the munsters too

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2004, 8:11 pm

They are the only network that I know of that plays The Addams Family and I got all excited tonight to see them and guess what was on...The Jeffersons! It's not an Addams show! I hate TVLand's stupid schedule!! ! They play too much Munsters and Andy Griffeth and not nearly enough Addams! And when The Addams family IS on, they only show one episode!! ! Anybody else just hate that schedule of theirs?!?

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

14 Jul 2004, 8:14 pm

TV Land is probably having several episodes of "The Jefferson's" this evening, because Isabel Sanford (also known as "Wheezy") passed away earlier this week.

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2004, 8:44 pm

Did you hear? Ever since I posted the link to the Lurch Files, it's been getting more hits! That means more people came there! Stop staring like this announcement's crazy! I know it's not something like "Attempt To Clone Charles Addams Is Successful" or something like that, but it's kind of interesting to me! Thanks.

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2004, 6:08 pm

COMPARING: the Addams family to my family

Addams family | my family
4 shows, 3 movies about them | Do Pencam Trio movies count?
stuffed bear in living room | Mimi (cardboard-box robot sculpture) in family room
they're creepy and they're kooky | they're dorky and they're (kind of) crazy (No offense, family.)
have a butler named Lurch | have a paper puppet named "Ryan Butler" (Don't ask.)
not on TVLand tonight (look at the date this was posted) | on computers when this was posted (at least I was)

Sorry this was so short.

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2004, 10:09 am

http://www.freewebs.com/addamsfamley

A website from the programmer who brought you Matthewsoft and the so-called "Ferret Expert" who brought you the idea for Kids' Crater. In case you don't know who these people are, they're Neutron189 and Mich! Just finished. Includes movies and photos, a chatroom, and lots of other stuff coming soon!

Last edited by Mich on 26 Jul 2004, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neutron189
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2004, 8:28 am

Mich wrote:
http://www.freewebs.com/addamsfamley

A website from the programmer who brought you Matthewsoft and the so-called "Ferret Expert" who brought you the idea for Kids' Crater. In case you don't know who these people are, they're Neutron189 and Mich! Currently under construction. Includes a video of Lurch speaking.
(NOTE: Lurch video also available on Matthewsoft.)

http://www.freewebs.com/addamsfamley is no longer under construction it is complete :!: Mich and I completed it last night :!:
It is cool. it even has a fourm and a chatroom.

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2004, 9:45 pm

And now, without further to do, here's some Addams Family-related news and/or updates by Mich.

I was just listening to some sounds from The New Addams Family Series (from The Lurch Files) and they were more than a little weird. I was surprised at how un-Addams-like the theme song for the new series was (it must have been a spoof of The Cosby Show theme song that one season on there [it sounded like the exact same tune, only with more sound effects and vocals]). They should have kept the lyrics to the original and just made a remake of that, if you ask me.

A couple I didn't understand very well. "Jealous?" is the perfect example. I could hardly understand the guy's voice in that sound clip. All I could tell was it was probably *THE NEW* Gomez.

Other observations include that, in the new series, Cousin Itt's voice sounded different than I remembered the last time I saw an episode of The (classic) Addams Family (which was several days ago, I think). To me, Cousin Itt's new voice sounds like a cheap imitation (or, chances are, an expensive imitation, or maybe talent these days is just harder to find than it was forty years ago). But I have to admit that relief comes(sorry, I'm just a little bit of a drama queen) when I get to the last one, "Care for a nightcap?". Hard to believe they found a better voice for Fester than they did for Cousin Itt, although I still think Pap (my own grandfather) does a better "Fester" voice than Michael Roberds (but I highly doubt he'd accept the offer if he got the chance). Maybe I was just playing favorites, again.

This post has been brought to you by:
www.freewebs.com/addamsfamley
"Only a click away...hopefully."
________________________--Mich

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2004, 6:59 pm