Do you have a high voice or a younger than your age voice?

Page 1 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 4:45 am

My voice is commented on all the time. I sound like a very young girl and usually people don't believe it when I tell them how old I am (48). I think it has to do with being a young person at heart.

Just for today, I will accept myself just as I am.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 5:45 am

My voice is quite deep n it sounds a lot mature den me age.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 8:16 am

I always had a kind of heavy voice when i was a teenager.
At age 12 people thought they were talking to my father when i answered the phone.

Dave089
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Oct 2007, 1:50 pm

hmmmm well i started out with a high pitched feminine voice but as soon as i hit puberty it changed to this lower pitched voiced with a lisp

quite wierdd

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 6:35 pm

My natural voice is higher than the average male - however, that comes in handy as I can sing both tenor and (all but the very deepest) bass, as well as bend my voice into all kinds of crazy comical sounds and voices. :)

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 9:39 am

I've often been quoted as having a voice like a foghorn to put it mildy still, when I get angry then my voice tone goes up..

ProfessorX

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 3:01 pm

I have a normal-pitched voice for my age, which is 17.
I sound very nasally when I am talking on the phone or hearing recordings of myself because my sinuses are permanently stuffed up.
Some people think I sound much older because of this.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 7:40 pm

I hate the way my voice sounds on tape. It is high and little girlish.

Curiously, I sound like I have an English accent, even though I am American.

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2007, 10:45 pm

My voice sounds pretty deep and kind of... I don't know, wry? in my head. I can't stand hearing myself recorded, because apparently my voice is actually wispy and soft. The weirdest thing is, my voice sounds very hesitant. Like the timing is off in my head, and even though I think I'm speaking normally, it sounds like I'm pausing and speaking oddly. I can't really explain it.

loske

16 Oct 2007, 5:57 am

Just the other day someone rang my home and said "can I speak to your mummy or daddy please?" and I was so shocked I didn't know what to say- "Ummmmmmmmmmmm.........They don't live here, I'm 26". So yes, my voice must sound like a little kid.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 11:50 am

My voice is normal for my size and sex.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 12:03 pm

EvilKimEvil wrote:
I also have a round face, a small button nose, and big eyes. I think this combination of traits could be the reason people think I'm so innocent . . . until they get to know me better. :twisted:

hehe :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 6:39 pm

EvilKimEvil wrote:
I also have a round face, a small button nose, and big eyes. I think this combination of traits could be the reason people think I'm so innocent . . . until they get to know me better. :twisted: People also think I'm a lot younger than I am. I mean, I'm 28 and people think I'm in high school.

:lol:

dongiovanni
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Apr 2008, 2:00 pm

I definitely don't have the excessively high voice problem as my voice is (right now) that of a lyric baritone. I often think that my voice sounds deeper than it is, but it is certainly not high. And in the morning, I'm a dramatic bass.

I won't translate it because it doesn't mean anything.

theQuail
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Apr 2008, 3:52 pm

My voice can be somewhat low for a female, possibly because I find that pitch range easier to hear over other noise (I talk softly) or it takes too much effort to stretch my vocal cords further. It can go surprisingly high when I'm nervous, though. I don't know what it sounds like to other people... really fast, nearly inaudible and with a slightly odd pronunciation.

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2008, 5:24 pm

i sound like a little kid... especially on tape. one of my classmates recorded my voice for a storyboarding project, and when it was playing, one of my other classmates commented "that woman sounds like a little kid!!" XD i was like "gee, thanks.." lol... but i didn't really take offense, i just thought it was funny. but she didn't know it was my voice, or she probably wouldn't have said anything.