Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 1:28 pm

My father's mother died of cancer... I was at her wake and funeral...

My father's father died also of disease... I wasn't at his. My dad didn't want me to miss a day of school. He resented his father for beating him and never took me to visit him, and never visited him himself. He didn't want me around him. When someone at the funeral asked where I was, he told the truth... that I was at school and he didn't want me to miss a day of school! I didn't even know he was dead until after the funeral.

An old woman, Mrs. Roots, who lived in our building died and me and my mother popped into the wake, I saw her dead in her coffin, my mother signed the book thing, and we popped out...

My mother's stepfather abused her when she was a kid so she was just like, "He's dead now" when he died... I saw the grave; the tombstone was handmade and very amateurish, and the people who made it didn't even have skill, let alone talent! It was something a little kid could have made!

My father's uncle Dan died but I had a volunteer session at the vets' hospital the day of the funeral so didn't go. My dad complained about the outrageous way Dan's wife Audrey acted there.

Christopher Gallant, a boy who went to the high school I went to in grade 11 died in his sleep one night. They were doing an autopsy to determine if drugs were involved. He was in grade 10; he was pretty popular, a good student and into sports, and many people were sad. His parents made a speech later on that year... I don't think I ever met Chris though.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 1:42 pm

Mark Wilson and Dan Rockwood, kids I knew who had at least an ounce of respect for me.. Everyone else.. I dont give a s**t.

Slink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2007, 1:51 pm

Hi, Ana. I know you get alot of flak for your threads, but I don't think they're spam. They make me think alot, abot things I haven't considered in a while. So I just want to say I enjoy your threads very much.

My grandfather died in '89. He was a WWII hero, and he had some incredible stories to tell about about Normandy. My God, they were good enough to make a movie about. I always loved to hear him talk about his experience in the War, and he loved to talk about it. There's a famous picture of Gen. Patton standing in front of a bridge rebuilt by the 7th Armored Divison (The Mighty Midgets) in Germany. My Grandfather's in it.

My Grandmother (his wife) died not long ago. The night she died, there were alot of weird things happening in my house. I'm not usually one for the supernatural, but... a portrait of her sister fell down and broke, a lightbulb went out in my room, tealight pots overheated and shattered... alot of strange things happened the night my Grandmother died.

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 2:09 pm

My father was 42 when he committed suicide in 1991. He used carbon monoxide from a gas water heater.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 2:17 pm

I have had a couple relatives die, and my mother's mother, but in the times when I have seen funerals, I was too young to grasp the significance of death.

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 2:22 pm

my dad strangled himself in 1995
a 14y boy I was helping to learn to read hung himself because of school
a friend took an overdose of pills
my sister-in-law died suddenly of brain hemoragh
my uncle had a heart-attack at 32y
my grandad died of lung cancer
my nan died of thrombosis
I had a job sitting with people who had no family while they died so they wouldn't be alone.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 3:07 pm

My grandmother - 5 years ago (a skin cancer)
My grandfather - 11 years ago (pneumonia)
My uncle - 15 years ago (heart stroke)
My grandfather's brother (I don't know exactly what was a cause of death; probably a cancer)
My two teachers (art and German language) - 4 years ago (cancer in both cases)
My cousin - 10 years ago (stomach cancer)

starlighter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2007, 3:21 pm

tough question,

- The first I remember, my 4th grade teacher, because she was old .. (more than 65 .. )

- My grand-grandfather, cause he was old ..

- My aunt, sister of my mother, at 41, of cancer ..

- My mother, at 52 of cancer ..

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 3:40 pm

I know so many people that died...
My father due to cancer last year at age 57
My brother due to a car accident 7 years ago at age 19 1/2
My brothers friend due to spring break accident 6 years ago
More of my brothers friends died from several problems
My friend who died I think 2 years ago from a car accident
My other friend who died 3 years ago from a freak heart attack
My grandmother and grandfather who died when I was 3
My other grandfather who died when I was 12
My uncle who died from severe sleep apnea
My neighbor who died last year from cancer
My other neighbor who died from old age recently
My close friends grandfather died from Alzeimers and Heart problems
My close friends fried died from a brain a tumor when he was 14
My fathers friend who died of cancer last year

Yea thats all I can think of right now.. I know theres more, I've been to so many wakes and funerals, I can't count anymore :cry: !

Ana, by the way I like your posts too, they make things fun :) !

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 4:42 pm

I don't know anyone who has ever died, but some people to whom I have owed money have mysteriously disappeared over the years. ;)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 6:38 pm

Believe it or not, my grandmother (on my mom's side) died of anorexia and bulimia. She was very sick in her mind.

My grandfather (on my dad's side) died of lupus.

I also had numerous pets that died, mostly cats, though earlier this year the only dog I ever had was euthanized.

Maxx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2007, 9:16 pm

Clearly one of the more cheerful threads here on wrongplanet...

My grandma about four years ago. I think thats it lately, although my uncle, who is awesome, seems to be near death...thats gonna suck.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 3:51 am

Very few people have died that I knew. One grandfather when I was 4, and one grandmother a few years ago from a sudden onset of ALS of all things. She had previously been exceptionally healthy for her age.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Oct 2007, 11:43 am

- My grandmother on my dads side got killed in a car accident (stupid kid ran stop sign killing her and I hope it haunts him for the rest of his life)

- My grandfather on my dads side died a few mounths after grandmom died

- My great grandmother on my moms side died when I was 11

- A guy I went to school with shot himself in 11th grade

- My friend from where I used to work got shot to death by his father

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 8:45 pm

Oh yeah, this woman who was in the same building as us and Mrs. Roots died too (she was an acquaintance of my mother, and my friend Terrance at the YMCA, and when I was 15 or 16 this woman we lived next to who was our acquaintance/friend and died of an aneurysm a few feet away from us behind the wall, I think.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 8:53 pm

All of my grandparents. They ranged in age from 70 to 91 at the time of their deaths.

Many pets, some of which got quite old. Samantha, my first Siamese, lived to be 20.

I knew several people who committed suicide and some who were murdered.

My first doctor died of lung cancer in Germany at the age of 82.

Several friends of the family have died of various types of cancer.