Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 8:53 pm

All of my grandparents. They ranged in age from 70 to 91 at the time of their deaths.

Many pets, some of which got quite old. Samantha, my first Siamese, lived to be 20.

I knew several people who committed suicide and some who were murdered.

My first doctor died of lung cancer in Germany at the age of 82.

Several friends of the family have died of various types of cancer.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 9:00 pm

Oh, 9CatMom, that reminds me of my and my mom's family doctor, Dr. Marksfield, who got old, got sick and died. My fish Jeremy also died after I had him for one day and my bird Tweety, and my dad's fish Sid, and my guppies, and the ants I killed when I was an evil little kid, but let's just limit this thread to people and pets.

AspieMartian
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2007, 9:30 pm

Most recently - my father.

Also:

An aunt, an uncle and both grandmothers have passed away during my life. I wasn't particuarly close to any of them but I knew them.

I have several friends who have died over the last 23 years, for a variety of reasons. I don't see any need to post how they died, only that they were friends, they are remembered and they are missed.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Dec 2007, 12:15 am

nobody that is related to me has died

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 12:33 am

Both of my grandfathers are dead. I don't know about my paternal grandmother, but my maternal grandmother has to be close to death.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 1:13 am

My great grandmother died well over a decade ago. I never got to meet her. My dad blamed her for his grandfather's early death. She was full blood Cherokee. Didn't attend the funeral.

My aunt on my mothers side died a few weeks after we had visited sometime in the 1990's. I'm not sure what she died of. My mother said some nasty things about her, but I thought she was nice. Didn't attend the funeral for financial reasons as we had spent all the extra money we had on our trip up there.

My grandfather on my mother's side died late 2003 after several large heart attacks, he didn't die of heart attack though. I barely knew him, but I met him at least and still have a pocket knife he gave me. He served in WWII in the army, but I don't know any more about it. Never really talked to him, he was grumpy and could be verbally abusive. Went up there for the first time since the visit before our aunt died, for his funeral.

My dad died in 2004. He was found in his truck parked in a Wal-Mart parking lot after he was missing for a week. They don't know the cause. We(my siblings and I) believe it was assisted suicide by our stepmother. Her previous husband also died mysteriously. And she put down perfectly good dogs, treated them like inanimate objects she could purchase and dispose of at her whim. She's one of a few people I genuinely hate. I attended his funeral.

My uncle, the youngest of my mothers siblings(there were 5) died of heart failure a few months after my dad did. My mom was on a Vegas trip and decided her trip took priority so we didn't attend his funeral. He was her favorite sibling.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Dec 2007, 2:10 am

The first boy I ever "French Kissed" and had a crush on blew his brains out when he was 21
My Mom of cancer 2 1/2 years ago
and my 19 year old daughter 4 years 10 mos 9 days ago. I'll probably NEVER know exactly how.
I always wonder what she'd be like now at 24. Don't want to think about it anymore.
My condolences to you all by the way.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

05 Dec 2007, 3:11 am

My great-grandfather died in June, 2007 of cancer.
He was a WWII hero, served in the airforce as an engineer. He worked as a part of the crew on some kind of huge aeroplane, I can't remember what it was called.

My great-grandmother died in 1997 of a heart attack.
She also served in WW2 in the air force, I am not sure what she did specifically though.

My great-aunty died in 2001 of a stroke.
She had already had a stroke before then and was paralyzed from the waist down, the second stroke was the big one that killed her. Not sure of her previous occupation.

My uncle died in 1993 or parkinsons disease.
He was also an alcoholic and had done severe damge to his liver which contributed to his death. Again...not sure of his previous occupation. I was two years old when he died, so I barely knew him and his death had little effect on me.

My half-cousin died in 1999 from suicide.
I wont write any details here about the specifics of how he died. He was a student though, studying to be a dairy farmer before he took his life.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 8:00 am

Our first dog, Olga, was euthanized at age 2
Our first cat, Sandra, was euthanized at age 12
A cat we had along with Sandra, Tigra, was ran over by a sick driver
Our second dog, Buster, was euthanized at age 2

My great-grandfather died in 1996, at age 81
The father of a friend of mine got shot in 1999
This friend of mine commited suicide 9 months later
My great-grandmother died in 2001, at age 93
One aunt of my father died in 2005 of cancer

I probably know more people who have died.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 4:28 pm

My father and my uncle (mother's brother) have both died this year.Although they
were in their 70s they both died suddenly and unexpectedly.
Last year it was another uncle and a family friend. I read in a newspaper about the death (suicide) of a former colleague.We weren't close friends or anything but it
was still a shock to hear that about an acquaintance.
A few years ago I met someone briefly on a training course and later heard in the
news that he'd died in a helicopter crash (he was a pilot).

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 4:39 pm

my stepfather. my grandfather. various pets. random people I've known where i find out and say "really... hmmm. well, that was unexpected."

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 4:45 pm

My grandparents. A bunch of family members who I was never close to.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 2:40 pm

Irulan wrote:
My grandmother - 5 years ago (a skin cancer)
My grandfather - 11 years ago (pneumonia)
My uncle - 15 years ago (heart stroke)
My grandfather's brother (I don't know exactly what was a cause of death; probably a cancer)
My two teachers (art and German language) - 4 years ago (cancer in both cases)
My cousin - 10 years ago (stomach cancer)

My American Literature teacher died two years ago (heart attack, I think he had a cardiac defect)
When I was in high school, a janitor from our school I knew and sometimes talked with died (I don't know of what, I just saw the obituary)
Some elderly man who was a friend of my cousin's family and often took care of her daughters when they were little )cancer, probably)

These are the people about whom I can say I knew them; there were also some people who died and whom I knew but only more or less by sight (like the wife of this elderly man or some other old lady who was a hunchback or another old woman who used to be my grandparents' neighbor and who suffered from schizophrenia).

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 3:02 pm

Let's see:

Even though it says I died in 1954 I have seen

My mother-1901. Died of pneumonia. No one was sad to see her go.
My father-1908. His last words: "I've had enough. I've been president, and I've done great things. It's your turn."
My second girlfriend-1906. Murdered
My sister, Ellen-1909. Cancer claimed her life.
My good friend the admiral-1911. An assasin fired two bullets into his abdomen.
My sister-in-law-1914. What a tormented soul she was. She never thought she fit in anywhere. She committed suicide by hanging herself.
My first wife-1939. Took ill suddenly and died.
My other sister in law-1982. I guess she just gave up.
My second Wife-1995. Two days after her 100th.
My little sister-1991. Just two months of age.
My grandmother-2007. It was at this point where I had gone back to the republic. I had my back turned on them for so long.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 3:10 pm

Everybody in my immediate famliy except for two family members.
Also, a couple of my best friends.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 4:12 pm

Looking back over my old post from the 1st page in this thread... I can't believe it's only been 3 years since my dog was put to sleep! It feels like she's been gone forever.