Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 11:39 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
It's just the solitary female thing.

Primitive male brain says"mumph, solitary female, must approach, maybe carry back to cave..."

:P :lol: Argh, the imagery

Mumph, me strong. You pretty.

Mumph, you very pretty. Me like. Me protect you. You make babies. Come to cave NOW.

*Runs for the hills singing 'The hills are alive...with the sound of Cavemen...' *

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 12:19 am

Mummph. No run. Me take you. Me drag you to cave. You pretty. Make babies.

holdsteady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2007, 4:12 am

Graelwyn wrote:
holdsteady wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
I don't mind if they are there, it is simply that when there is a whole place full of empty tables and they have their own company, I don't get why they need to sit in a table near to you.

Well, i dont get why you are so bothered about what table they sit at.
I could understand it if they sat next to you or opposite.
Maybe you look like a very open and welcoming person. I don't - people tend to avoid me.
lol

When tables are lined up in a row and someone is sat facing you at next one, it can be very uncomfortable if you hate eye contact....and people tend to look at me, god knows why...but yes, the open looking person might be true since people seem to smile at me all the time and ask me for directions etc.

I guess I am just in a very anti-social mood lately. :P

A tip from the pros - move seats.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 7:44 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Have you ever sat down somewhere, in a cafe or restaurant, in a nice quiet spot, only to have a noisy group come and sit at the next table when there is a whole room of empty tables??

Nothing is more irritating than when you find a quiet spot, only for a sheeperson to come along and invade your space... lost count of number of times someone has sat on next table, facing me, forcing me to move as I cannot stand being looked at while I am trying to concentrate and think.

I don't believe it - I was planning to start a thread saying EXACTLY that!! !

This very thing happened to me 2 days ago - I was in a restaurant for my lunch in the quietest spot I could find and 3 noisy NT girls came and sat at the very next table behind me (so one of them was actually back-to-back with me - grrr!! !) when there were about 20 other empty tables, not next to anyone, they could have sat at.

Why, why, why do people do this? Don't they realise they are invading my space?

Because I work in an open-plan office and commute by train, I like to be in a quiet place away from others for lunch.

That's not too much to ask, surely?

holdsteady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2007, 8:27 am

shopaholic wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Have you ever sat down somewhere, in a cafe or restaurant, in a nice quiet spot, only to have a noisy group come and sit at the next table when there is a whole room of empty tables??

Nothing is more irritating than when you find a quiet spot, only for a sheeperson to come along and invade your space... lost count of number of times someone has sat on next table, facing me, forcing me to move as I cannot stand being looked at while I am trying to concentrate and think.

Because I work in an open-plan office and commute by train, I like to be in a quiet place away from others for lunch.

That's not too much to ask, surely?

But you wouldnt be able to whinge about it on a forums if that happened, would you now?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 3:46 pm

In an EMPTY restaurant, my wife and BABY sat down at a table to get a salad. Some women came in and sat down RIGHT BESIDE US! Come on... the place is empty... they weren't even entering conversation with us so they weren't doing it to be sociable.

Then they start lighting up their cigarettes right in front of the baby. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I gave them a harsh glare as we picked up and moved to the other side of the restaurant. I *should* have said something. I'm sure their weak little brains thought, "what a look he gave us! How rude of him! And leaving too!"

Last edited by BlueMax on 05 Oct 2007, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 4:24 pm

Thankfully, all restaurants and pubs here in the Uk are now no smoking.
Halleluiah.
Of course, back when I was a smoker, I might not have been quite so exuberant about it.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 4:27 pm

I refuse to go along with the crowd. It feels natural for me to not go along with that sorta stuff anyway.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Oct 2007, 5:21 pm

Yes, I cant stand it, dont get me wrong, half the time I can be sociable, but thats when I have energy

When I dont have energy or have something on my mind or even have other things to acomplish on a time limit, I would rather have a considerable distance between me and the next person, and perfer not to be interupted at all. I can even be mean or snap at ppl on occasion when im in this mode, as they may have interupted my thought process or violated my space, or caused any number of inconviences to me.

When Im in the store I want people away from me, i dont mind talking, but usually because im the fastest person in the store as far as walking and shopping, when people are close to me the tend to slow me down, and that makes me mad cause i hate stores and want in and out quickly.

WHen at work and im doing math in my head, or making a travel plan (i plan everything meticulously, not sure if its an ASD thing er not) and someone asks me a question or wants me to converse with them, i usualy give an angry look or say 'WHAT!' loudly or even respond to their question (often i dont even hear it, or process it) I say 'I dont know!'

When I used to go to collage I tended to sit up in the front of the room and in the less population denseity courner of the class where it would be quieter and I could focus better. Well... inevitably people dont always sit in the same seats like me and occasionally someone or more then 1 would sit down right near me and i hated them for it.

Jeeze... writing/reading this makes me sound very self centered, perhapse its something to work on :?