Are you tolerant of people who aren't like you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Oct 2007, 4:44 pm

Are you? If you are do you get dissappointed when others don't tolerate you?

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 5:03 pm

I try to be fair and ignore all people equally

I believe all people have the same inherant worth as a human being but in practice there is one or two people I find it hard to respect (because they are examples of the next sentence). It annoys me when others treat others as of less worth e.g. some western people thinking that people in poorer countries are not important, also the way people treat homeless/addicts.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 5:07 pm

I have only two prejudices at the moment;

1.I find it very hard to tolerate people with right wing views. Some of my friends hold them and I just try not to think about it, try not to think less of them.

2.I am trying to be tolerant of people in this forum who 'hate NT's'. I am trying very hard not to post antagonistic responses to their threads and I'm having to sit on my hands to manage this. I am going to switch off my computer, now...

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Oct 2007, 5:11 pm

sarahstilettos wrote:

1.I find it very hard to tolerate people with right wing views. Some of my friends hold them and I just try not to think about it, try not to think less of them.

2.I am trying to be tolerant of people in this forum who 'hate NT's'. I am trying very hard not to post antagonistic responses to their threads and I'm having to sit on my hands to manage this. I am going to switch off my computer, now...

Sarah, I'm sorry about the NT talk. I don't expect you to understand just as much as why people with aspergers don't understand why we are hated. If you dissapprove, say something, speak your mind. I am venting frustrations but in reality, if you are good to me, I'll be good to you :) If I do something mean then lashing out is justified.

Not all NT's are the same. The ones I am annoyed with are the bullying unprovoked types. Maybe there should be a new classification because it is unfair for nice NT's to take the bad rap for those kinds and they aren't the same.

Okay, so I don't like BNT's. Bullying NT's....but I don't like any kind of bullies of any kind so there goes that classification.

Last edited by Kitsy on 04 Oct 2007, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 5:12 pm

I find it hard to tolerate anyone I feel threatened by...ie, those who have been out drinking and are in a group and shout things out as I walk past. I want to rip them apart.

I also find it hard to tolerate a certain sector of the male population who seem to think females are just there for one purpose, but that is my issue mostly.

For the most part, I just blank people.
I have to admit, I do favour those who are intelligent or show similar mannerisms to myself, but I'd think it is fairly natural to be drawn to those like yourself?

I admittedly used to be a lot more tolerant unless I was bothered.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 5:25 pm

I am very tolerant of other's differences, but intolerant of those who cannot accept my differences.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 5:28 pm

I am very tolerant of all differences.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

holdsteady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2007, 5:29 pm

yes

Stockton
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2007, 5:29 pm

Although I'd like to think otherwise, I'm not very tolerant at all.

Quirky_Girl72
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2007, 5:34 pm

sarahstilettos wrote:
1.I find it very hard to tolerate people with right wing views.

alexbeetle wrote:
I try to be fair and ignore all people equally

I find it very hard to tolerate the right wing, especially the ignorance that goes along w/it. I have found that there are many 'right wingers', cannot back up there beliefs in an intelligent manner. I also cannot stand ignorant rednecks, who think that they know it ALL! Therefore, I cannot tolerate ignorance, white- trash mentality, and stupidity. It makes me sick! However, I dislike most people equally – I now this is a bit of a contradiction, but I am too tired to explain…

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 5:38 pm

sarahstilettos wrote:

I always have, ESPECIALLY now! HOWEVER, I ALSO have two bg prejudices for the past 30 years:

1.I find it very hard to tolerate people with left wing views. Some of my friends held them and I just tried not to think about it, tried not to think less of them.

2.I am trying to be tolerant of people in this forum who 'hate AS peoples'. I try hard not to post really antagonistic responses to their threads and I have to sit on my hands to manage this. I WISH I could just switch off my computer[/quote]

Seriously, sarah, People should work to better themselves, and provide if possible. To do otherwise is to be a PARASITE! Even your beloved Bill Clinton was/is a mere LEECH! He speaks of how the rich should support the poor, and meanwhile took a high salary, a raise, a GIGANTIC Airforce one upgrade, a haircut that is perhaps the most expensive IN HISTORY! He ALSO repealed glass steagle, took an expensive office with an expensive salary, pension, upkeep, etc....

It is really amazing how the left can preach that they are helping the poor while leaching MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars EVERY YEAR from EVERYONE!

And WHY DID he get that 747!?!? Is he overcompensating for something? 8O :lol:

Have you ever seen a 747?

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Oct 2007, 5:42 pm

I'm having difficulties with right and left wing issues. I used to think I was leftist but turns out I'm not liberal enough for leftists and not conservative enough for the right wing. Then someone showed me what libertarianism stood for and I feel I can identify more with their ideas. I see a bunch of crooks stamping labels on themselves and claiming they will do this and that but really they must think being the president in the adult world is like being the class president.

Hey I'll give you free pizza if you vote for me!

On top of groups though, there are always people who tear apart the ideas that were really formed by individuals in the first place to suit their own agenda and mess it up alltogether and that is when the press comes in who have their own agenda to make the group look overall awful.

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2007, 5:45 pm

I find I'm most tolerant of people who are tolerant of me. As in, if they are different from me but open-minded and don't try to change my views - I can definitely respect that.

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2007, 6:20 pm

I'm very tolerant of other's beliefs. I never pay attention to the petty stereotypes of certain groups of people as long as they don't hurt other people or look down on others because of their differences.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 5:06 am

Yes I am. I have my own point of view and I stand by my principles, but I'm perfectly okay with other world views in my everyday life. For example, I'm a deeply spiritual person and I know a very committed Christan person that is also very different from me in general. We can have such amazing talks about our believes, it's cool!

I also have no problems with other disabled people. So, every morning there's a couple of people in my bus that people can' help but notice cause they're, well, disabled. No idea what's the matter with them. But some thing it's so funny to point and stare at them and other won't sit down beside them, because they're afraid.
I have no problem sitting there, some of the people are funny and friendly, I didn't even notice that others had a problem with sitting there until an acquaintance said it.

different
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2007, 5:38 am

Yes and no... In a way I am, I do think that people have the right to believe whatever they want for example. But I am not tolerate to people who tries to change me or someone else... Actually I am not as tolerate as I would like to be...

/Anna